Windows 10: NVIDIA GTX 860M Constant Crashes

Discus and support NVIDIA GTX 860M Constant Crashes in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Lately I've been extremely frustrated with the GPU in my laptop constantly crashing. It happens almost every time it gets put into use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by themaster402, Dec 11, 2015.

1. NVIDIA GTX 860M Constant Crashes

Hello everyone. Lately I've been extremely frustrated with the GPU in my laptop constantly crashing. It happens almost every time it gets put into use. Some main examples are opening Geometry Dash (in which case the graphics card crashes), opening Kerbal Space Program (in which case the graphics card also crashes), editing videos in Vegas Pro 13 (in which case I once got a blue screen), and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition (can you guess?.... yep, the GPU crashes). The only applications that use the GPU and don't crash are Minecraft (basically Java applications) and TerraTech.

My head is starting to boil, since this is the latest in a chain of problems I've had after installing Windows 10. I have already done a system restore and reinstalled the GPU driver. It may or may not be related to the GPU problem, but the laptop also has random freezes. Sometimes, the laptop will randomly freeze, turn black for a second then come back, but there is an exclamation mark icon in the icon bar in the bottom right. All apps using the NVIDIA GPU will cease to work.

:)

themaster402, Dec 11, 2015

2. Nvidia GTX 860m compatibility

Thanks for your quick reply! I am all set to upgrade.

JoeyTraina Jr, Dec 11, 2015
  3. Nvidia GTX 860m compatibility

How
    to: Determine if an application or hardware device is compatible with Windows 10

You can also download the Windows 10 Reservation App and use it to check your system readiness.

How
    to reserve your free upgrade to Windows 10

NVIDIA GTX 860M Constant Crashes [​IMG]

Click the hamburger menu at the upper left hand corner.

Click Check your PC

Wait while the scan prepares a report, when complete, you should see the following:

NVIDIA GTX 860M Constant Crashes [​IMG]

Backup your computer:

When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup. See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7
    Windows 8/8.1

Also review:

How
    to manually backup and restore your files

How to: 10 Tips before
    installing the latest Windows 10 build

How to: 10 things
    to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

How
    to: Determine if an application or hardware device is compatible with Windows 10

Once you have installed these important updates and followed the prerequisite instructions, you should be ready to receive your
    free update to Windows 10 this summer.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 11, 2015
  4. NVIDIA GTX 860M Constant Crashes

Someone please help me.... I uninstalled the GTX 860M driver from my PC and now I can't reinstall it...

5. NonXtreme Win User
    What do you mean by can't install it? Does it give error or something?
    Basically give more details about problem.

NonXtreme, Dec 11, 2015
  6. Well, I uninstalled the driver for the GPU (which I have done before, and it worked fine) and went to reinstall it, but GeForce Experience doesn't detect the card anymore. Games and applications still randomly freeze and the GPU still crashes.

7. NonXtreme Win User
    Well gpu shouldn't crash if there is no driver install since it will be off.

Maybe your driver isn't properly uninstall.
    Try complete uninstall driver with "display driver uninstaller (DDU)" in safe mode and then boot to windows and install driver again.

NonXtreme, Dec 11, 2015
  8. NVIDIA GTX 860M Constant Crashes

Ok, now the GPU isn't working at all. At first the applications would be using the GPU then crash, but now the GPU isn't even being used. Someone please shoot me *cry

9. Ok, NVIDIA literally just released a driver that fixes my problem. lol.

themaster402, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

NVIDIA GTX 860M Constant Crashes

1. NVIDIA GTX 860M Constant Crashes - Similar Threads - NVIDIA GTX 860M

2. Nvidia 860m not detected on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia 860m not detected on my laptop: Hello here, am having issues with my laptop detecting my nvidia graphics cardgtx 860m, it was working fine even when I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 last month but stopped working for two weeks now. I have been searching online, watching YouTube videos but still none...
  3. Unable to update NVidia GTX 745

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to update NVidia GTX 745: I am wondering if these updates are still compatible with the latest windows 10 updates. I have ran a ddu and tried reinstalling driver fresh from NVidia but still get 2 error messages. 1. Stating not compatible with windows 10 and the 2nd stating no compatible drive was...
  4. tarjeta nvidia gtx 960

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tarjeta nvidia gtx 960: hola estoy intentando instalar una tarjeta de video ndivia gtx 960 en windows 10 Pero me dice que no es compatible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tarjeta-nvidia-gtx-960/ceedc01f-e5ca-4add-909e-b8f1b58bafb8
  5. Mobile Nvidia GTX 7600?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Mobile Nvidia GTX 7600?: Anyone have it working with Windows 10 with Duo Core processor? 39834
  6. Nvidia GTX 295

Nvidia GTX 295: Hi Gang, I hope everyone is enjoying the new OS ... I'm getting ready to upgrade my Primary system, which is a EVGA classified X58 board with a core i7, 6Gb RAM and a GTX 295 card. I noted looking thru that the card is legacy now, no new drivers mentioned for 10, nor...
  7. Kernel Drivers Crashing for all NVIDIA drivers with GTX 745

Kernel Drivers Crashing for all NVIDIA drivers with GTX 745: Hi, I need help with crashing due to kernel drivers. This problem started on Windows 8, and I upgraded to Windows 10, and is still crashing. I have done many things to attempt to fix this problem, such as using DDR to uninstall drivers, rolling back old drivers etc., and none...
  8. Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 crashing computer. What could the issue be?

Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 crashing computer. What could the issue be?: Hello guys. I've recently bought a new computer. It came with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 video card. I haven't had any issues with it at all, up until the point that I launched some games on Steam. It seems as though the video card has trouble running higher end games, such...
  9. Applications using GTX 860M are black.

Applications using GTX 860M are black.: My god Windows 10, problem after problem. This time, all applications using my GTX 860M show up as darkness. I've rollbacked the driver, tried, still no use. Now I'm going to do another system restore and see if it works. 18312
  10. NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX 1080: [MEDIA] [IMG] Powered by Pascal Architecture, Delivers up to 2x Performance and 3X Efficiency of GeForce GTX TITAN X NVIDIA today announced the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 -- the first gaming GPU based on the company's new Pascal™ architecture -- providing up to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia driver crashing gtx 860m rust

2. gtx 860m driver crash