Windows 10: Nvidia Installer Cannot Continue/Driver Installation Failed Win 10

Discus and support Nvidia Installer Cannot Continue/Driver Installation Failed Win 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello. I am on Windows 10 1607 (not a Windows upgrade problem because I've been on the same version with this gfx card for a several months with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Raen, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Raen Win User

Nvidia Installer Cannot Continue/Driver Installation Failed Win 10

Hello. I am on Windows 10 1607 (not a Windows upgrade problem because I've been on the same version with this gfx card for a several months with no issues) I had an update for Nvidia GTX 950 drivers that failed to auto update. I tried to do a manual update and that failed too. Options to roll back the driver were greyed out and I couldn't get a restore point further back than when the issue started. I turned my computer off because I was frustrated. The next morning, I powered it on and now Nvidia is no longer working at all. Microsoft Basic Display was being used instead and Nvidia wouldn't show in BIOS. My resolution was lowered from 1920x1080 to 1024x768. I tried updating/reinstalling Nvidia drivers again. Still got same errors as day before. Pulled out graphics card and tested it on another pc. It works fine there and I was able to get the latest drivers installed on that. Put an Nvidia GTX 980 in my computer to see if I could get that to show and under Display Adapters (dev mngmt) it says Video Controller (VGA Compatible). My screen resolution now allows 1920x1080 but the GTX 980 will not work either. Every time WIndows 10 loads window pops up "precision x no supported hardware detected". Both cards work fine in the other PC. I don't know what else to check. Thanks to anyone that can help!

:)

2. CANNOT INSTALL DRIVER NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 620M in Windows 10.

Original Title: CANNOT INSTALL DRIVER NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 620M

Please help me how to fix my driver installation NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 620M with acer V5-71G, while driver installation processing I'm find this word "NVIDIA Installer cannot continue"

maulanaakhsan, Jul 28, 2017
  3. After Win 10 upgrade BSOD error and restart loop, VIDEO MEMORY MANAGEMENT INTERNALERROR

I cannot install NVIDIA drivers in Safe Mode.

I have a USB media to install Win 10.

Should I try re-installing 10? or going back to 8?

Giggungaggap, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Gramps Win User

Isn't Precision X EVGA's overclocking utility? It's running at start-up and cannot find your card, I believe that is what causes the error message. Have you tried using the DDU utility to completely remove the previous NVIDIA drivers? Check this link for d/l info https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...d-07-27-2017-/

Run the program and then select reboot in safe mode and let it do it's thing. Once it has finished your system will re-boot normally. At that point try reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.

Gramps, Jul 28, 2017
  5. Raen Win User
    Thanks. I will try that now and post results.

6. Raen Win User
    Ok, I used DDU to remove the drivers, ran program and rebooted in safe mode.I tried reinstalling the drivers and received the same error (img attached).

7. Gramps Win User
    355.xx are quite old drivers. Maybe try the latest driver, I think its 384.94. Might want to try and uninstall GeForce Exp also.

Gramps, Jul 28, 2017
  8. Raen Win User

I downloaded the latest drivers, deleted GeForce Experience and tried reinstalling the drivers. Still the same error.

9. Gramps Win User
    Ok. Google "GTX 950 install fails on windows 10". Lots of links will pop-up where, hopefully, you can find a solution. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Gramps, Jul 28, 2017
  10. Raen Win User
    It's ok. Thank you for your help *Smile

11. When you ran DDU, did it only list your Nvidia graphics card driver? I had a similar issue after installing a new card, it wouldn't let me install a newer Nvidia driver. When I ran DDU, it also listed Intel HD Graphics 4600 as being a secondary device. Apparently Windows 10 installed that in the background. I cleaned that out and ran DDU again to clean out the old Nvidia driver and after that I was able to install the new driver.

MattMcD488, Jul 31, 2017
  12. Raen Win User
    The second card I tested did not show up as a secondary device. I wish I knew what caused the issue but I had to do a clean install of windows 10 due to a non related hardware issue. After the clean install my graphics card worked fine. Thanks for the tip anyway!

Thema:

1. Nvidia Installer Cannot Continue/Driver Installation Failed Win 10 - Similar Threads - Nvidia Installer Cannot

2. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  3. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.: SPECS:BIOS : Up to date; A24NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB4x2 8GB Ram DDR3L@1600MHzIntel Core i7-4600U 2 Cores 4 Threads @2.10GHz - 2.70GHz466GB HDDWindows 10 Pro x64 22H2 - 19045.3086Dell Latitude E5540Hello! I was installing NVIDIA Drivers on my laptop, when i get following...
  4. NVIDIA Drivers fail to install.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.: After restarting the Laptop by force during Nvidia driver update, windows seem to crash into a Blue Screen.While finishing up the Nvidia driver update through Geforce Experience my laptop froze. I restarted it with the power button. However, now the Laptop crashes after a...
  6. Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.: After restarting the Laptop by force during Nvidia driver update, windows seem to crash into a Blue Screen.While finishing up the Nvidia driver update through Geforce Experience my laptop froze. I restarted it with the power button. However, now the Laptop crashes after a...
  7. Continuous crashes after a failed NVIDIA Driver installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Nvidia driver failed to be installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia driver failed to be installed: I have a notebook with NVIDIA GEFORCE 930MX. After the latest windows update, NVIDIA asked for driver update. the driver failed to be installed. After that may NVIDIA doesn't come up or active. i searched the device manager and found my NVIDIA device as an other device....
  9. NVIDIA Installer cannot continue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Installer cannot continue on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some users may encounter the NVIDIA Installer cannot continue issue with NVIDIA graphics drivers while they are carrying out a fresh install of Windows 10. […] This article NVIDIA Installer cannot continue on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. NVIDIA Installer cannot continue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA Installer cannot continue: Hello, I download and I try install a driver for my new video-card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming 6G. NVIDIA Graphics Driver Version 373.06 for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, from official NVIDIA site. I give this message: This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatibile...