Windows 10: Nvidia leaves ~0.6GB of files on disk - what can go?

Discus and support Nvidia leaves ~0.6GB of files on disk - what can go? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; [img] I guess everything useful has been installed on the Windows system - can these folders and files go? 79380 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Fafhrd, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Fafhrd Win User

Nvidia leaves ~0.6GB of files on disk - what can go?

Nvidia leaves ~0.6GB of files on disk - what can go? [​IMG]

I guess everything useful has been installed on the Windows system - can these folders and files go?

:)

Fafhrd, Mar 14, 2017

2. This is all I have installed :

Nvidia has an install folder you can delete from This PC / Your W10 Drive / Nvidia

That is just an installation & re-install folder which takes up space after extraction of the downloaded drivers, also select advanced on instal as the bottom 2 items can be unticked - Physics Software & Nvidia Experience does not need to be installed you just have to check for updates yourself.

RoadBlaster, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Fafhrd Win User
    You have more than me, RB! - not jealous, honestly! Can these be deleted though - does anyone know - surely the drivers are happily installed in Windows\system32 - and backed up in the driverstore?

Fafhrd, Mar 16, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

If you need to uninstall them completely, use DDU in safe mode.

CountMike, Mar 17, 2017
  5. hi sorry I'll ask here instead of creating a new thread because the topic is similar to what I'm searching for..

So, is the Physics Software really useless? I tought it was needed, but now that I read your post I'm chaging my mind: is maybe the Vulkan stuff this software here?

Also, when installin/upgrading my nVidia GT 740 drivers I only pick driver/audio/physic checkbox: I don't need User Exoperience bloatware; about the 3D stuff I think it's useless to me because I don't have any 3D display driver nor 3D glasses needed to it.. Am i right on that too?

thanks!

brainvision, Mar 19, 2017
  6. Clive K Win User
    Physics drivers are used in some games. Borderlands 2 for example. You'll notice the difference. I can take it or leave it, but it makes a significant difference.
    I always delete the NVIDIA "install directory " when the install has completed.
    It's just taking up space.

Clive K, Mar 19, 2017
  7. yep, so do I.. I'm still confosude about 3D stuff, but I never install it neither

brainvision, Mar 20, 2017
  8. DooGie Win User

When installing NVIDIA drivers I always unpack them to a temp directory then get rid of a lot of the stuff I don't want before installing. For instance after unpacking I see this.

After getting rid of the files I don't want it looks like this.

The things I want install perfectly with no error messages at all. I end up with the driver and Physx only installed.

DooGie, Mar 20, 2017
  9. so you don't install 3D Vision, neither, great...

but if I can ask why don't you simply unpack the file, start the Setup and then uncheck boxes of stufff you don't want to be installed?

brainvision, Mar 20, 2017
  10. DooGie Win User
    Because you don't get all the options. A lot of things you don't want still get installed *Smile

DooGie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Nvidia leaves ~0.6GB of files on disk - what can go? - Similar Threads - Nvidia leaves 6GB

2. What's the use of disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the use of disk 0: I've searched for so long but still haven't got an answer, my disk 0 has 1tb unallocated space but I can't use it, I tried to new simple volume it but it was just grey, I know nothing about computers but I'm supposed to have 1tb but only have 118gb usable storage, what's the...
  3. What's the use of disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the use of disk 0: I've searched for so long but still haven't got an answer, my disk 0 has 1tb unallocated space but I can't use it, I tried to new simple volume it but it was just grey, I know nothing about computers but I'm supposed to have 1tb but only have 118gb usable storage, what's the...
  4. Nvidia GPU GTX 1060 6gb not detected by system

Nvidia GPU GTX 1060 6gb not detected by system: Around about a week ago I purchased a new laptop Microsoft Surface Book 2. Upon opening the laptop, I straight away installed GeForce experience and downloaded the new game ready drivers for my GTX 1060 6gb dedicated gpu. However halfway through installation I accidentally...
  5. Can I merge Disk 0 and Disk 1?

Can I merge Disk 0 and Disk 1?: I see in disk management that I have 2 disks and 1 is mush larger than the other and has unallocated space:Is there a way to merge disk 0 and disk 1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-merge-disk-0-and-disk-1/84a8b519-a80e-4c4a-8b6d-c2bd6ab7ca30
  6. Can I merge Disk 0 and Disk 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I merge Disk 0 and Disk 1?: I see in disk management that I have 2 disks and 1 is mush larger than the other and has unallocated space:Is there a way to merge disk 0 and disk 1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-merge-disk-0-and-disk-1/84a8b519-a80e-4c4a-8b6d-c2bd6ab7ca30
  7. File transfer spikes. File is on Disk 1 but Disk 0 (SSD) is spiking. What's going on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File transfer spikes. File is on Disk 1 but Disk 0 (SSD) is spiking. What's going on?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pollo_Jack [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqvl3q/file_transfer_spikes_file_is_on_disk_1_but_disk_0/
  8. What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What Is The Difference Between Disk 0 and Disk C: in Disk Management ?: In Windows 10 Disk Management, my computer shows a 'Disk 0' with two partitions, partition 1 and partition 4. It also shows a Disk C: OS. What is the difference between the partitioned Disk 0 and the OS disk? Notes: - I do NOT have a disk labeled 'Disk 1'. The...
  9. What partition should be active on Disk 0 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What partition should be active on Disk 0 ?: I assumed it would be the partition labeled System, But the Recovery partition has system in brackets, and i noticed that most have the one with system in brackets active. I know logically you wouldnt put the recovery as active. but im thinking it labeled wrong, and the...
  10. Nvidia gtx 1060 6gb Digital Vibrance

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia gtx 1060 6gb Digital Vibrance: No matter what I do it will not save my setting on startup. I have to tweak the Digital Vibrance slider to get it to be right?. Does the new update fix this? Is there a work around to get the setting to save right. Don't want to tweak the slider every time I boot up. Is it a...