Windows 10: Nvidia question

Discus and support Nvidia question in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I realize one can delete the Nvidia folder after installing an update. My question still remains, is it ok (or possible) to delete the whole Folder in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Maggidon, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Maggidon Win User

Nvidia question

I realize one can delete the Nvidia folder after installing an update. My question still remains, is it ok (or possible) to delete the whole Folder in C:\Programs Files called Nvidia Corporation? I have deleted all the files in the Nvidia Corporation\Installer2 but what about the whole Folder itself? I actually tried it and it wouldn't delete. Is it wiser to leave this Folder alone?
    Also ... under C:\Program File (x86) there is another Folder called NVIDIA Corporation. Is it possible (or safe) to delete this Folder & if not, is there anything in it that one can delete?

:)

Maggidon, Oct 28, 2017

2. Window 1709 On Asus fx553

Question 1: I can't find the latest NVIDIA graphics drivers available from ASUS for the laptop (Version V22.21.13.8253)

Question 2: Do i need to update BIOS first then install NVIDIA ? Or install NVIDIA and update BIOS?

NorhaqimRuslan, Oct 28, 2017
  3. primary display's adapter does not support NVIDIA 3D Vision. Error. Windows 10 Pro

As it is getting clearer that this issue may have something to do with Nvidia and Nvidia 3D Vision, we suggest that you contact the support of Nvidia or post the same question on NVIDIA Community.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 28, 2017
  4. Nvidia question

ThrashZone, Oct 28, 2017
  5. Maggidon Win User
    Thanks for this. It doesn't answer my question totally but thank you just the same. Very interesting!

Maggidon, Oct 28, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Oct 28, 2017
  7. Maggidon Win User
    I manually deleted the NVIDIA folder. In the NVIDIA Corporation Folder in C:\Program Files\Installer2, I creamed the works of them manually. No problems so far.
    From what I'm finding thus far, it appears I must leave the NVIDIA Corporation Folder alone and not try to delete it unless pain is something i enjoy. I've got to turn in for a bit but if you've got advice, I'm listening, or should that be ... reading. Thanks for the reply!

Maggidon, Oct 28, 2017
  8. BKnight Win User

Nvidia question

Do not delete that folder as it contains graphic card DLLs and the display container.

Installing and updating the graphic drivers can make the folder grow to gigabytes in size. If you really want to clean it run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), like zbook posted above, and then install your graphic card drivers. My folder size for C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation is 244mb.

BKnight, Oct 28, 2017
  9. Maggidon Win User
    Tried downloading DDU but as usual, the page tries to download another junk file that I'm not going to put on this computer. I'll look for it on another site. Thanks for the advice.

Maggidon, Oct 28, 2017
  10. BKnight Win User
  11. Hi,
    I personally wouldn't mess with anything other than what the tutorial suggests C/ nvidia/ display driver folder.

ThrashZone, Oct 28, 2017
  12. Maggidon Win User
    Ok, thanks so much for the advice. The link to the DDU worked perfectly this time. By the way, do you mind elaborating a bit more on what you just stated Thrashzone?

Maggidon, Oct 28, 2017
  13. Nvidia question

Hi,
    On win-7 now but not any different the display driver folder should only contain the newest driver not older ones
    Attachment 160978

ThrashZone, Oct 28, 2017
  14. Maggidon Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Although I have an ASUS, I see no ASUS directory as you show. Also, the NVIDIA Folder ... I deleted that whole thing, even from the Recycle Bin. Therefore I am not showing any SubFolder as DisplayDriver.
    From what I've gathered from others, it is safe to delete this particular Folder and I have had no problems with it since. Also, all the files within NVIDIA\Corportation\Installer2 have all been creamed and no problems.
    Back to my original question, the Directories NVIDIA Corportation Folder mustn't be deleted (even though I foolishly tried) as I have also found out.
    Thank you again for the feedback.

Maggidon, Oct 28, 2017
  15. Hi,
    The asus folder is just what I labeled the disk *Smile

ThrashZone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Nvidia question

1. Nvidia question - Similar Threads - Nvidia question

2. My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation: Dear Microsoft CommitteeBefore Answering my Issue let's quick review my Laptop Specifications Model: HP Laptop Pavilion 15-bc200neRam: 16 GB RamRom: 1 TB +256 NVME SSDProcessor: Core i7-7th GenerationGraphic Driver: IntelR HD Graphics 630Window Install: Window 10 HomI am...
  3. My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation: Dear Microsoft CommitteeBefore Answering my Issue let's quick review my Laptop Specifications Model: HP Laptop Pavilion 15-bc200neRam: 16 GB RamRom: 1 TB +256 NVME SSDProcessor: Core i7-7th GenerationGraphic Driver: IntelR HD Graphics 630Window Install: Window 10 HomI am...
  4. My Question is About Nvidia Driver Installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MSI Stealth 16 Mercedes AMG NVIDIA RTX 4070 Windows 11 Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI Stealth 16 Mercedes AMG NVIDIA RTX 4070 Windows 11 Question: Hi,Can Windows 11 Home OEM be downgraded to Windows 10 OEM?Can the Windows 11 OEM licence be used to activate Windows 10 OEM?If not will I need to purchase the retail version of Windows 10?I'm looking at purchasing the above laptop but can't use Windows 11 due to...
  6. MSI Stealth 16 Mercedes AMG NVIDIA RTX 4070 Windows 11 Question

MSI Stealth 16 Mercedes AMG NVIDIA RTX 4070 Windows 11 Question: Hi,Can Windows 11 Home OEM be downgraded to Windows 10 OEM?Can the Windows 11 OEM licence be used to activate Windows 10 OEM?If not will I need to purchase the retail version of Windows 10?I'm looking at purchasing the above laptop but can't use Windows 11 due to...
  7. NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 question: I dont have any problems but i was really in big surprise after i update this driver last night.After update my GPU RTX 2060 super,work as usual but running full throttle but temps barelly reaching 61 degress celzius lol.Im burning it on hard test playing most demanding games...
  8. NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 question

NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 question: I dont have any problems but i was really in big surprise after i update this driver last night.After update my GPU RTX 2060 super,work as usual but running full throttle but temps barelly reaching 61 degress celzius lol.Im burning it on hard test playing most demanding games...
  9. NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. NVIDIA "no scaling" Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NVIDIA "no scaling" Question: Hi everyone, I got a new PC but i have no monitor so I am currently using a 32" 1360x768 TV instead and the quality isn´t the greates I´d say. The distance I´m taking from the TV makes it really difficult to focus attention and make quick eye movements. In my NVIDIA control...