Windows 10: Nvidia Rushes Out New Driver Version to Address Win10 Start Menu Issue

Discus and support Nvidia Rushes Out New Driver Version to Address Win10 Start Menu Issue in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Nvidia rushes out Hotfix due to broken Windows 10 Start menu, apps with 375.57 driver It doesn't always pay to be on the cutting edge with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by EdTittel, Oct 24, 2016.

1. EdTittel Win User

Nvidia Rushes Out New Driver Version to Address Win10 Start Menu Issue

Nvidia rushes out Hotfix due to broken Windows 10 Start menu, apps with 375.57 driver
    Source: Neowin.net

See also: Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 10

:)

EdTittel, Oct 24, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Oct 24, 2016
  3. JohnnyCat Win User
    JohnnyCat, Oct 24, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

This should address numerous postings all over the forums about recent Start Menu, Tile, Store, and other "balky Windows" issues. According to reports from many such posters already, the fix is indeed helping. Find it at Download Drivers | NVIDIA.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 24, 2016
  5. Absolutely unforgivable from nvidia. Clearly QA testing does not feature on their agenda (if at all) as the driver should never of seen the light of day. This is why I never update any driver unless there is a compelling need to do so. I'm still using the 358 subset and it works absolutely fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Scottyboy99, Oct 24, 2016
  6. LOTN Win User
    actually overall nvidia has a fantastic track record. unlike ati who's only now starting to come out with good drivers after 2 decades of piss poor drivers. it's amazing that it took amd buying ati for ati to get their act together.

7. DooGie Win User
    It wasn't everyone who had the start menu problem Scottyboy and a lot of users liked 375.57, myself included. However I've now updated to 375.63 and having no problems with that either. I agree wiyh LOTN's comments, in the last 15 years I've only had a problem with one Nvidia driver. I'll just keep updating every time a new one is released *Smile

DooGie, Oct 24, 2016
  8. Nvidia Rushes Out New Driver Version to Address Win10 Start Menu Issue

Ah ok, I was under the impression it was across the board! Guess I should cut them some slack, I just get a little riled by bugs, there seem to be so many problems in today's tech world and the relentless updates, updates, updates from all angles is a little tiresome. I suppose it's prob a good thing but nvidia do seem to release a new driver every time the wind blows

Scottyboy99, Oct 24, 2016
  9. LOTN Win User
    i'll add another note: microsoft keeps rolling the driver back. i used the one tool and did the gppedit trick and after a couple of day they were disabled and windows rolled the driver back.

10. Geneo Win User
    Their track record since Windows 10 release has been abysmal. Not just games, basic things like streaming video freezing. I mean. And if you had SLI (I don't) forget it.

It has gotten so embarrassing for them, they completely expunged the release with the start menu issues and they expunged the whole topic on the fiasco of a release from their driver forum.

Geneo, Oct 25, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Working on problems in the BSOD forum, I'd say Nvidia is the cause of at least 30% of them.
    Between Nvidia, ATI and Intel, more than 50% of the problems.

Ztruker, Oct 25, 2016
  12. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have just swapped my GTX 970 for a RX480. The latest nVidia driver iterations were going down the hill fast. AMD has got its issues too, but I remember older nVidia drivers did shine but this is not the case nowadays.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 25, 2016
  13. Nvidia Rushes Out New Driver Version to Address Win10 Start Menu Issue

I had issues with both NVidia and AMD/ATI drivers with the early preview builds. No issues lately though, at least none I'm aware of? I'm just running the Windows update supplied drivers though.

One thing I strongly disagree with, is the forced install/update of drivers via Windows update. Forcing Windows updates is one thing (I don't agree with that decision either) but why force driver updates? It just doesn't make any sense to me to do that? It's causing more issues than it solves, IMHO. Offer them for download, but give us a "I don't think so" option already. *Devil

alphanumeric, Oct 25, 2016
  14. Ztruker Win User
    I'm not sure it's all Nvidia's fault though, I suspect Microsoft shares some of the blame. Drivers that work well on Vista, 7 and 8 die horribly on 10 ... why?

Ztruker, Oct 26, 2016
  15. The regular updates to system files likely don't help, as far as drivers go. A new build likely equates to a new version of Windows as far as driver manufacturers go. Especially video drivers.
    Plus, with all the free upgrades done, millions of OEM devices are now running an unsupported OS. When I say unsupported, I mean not supported on that Model by that OEM. That's what leads people to go directly to NVidia or AMD for drivers, and potentially pick the wrong one. Then blame Microsoft, or NVidia, or AMD etc, when it all goes south.

alphanumeric, Oct 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Nvidia Rushes Out New Driver Version to Address Win10 Start Menu Issue - Similar Threads - Nvidia Rushes Driver

2. Nvidia Error & Win10 Crash when installing Nvidia Drivers...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nvidia Error & Win10 Crash when installing Nvidia Drivers...: Hey there everyone! I recently had an unexpected shutdown while playing, then I had to uninstall my gpu drivers. Afterwards, I wasn't able to download them back since I am getting a BSOD everytime halfway through the download... The blue screen displays the error: PAGE...
  3. HP 6MP printer driver for new version of win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 6MP printer driver for new version of win10: I just did a new build and can not find a suitable printer driver for my HP 6MP laser printer. I have driver installed on another Win10 machine but was an older version when driver was installed. I came from Microsoft printer install process. Driver dated 6/21/2006,...
  4. start menu tiles win10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu tiles win10 version 2004: I am a long time reader of this forum. Never posted but find it very informative. It this time I am looking for a little help with a problem I created. I have been using a little program called "Pin It" by a Sergi But... Absolutely love it, but I accidentally deleted it the...
  5. New Start Menu not included in version W2004, then ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Start Menu not included in version W2004, then ?: After three attempts I downloaded version 2004 . I expected a new Start page - but everything is the same. When do we get the new Start Menu ?...
  6. New nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New nvidia drivers: So I installed the new drivers tonight, it installed then restarted annnnnd I got nothing, black screen. Took it out and hooked up onboard graphics and it works. Anyone else have this issue?
  7. Nvidia Driver - not compatible with this version of Windows

Nvidia Driver - not compatible with this version of Windows: Hi, My name is Cos. My son has a Notebook - Asus TUF gaming FX504 GE, Intel Core i5, with Nvidia Geforce GTX. I installed Windows 10Pro N, 64-bit, and I have a problem with Nvidia driver. From The Asus Page I tried to Install for this configuration Nvidia Drivers...
  8. Nvidia Driver wont update Win10 is blocking new update

Nvidia Driver wont update Win10 is blocking new update: Nvidia Driver wont update Win10 is blocking new update. Ive tried every i can find on how to fix it. Nothing works. But everything is pointing to Windows 10. Now Microsoft says ending support of 7 but this issue is still one for the past 3-4years now. I reverted back to 7...
  9. ?Notify NVIDIA or Microsoft of NVIDIA driver issue?

?Notify NVIDIA or Microsoft of NVIDIA driver issue?: Win10 1803 with all updates. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 display driver. MS Update installed a new version of the display driver and it has issues - audio is fine but video does not advance and most of the video area is covered with white blocks. I reverted to the previous driver...
  10. New Video drivers came out yesterday for Nvidia.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Video drivers came out yesterday for Nvidia.: If you have not yet installed Win 10. There are new Nvida driver out as of yesterday. Microsoft will auto download them through Windows update agent. JUST, FYI. 10104