Windows 10: Nvidia speaks out against rising price of GPUs due to cryptocurrency

Discus and support Nvidia speaks out against rising price of GPUs due to cryptocurrency in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...s-card-prices/ I've been trying to buy for example EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR, 6GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Slugger, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Slugger Win User

Nvidia speaks out against rising price of GPUs due to cryptocurrency

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...s-card-prices/

I've been trying to buy for example EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR, 6GB GDDR5, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan). EVGA sells it on their web site for $349 but not available. In fact none of their 1060's are available.

Graphics card prices are going through the roof.

:)

Slugger, Feb 2, 2018

2. Big Update = Disaster ( update, enable and using dead dedicated GPU )

Yes, it's using HD4000 now. I will remove the Nvidia GPU and keep using HD4000.

The tricky thing is in Laptop. The Nvidia GPU is soldered with machine. If it is in PC, I can just pull the card. I want to bring it to IT Technician for help. But my town IT Technician have reputation to make it worse and charge high price to fix it. I
    need to look the one I can trust.

Removing GPU chip is already on the list to do.

Thank you.

Aria_Derek, Feb 2, 2018
  3. ZachFacee Win User
    BSOD Playing Assassins Creed: Origins

I just installed my new GPU, the Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti and downloaded Assassins Creed: Origins to try it out. I run the game find at 60fps on high graphics but keep blue screening very randomly. I have blue screened anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes of
    game play both in the menu and in the graphically intensive game itself.

The problem is that I have been checking my temperatures of the CPU and GPU and while the CPU is being used up almost to 100% most of the time while playing I never see the temp rise over 50-60 degrees before BSOD.

These are the Minidump reports as well as my Msinfo32 file.

Minidump.rar

Thanks Nvidia speaks out against rising price of GPUs due to cryptocurrency :)

ZachFacee, Feb 2, 2018
  4. Nvidia speaks out against rising price of GPUs due to cryptocurrency

It is due to The Bitcoin mining or was. I have that Card and am glad I bought it when I did.*Wink

Josey Wales, Feb 2, 2018
  5. essenbe Win User
    EVGA is still, last I heard, releasing cards on their website but they usually sell out in just a few minutes.

essenbe, Feb 2, 2018
  6. Manufacturers should change their goals but I think with their current manpower that'll be hard.

RoasterMen, Feb 3, 2018
  7. Hi,
    Getting a gpu from evga's website has always been tough
    This shortage is nothing new
    They usually do it to keep prices high they love the bitcoin ordeal *Smile

ThrashZone, Feb 3, 2018
  8. essenbe Win User

Mike, I have no clue where you get that. Have you even looked at EVGA's prices lately? The 1080 TI FTW3 I bought the day they were released is about $40 more now than it was when it was released. All the high prices come from 3rd party sellers, which the AIBs get nothing from. How are they profiting from the bitcoin induced high prices? Those $1300-$1400 TI's, EVGA is selling for $820-870.

essenbe, Feb 3, 2018
  9. Tony K Win User
    In reading some articles including the OP's linked one I see it has nothing to do with Bitcoin or similar cryptocurrency mining any longer, for that has been solved because a "specialized application-specific integrated chip (ASIC) mining hardware" solved it. There's a new kid in town called Ether cryptocurrency in which that fix no longer suffices. So now the bad-guy miners once again are creating shortages, for they again need the computing power of GPUs to do so via Ethereum. Therefore, higher demand in a free enterprise system drives up prices.

This is due to manufactures and retailers taking advantage of the shortage, for a product is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. When they see this flow of shortage (stock in time sold) they raise prices for the goal of more profit. This entails all products and companies up the line to create that end product.

That's not just what companies do, they need to do it to answer to investors. It's been this way ever since Eve handed Adam the commodity of the fruit. *Wink

Cryptocurrency Mining: What It Is, How It Works And Who's Making Money Off It | Benzinga

Tony K, Feb 3, 2018
  10. essenbe Win User
    Tony, it's still mining. When us non-miners say Bitcoin, it is usually a general term for mining. But, not all the AIBs sell their own cards and most of the ones who do have not raised prices any more than normal fluctuations. They are not making money because of the price increases, other than selling all their stock. If you buy a card from EVGA and sell it on Ebay for twice the amount you paid for it, EVGA makes nothing more than what they sold it for. When my Card was first released it sold for $779.00. It now sells from EVGA for $819, and sells on Ebay for $1000-$1500. That's why the manufacturers never have any stock. As soon as they put it up, it is sold in minutes. But, they are not profiting from the price increase other than they don't have to worry about left over stock when the new generation card is released. The $40 or so price increase is most likely because of the increase in dram prices.

essenbe, Feb 3, 2018
  11. Tony K Win User
    Steve, call it what you may, but it's clearly not the same type of mining is what I referenced. It's a completely a different cryptocurrency and system. Neither seller or buyer see each other. Nonetheless, it created the shortage of GPUs.

To say AIBs don't take advantage of shortage is bogus IMO. To say the increase is "most likely because of the increase in dram prices" is a guess at that. Even at $40/per > Take that times the millions they manufacture sums up to a lot of money. I'll agree that the middlemen are the bigger hijackers, though.

Tony K, Feb 3, 2018
  12. I would have to disagree Steve, look at the prices below from EVGA

Nvidia speaks out against rising price of GPUs due to cryptocurrency [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Feb 3, 2018
  13. essenbe Win User

Josey, those are the release prices for the Kingpin version.. It is a different animal from the rest of the TI's and always command that high a price.

essenbe, Feb 3, 2018
  14. I was just going to edit my post..LOL There are less expensive Ti's

https://www.evga.com/products/produc...et=GTX+1080+Ti

Josey Wales, Feb 3, 2018
  15. essenbe Win User
    Yea, I know. The Kingpin is one endoesed by 'Kingpin' who is a professional Overclocker and holds some world records.They are not for the faint of heart.

essenbe, Feb 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Nvidia speaks out against rising price of GPUs due to cryptocurrency - Similar Threads - Nvidia speaks against

2. How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop: My friend has a laptop that has a i5 12500h and nvidia gtx 1650 his laptop refresh rate can achieve 144hz however because of integrated graphics it cant do so, so i want to know how to change the display to use gtx 1650 so my friend can go on 144hz refresh rate for gaming...
  3. How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change display to use Nvidia Gpus on laptop: My friend has a laptop that has a i5 12500h and nvidia gtx 1650 his laptop refresh rate can achieve 144hz however because of integrated graphics it cant do so, so i want to know how to change the display to use gtx 1650 so my friend can go on 144hz refresh rate for gaming...
  4. Has the cryptocurrency craze now made hard drive prices skyrocket?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has the cryptocurrency craze now made hard drive prices skyrocket?: Today I received my regular email from Newegg regarding their current super deals. One thing that caught my attention was: Todays Shell Shocker Deal! 24HRs Only! Western Digital Elements 14TB $359.99 To me the real shocker was that I just bought the Western Digital Elements...
  5. NVIDIA Launches GeForce RTX SUPER Series GPUs

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Launches GeForce RTX SUPER Series GPUs: GeForce RTX 20-Series graphics cards launched last year, bringing real-time ray tracing and best in class performance to PC gamers worldwide. Now, we’re introducing new GeForce RTX 20-Series SUPER graphics cards, which increase performance by up to 25%, giving you the power...
  6. NVIDIA introduces GeForce GTX 1650 Turing GPUs

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA introduces GeForce GTX 1650 Turing GPUs: Welcome to GeForce GTX PC gaming. NVIDIA today launched worldwide the GeForce GTX 1650, giving you smooth performance on the latest games. With the arrival of the GTX 1650, our acclaimed Turing family of GeForce GTX GPUs now starts at $149. The GTX 1650 is the perfect...
  7. Laptop Shuts down due to CPU Temeprature rise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Shuts down due to CPU Temeprature rise: Dear all, recently i have upgraded my laptop (Acer Aspire 5740G) with a Kingston A400 480GB SSD. I have installed Windows 10 Proffesional version 1803 with all MS updates. I have installed the following Game Dishonored GOTY and when i start the game after a while my CPU...
  8. Nvidia Ends Support for Fermi-based GPUs

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia Ends Support for Fermi-based GPUs: Effective April 2018, Game Ready Driver upgrades, including performance enhancements, new features, and bug fixes, will be available only on Kepler, Maxwell, and Pascal series GPUs. Critical security updates will be available on Fermi series GPUs through January 2019....
  9. Nvidia releases Pascal GPUs for neural networks

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia releases Pascal GPUs for neural networks: Nvidia has launched a pair of GPUs that the chip giant claims are four times faster than last year's offering. The Pascal architecture is continuing to find its way through Nvidia's product line-up, with today marking the introduction of its Tesla P4 and P40 GPUs....
  10. Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there

in Windows 10 News
    Mobile plan pricing: The truth is out there: After almost 27 months, my wife and I are still using Verizon on the same contract where we bought our Samsung Galaxy S4 phones. The phones are showing their age, and I've been looking at alternatives, including just keeping our old phones (not a good idea for the long term)...