Windows 10: Nvidia Updates to combat Attacks??

Discus and support Nvidia Updates to combat Attacks?? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Anybody know the details?? Nvidia Updated Graphics Drivers to Defend Spectre CPU Attacks The Meltdown and Spectre flaws, also known as CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by elbmek, Mar 7, 2018.

1. elbmek Win User

Nvidia Updates to combat Attacks??

Anybody know the details??

Nvidia Updated Graphics Drivers to Defend Spectre CPU Attacks

The Meltdown and Spectre flaws, also known as CPU Speculative Side Channel Vulnerabilities technically, give potential attackers access to users' sensitive data stored in the protected kernel memory. As the leading GPU (graphics processing units) maker, Nvidia stated on its Security Bulletin that it believes its own GPU hardware is immune to the reported CPU flaws. As for its driver software, this company is providing updates to help mitigate this CPU issue. As of Feb.14, Nvidia has updated driver software for GPU products including GeForce, Quadro, NVS, Tesla and GRID for Windows operating system. Users can check the current version of the graphics driver on their computer and then download the latest updates asap.

:)

elbmek, Mar 7, 2018

2. How can i enable My Nvidia GPU in Store Games like Modern Combat 5 on Windows 10

you can change it in:

nvidia control panel > manage 3D settings > Program setting > Add > ...

but when i run the "modern combat 5" on nvidia geforce 525M, it will stop after a few second .

HamedSadeghi1, Mar 7, 2018
  3. Modern combat 5 won't load and closes after seconds of showing the Game Loft trade mark.

Original Title: Modern Combat 5: update

I have updated my modern combat 5: Black out. It won't load and closes after seconds

of showing the Game Loft trade mark.

FrankWilliamsQG, Mar 7, 2018
  4. Nvidia Updates to combat Attacks??

Since virtually no information regards to what they really did to the driver is given in the bulletin, I believe this to be a PR stunt, aimed at making us believe that
    • they are aware of and are addressing the issue
      whilst at the same time
    • assuring us that their hardware is not affected at all 'clarification that GPU hardware is not affected'
    That being said, I have a working theory as to what might have happened
    • Assuming that the Nvidia GPUs are not affected, very few, if any changes were made to driver itself. This would explain why before and after benchmarks show almost no changes in performance
    • The application software that comes with the driver package would have to be re-compiled from source code, using a compiler that has Meldown/Spectre mitigations. For instance using Microsoft Visual C++ a compiler switch like /Qspectre or /d2guardspecload should be used.

Ben Hastings, Mar 7, 2018
Thema:

Nvidia Updates to combat Attacks??

1. Nvidia Updates to combat Attacks?? - Similar Threads - Nvidia Updates combat

2. Combatibility issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combatibility issues: Hello.I notice the last year that many programs has combatibilty issues with win 11 and i can run at all for insatlling.Like qbit torrent.Or other should combatibility with win 8 for running/installing.Why it happens?...
  3. Combatibility issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Combatibility issues: Hello.I notice the last year that many programs has combatibilty issues with win 11 and i can run at all for insatlling.Like qbit torrent.Or other should combatibility with win 8 for running/installing.Why it happens?...
  4. Modern Combat 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern Combat 5: i cant connect to my modern combat account i also dont know how. i contacted gamloft for that but the keep dodging my question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-combat-5/3337e622-e091-4041-8e1f-d9daf293ef51
  5. Modern Combat 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern Combat 5: i cant connect to my modern combat account i also dont know how. i contacted gamloft for that but the keep dodging my question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-combat-5/3337e622-e091-4041-8e1f-d9daf293ef51
  6. Attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Attack: I NEED TO SHUT DOWN MY SCHOOL SERVER. HELP? contact me for I.p address and details lets make it happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/attack/982fa328-11d5-4f29-ab80-a7caccd52143
  7. nvidia video driver is not combat compatible?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nvidia video driver is not combat compatible?: hi guys, having problems with my graphics card driver, first tried to update via geforece expericen, but it said: This nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this windows version? I also checked my windows version is also current (version 1909) and 64bit....
  8. wingman attack 2 does not work with windows 10 and combat flight simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wingman attack 2 does not work with windows 10 and combat flight simulator: I have windows 10 and my wingman attack 2 calibrates with combat flight simulator but when you try and fly with it the joystick doesn't work. When you go into customize controller the joystick doesn't show up just a black window between keyboard and mouse. Also I get the...
  9. Special update, to combat fraud, ransonware, etc.?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Special update, to combat fraud, ransonware, etc.?: Has there been a special update put out, lately, to combat fraud, ransomware, etc.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/special-update-to-combat-fraud-ransonware-etc/44b2ee38-f112-48cf-9775-ec9961030e68
  10. Minecraft 1.9 Combat Update for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Minecraft 1.9 Combat Update for PC: [img] The arrow struck the shield with a impactful “thud!”. Steve peeked around the shield’s edge and saw the arrow was wrapped in a note! Steve excitedly pulled it loose to see what it said… “You’re happy you had that shield, aren’t you?” And yes, Steve was pretty...