Windows 10: Nvidia warns that GPU drivers contains multiple vulnerabilities

Discus and support Nvidia warns that GPU drivers contains multiple vulnerabilities in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Vulnerability details: Security Bulletin: NVIDIA GPU Display driver contains multiple vulnerabilities in the kernel mode layer handler | NVIDIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by blackroseMD1, May 16, 2017.

1. Nvidia warns that GPU drivers contains multiple vulnerabilities

Vulnerability details: Security Bulletin: NVIDIA GPU Display driver contains multiple vulnerabilities in the kernel mode layer handler | NVIDIA

Looks like it's time to make sure your GPU drivers are updated.

:)

blackroseMD1, May 16, 2017
  2. ZIOLandi Win User

I can't seem to resolve an error - Kernel Security Check Error.

Thanks for the help.

I went to the Nvidia forums and found that multiple people have had this issue come up due to the latest drivers released across multiple GPUs.

The suggestion there was to install an older driver for the device and I did so. That seems to have done the job and now everything is in working order. Hopefully NVidia will address the issue soon.

Thanks again for all your help!

ZIOLandi, May 16, 2017
  3. windows 10 creators update problems on boot

After some clean installs and upgrades and downgrades i saw that scanning and repairing drive is a problem when i install creators update on my ssd(samsung).it doesnt seem to be a problem with my ssd cause when i install anniversary update this issue doesnt
    occur.so untill now i installed my os on my hdd and i have my ssd us secondary driver.that solved my problem but microsoft should really take care of this.an ssd is better for os.and plus nvidia and microsoft should take care of its graphics drivers.

They killed geforce.mouse should move in order to be seen(no other issue)and many times gpu it doesnt start(a solution is to restart "nvidia container" through task manager.but after a reboot or resign same issue.maybe its a problem with multiple user accounts).also
    through windows update gpu drivers auto downloads 2 different versions of them(1 of March,1 of May)and installs them both..however if u roll back to the previous version(March)Nvidia high definition audio driver it doesnt seem installed as software(only seen
    on device manager,not through control panel).

But even geforce drivers of its official site dont do better.even them seems to install 2 versions of drivers(i uninstalled completely previous drivers and then installed newest geforce drivers.no luck)cause in device manager have a rollback feature.in task
    manager are 2 nvidia containers running that located exactly on the same position.if nvidia control panel isnt seen on context menu and try to open it it doesnt load and in task manager only 1 container seen(there is the tip i mentioned above by restart the
    driver).maybe because there are 2 containers(same name,same position)that seem loaded windows dont respond,maybe cause it seems that 2 different versions are installed(nvidia container 1 of the previous 1 of the newest)or maybe it is expected to have installed
    geforce experience and i dont(which seems bloated,anyway).any way gpu driver issue seems to be nvidia issue cause even in anniversary update if i update to newer graphics drivers same issue occurs.only the drivers version which was downloaded as of December
    seems to work..

So plz fix them..

Scanning and repairing ssd(creators update) and nvidia drivers..

ΑΚΗΣhp, May 16, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

Nvidia warns that GPU drivers contains multiple vulnerabilities

Thanks for the heads up Brian!

This is one reason, for even non-gamers(like me), to keep GeForce Experience installed.
    You won't miss a driver update, which includes security updates.

Cliff S, May 16, 2017
  5. Stephanie Win User
    I use GeForce Experience, Its so much easier then hunting drivers *Smile

Stephanie, May 16, 2017
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Yeah. But nVidia isn't talking about how crappy performance is for newer releases. They are only focused on newest titles and sometimes, they fumble it up. *Party

I have a GTX 1070 and my performance seems to go down the hill everytime I update nVidia drivers. I am currently using Windows Update ones (378.78) that are already worse performers than previous ones. 382.05 are even worse. I am not playing latest games titles mind you.

eLPuSHeR, May 16, 2017
  7. No problem Cliff. Better safe than sorry, for sure.

blackroseMD1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Nvidia warns that GPU drivers contains multiple vulnerabilities

1. Nvidia warns that GPU drivers contains multiple vulnerabilities - Similar Threads - Nvidia warns GPU

2. iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating: I recently switched back to my professional dell laptop from an asus tuf gaming. while i was setting up my dell windows setup asked me for a backup and i mistakenly clicked my asus's backup file. since then it shows that iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver and is not loading,...
  3. iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver, nvidia drivers not updating: I recently switched back to my professional dell laptop from an asus tuf gaming. while i was setting up my dell windows setup asked me for a backup and i mistakenly clicked my asus's backup file. since then it shows that iqvw64e.sys vulnerable driver and is not loading,...
  4. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  5. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  6. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  7. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  8. Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers: New Dell laptop with Windows 10Pro. Laptop has an optional NVidia MX250 GPU. I installed that latest NV drivers. I also went into the Dell control manager system where it looked for updates for drivers. It updated A few drivers incl and update to BIOS but It also seemed to...
  9. Windows 10 installation contains Nvidia driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 installation contains Nvidia driver?: Hi, I just finished a clean install and noticed that a Nvidia driver was installed. I'm not sure if this is standard now but as far as I can remember I always had to install this driver manually. I've erased my entire drive and used a USB stick which I created with Media...
  10. Nvidia container / Nvdisplay.container.exe

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia container / Nvdisplay.container.exe: I got April Creators update on Saturday and by and large very pleased. But as part of the upgrade it auto installed a later driver 382.05 for my 980 ti (I was on 376.xxxx) Everything is ok and games plus 3d mark seem fine. But I noticed a bug. We have several family user...