Windows 10: nvlddmkm.sys BSOD after updating to 372.90 Driver on GTX 980M

Discus and support nvlddmkm.sys BSOD after updating to 372.90 Driver on GTX 980M in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As mentioned in the title, I keep getting that BSOD whenever an application tries to use my GTX 980M. Even DMLog collector triggers it. This is when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by acefire, Sep 21, 2016.

1. acefire Win User

nvlddmkm.sys BSOD after updating to 372.90 Driver on GTX 980M

As mentioned in the title, I keep getting that BSOD whenever an application tries to use my GTX 980M. Even DMLog collector triggers it. This is when I boot with the integrated gpu.

If I boot directly with the 980m, I get weird stuff like in this youtube video: GTX 980M 368.22 Driver Update - YouTube

I made that video. I know it's for an older driver, but the symptoms are exactly the same. Weird artifacts upon boot and a auto reboot shortly after.

I have tried the following:
    1. Clean installing the 372.90 driver (downloaded from Nvidia) after removing my previous driver with DDU.
    2. Updating driver via Geforce Experience

Both also result in the same outcome.

As of now, I'm back on the 365.19 driver. I am keen on updating to 372.90 driver as it is a requirement to play Forza Horizon 3.

Hope someone is able to diagnose my issue.

Thank you.

:)

acefire, Sep 21, 2016

2. BSOD - win32kbase.sys - Cannot Start Windows.

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+135626 )

Device: ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME

BIOS DATE: 10/03/2011

You Not have a newer bios update.

nvlddmkm.sys is a driver components for NVIDIA Graphics Card.

Your BSOD issues is depends on more Outdated components.

2. You Need to Update the Chipset Drivers for your Intel X58 Chipset. (You need to update Chipset Drivers via
    Driver Booster Software). Driver Booster Download

3. You Need to Reinstall the NVIDIA Driver for your GTX 480 Driver Download

If you overclocked something please STOP

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Sep 21, 2016
  3. HDMI port not working after last update.

After the last update for windows 10 I cannot get my HDMI port to work with my monitor. I have a NVIDA GEFORCE GTX 980M(?) 8GB. The VGA cable works with my monitor. I updated the drivers but it did not seem to work....please help. Thanks.

NicholasTucker_Jinx, Sep 21, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

5. acefire Win User
    Do you mean that my graphics card appears as a Microsoft basic display adapter? If so, then yes.

acefire, Sep 24, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    When using DDU, DDU changes the settings of Windows Update one time. This to prevent a driver installation from Windows Update after a reboot to normal mode.

When installing Nvidia drivers you get a package of options to choose from, have you unchecked some of those options as shown in the tutorial I linked in my previous post?

7. acefire Win User
    Yes I have. To be safe, I did the whole process again, this time following the instructions in the link you provided where I uninstalled the stuff manually via control panel.

After reboot, the GPU appears as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (see screenshot).

I then installed the driver. (see screenshots)

After reboot, I launched a game and the blue screen error came out again. As of now, I am back on my previous driver.

acefire, Sep 24, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Please disable fast startup
    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Code: Event[6646]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot Date: 2016-09-22T20:48:05.864 Event ID: 29 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Acefire Description: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000225.[/quote]

9. acefire Win User
    [/quote] Disabled and redid the whole driver cleaning and installation process. Still BSOD on 372.90 whenever something wants to use the GTX 980M.

acefire, Sep 24, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    The error code stays the same (UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M)?

11. acefire Win User
    All my BSODs are SYSTEM_THREAD _EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, saying that nvlddmkm.sys failed.

acefire, Sep 24, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please upload a kernel dump, located in C:\Windows\Memory.dmp, to a 3rd party uploader (dropbox, onedrive, google drive, etc.) and post a share link in your next reply.

13. acefire Win User

acefire, Sep 24, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    What is the support page of Clevo?

15. acefire Win User
    acefire, Sep 24, 2016
Thema:

1. nvlddmkm.sys BSOD after updating to 372.90 Driver on GTX 980M - Similar Threads - nvlddmkm sys BSOD

2. nvlddmkm BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvlddmkm BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms...
  3. nvlddmkm BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvlddmkm BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms...
  4. BSOD after windows update - "cpuz141 x64.sys"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after windows update - "cpuz141 x64.sys": After going through a very long sequence of windows updates on my computer. My computer is now blue screening after 15 seconds of loading in, with a message related to "cpuz141 x64.sys". I see a few months ago this subreddit had complaints about windows updates causing...
  5. Gtx 1050ti new drivers (452.06) BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gtx 1050ti new drivers (452.06) BSOD: Can you guys help regular user.I been getting some BSOD errors since I updated my gpu to version 452.06. I know that problem is driver of my gpu because I tested everything else. First time I got BSOD I was thinking its because of windows, so I reinstalled windows...
  6. BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004: Hello, I have a Asus P5E3 Premium ACPI Bios Revision 003 with a Intel Core 2 Quad CPUQ9450 Yorkfield, LGA775 . the system disk is mounted in sata 0 raid thanks to the system integrated into the motherboard.La carte est équipée d'un kit hyperX 2 x 1 Go de DDR3-SDRAM...
  7. BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004: My friend borrowed me his "old" laptop MSI GS63VR 6RF Stealth Pro to play some games with him mine is too bad. As always I installed new GPU drivers and checked for windows updates and the laptop worked fine. Yesterday I started the last one windows 10 version 2004 and...
  8. BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver

BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver: Hi, I am getting BSODs and the error message it gives is: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(L1C63x64.sys) I believe that is the Qualcomm Atheros Network driver, but mine is up to date to the last Windows8 compatible driver on the Atheros website. This leads me to believe...
  9. GTX 970 hardware or drivers causing BSOD?

GTX 970 hardware or drivers causing BSOD?: Hello - here is my situation: Approx 1 week ago I upgraded from a GTX 770 (had absolutely NO issues, infact I cant remember the last time I saw a BSOD with this PC) Upgraded to a R9 390X card, and sold my 770. Within a day, I started to get random reboots, crashes,...
  10. GTX 780 Win 15063 4K Display Nvlddmkm Error

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 780 Win 15063 4K Display Nvlddmkm Error: Hi all, I have a GTX 780 with dual screens, one being an Asus PB27Q inch 4K. I get tearing, Firefox crashes, Nvlddmkm Error. I'm trying to find the right driver for this type of card and I can't get the finger on it. Any suggestions? Thanks. *Smile 82365
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 980m nvlddmkm