Windows 10: nvlddmkm.sys BSOD

Discus and support nvlddmkm.sys BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I keep getting random BSOD that seem to come whenever they feel like. The main BSOD that annoys me is nvlddmkm.sys as I seem to fix the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PolishNobl3, Dec 2, 2016.

1. nvlddmkm.sys BSOD

Hello,

I keep getting random BSOD that seem to come whenever they feel like. The main BSOD that annoys me is nvlddmkm.sys as I seem to fix the other ones, as for now but input from more experienced people would be good about the other ones.

Every component seems to work as in passes all the tests and allows me to use them

I have read many forums to seek help but nothing worked.

What I tried so far:
    Clean install of Windows 10
    Removing and putting all the hardware together again
    Updating BIOS
    I have tried using DDU to uninstall NVIDIA drivers, and then perform a clean install... no luck

My components (all brand new, bought and built this Tuesday)
    I7 6700k - no overclock
    16GB Corsair Vengence 3200
    Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard
    Asus strix gtx1080 A8G
    Corsair 750w psu

2x8G CorsVengLED DDR4 3200 Red

:)

PolishNobl3, Dec 2, 2016

2. Stopcode

Windows 10 BSOD Nov 30, 2016: stopcode: system thread not handled, What failed- nvlddmkm.sys.

WilliamRBolton, Dec 2, 2016
  3. Tank.1 Win User
    Windows 10 nvlddmkm.sys system thread exception not handled

Upon attempting to install graphic drivers, during the installer I get a BSOD saying nvlddmkm.sys system thread exception not handled. What failed: nvlddmkm.sys, if I point it to the .inf for the driver it will install it, but upon reboot Windows will BSOD
    at the swirling dots and require going into safemode and removing the drivers to be able to get back in normally.

Any ideas what's going on with this?

Mini dump Dropbox - 011618-10890-01.dmp

Tank.1, Dec 2, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

nvlddmkm.sys BSOD

I analysed a few dumpfiles and all blame nvlddmkm.sys.
    So the problem looks gaming related.
    You have already the latest driver.
    But the only older driver i found on your system is ScpVBus.sys
    Driver Description: Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus Driver.

Remove/uninstal this software and see if this stops the BSOD.

lifetec, Dec 3, 2016
  5. Ok I will try that out and message back if I encounter another BSOD or give it some time to see if its solved. Thanks for the input

PolishNobl3, Dec 3, 2016
  6. Well the problem seems to be fixed but now i got a new error;whea_uncorrectable_error

Any idea what the problem of this one is?

PolishNobl3, Dec 3, 2016
  7. lifetec Win User
    The last dumpfile is Code: BugCheck 124, {0, ffffd68284f27028, be000000, 800400} Probably caused by : GenuineIntel WHEA error for a MCA fault[/quote] This could point to hardware problem with your CPU but more often also motherboard software / overclockingcan cause this kind of BSODs.
    Are you using some the Asus Suites software/utulities or are you overclocking your CPU/GPU with other software?

In your driver modules i found:
    AsIO Wed Aug 22 11:54:47 2012 ( belongs to one of the Asus utilities) .
    See if updating any of this software helps or remove/uninstal it.

Also update :
    e1d65x64 Thu Aug 13 11:14:29 2015 Driver Description: Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapter driver
    There is a new driver on your supportpage of your mobo.

lifetec, Dec 3, 2016
  8. nvlddmkm.sys BSOD

No, I am not using any overclocking software and dont have aisuite installed.

Also, I am sure I have the up to date network driver as its the one I originally installed from the asus site.

The system has been running for 7 hours now on idle just downloading Watch Dogs 2 in uplay in the background.

PolishNobl3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

nvlddmkm.sys BSOD

1. nvlddmkm.sys BSOD - Similar Threads - nvlddmkm sys BSOD

2. nvlddmkm BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvlddmkm BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms...
  3. nvlddmkm BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvlddmkm BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms...
  4. BSOD 0x7e nvlddmkm+261f74

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 0x7e nvlddmkm+261f74: My DELL G15 5511 recently reboot unexpectedly frequently and I upload the memory dump.Device: DELL G15 5511RTX3060 + i7 11800H Graphics Driver: NVIDIA GameReady 512.59The dump file is uploading currently.Error log: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194 AMD64...
  5. BSOD 0x7e nvlddmkm+261f74

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD 0x7e nvlddmkm+261f74: My DELL G15 5511 recently reboot unexpectedly frequently and I upload the memory dump.Device: DELL G15 5511RTX3060 + i7 11800H Graphics Driver: NVIDIA GameReady 512.59The dump file is uploading currently.Error log: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194 AMD64...
  6. BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and .cpuz141_x64.sys: Hi guys, Let me first start off by saying I'm not too technical when it comes to the fine details of troubleshooting. This morning I installed a Windows update, upon downloading it and signing in I BSOD'ed and was given the error message ".cpuz141_x64.sys". Every single time...
  7. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  8. BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys: Like many others I am the victim of this, it happens more than once a day. It never happened on windows 8.1. At Toshiba's request, I have back-dated my driver to the one that Windows installs with windows 10. I am hoping this fixes the issue, if not, here's my dump 58971
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...
Tags: