Windows 10: nvlddmkm.sys/dxgkrnl.sys HI DPC latency /Stuttering CPU /USb DISCONNEC

Discus and support nvlddmkm.sys/dxgkrnl.sys HI DPC latency /Stuttering CPU /USb DISCONNEC in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I searched around, and it seems everyone has some version of this problem. But since mine is a little different, and some of those solutions DID NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by DanzoMeteor, May 2, 2016.

1. nvlddmkm.sys/dxgkrnl.sys HI DPC latency /Stuttering CPU /USb DISCONNEC

I searched around, and it seems everyone has some version of this problem. But since mine is a little different, and some of those solutions DID NOT WORK, I'm posting my own problem here.

Problem
    CPU spikes, local and internet video and mp3 player stutter. Internet speed loss/stutter
    Usb DISsconnects and reconnects , causing computer functions to stutter.
    Mouse disconnects permanently and has to be removed and reinserted.
    EDIT: 46,000 NDIS.SYS DPC latency when entering a game like Battlefield 4

nvlddmkm.sys/dxgkrnl.sys HI DPC latency /Stuttering CPU /USb DISCONNEC [​IMG]

All of the bars used to be red to the max, but I did some things to rectify and reduce the latency. BUT the NVIDIA driver still persists to be a big problem.

Things I've done to try to solve the issue:
    -Turned on HIGH performance and turned to CPU Disable on IDLE. I'm not sure if iwant to keep this setting, i like it taking a nap to reduce fan speeds.
    --Ran an XPerf and saved the log.
    Reseated Nvidia card and checked cables /power again.
    -Observed IRQ conflicts. USB and ethernet are all sharing 18. Could not fix, but unsure if this is a problem.
    -Removed Bitdefender, switched to Avira free. Scanned for Rootkit and full scan. Removing Bitdefender got the red bars down, but it's still not good enough, there's still some stutter and the Nvidia is still an issue.
    -Installed Nvidia 361 driver. *FEB 2016.
    -Disabled NVIDIA driver helper service in Services.msc
    -Disabled HD audio from Nvidia (hdmi throughput)
    -Updated to latest 7885 Bios, Updated all MSI support drivers from motherboard and app utilities
    -Updated all drivers inside Device manager
    -Used NVCleaner and installed Nvidia 365.10
    -Removed Killer ethernet driver and installed Qualcomm.
    -DO NOT own a WLAN card on this computer, so no it's not the problem.

What else to try?
    REINSTALL Windows 7. I have heard some people have success in this. BUT if there's a way to avoid that, I will do that instead.
    -Buy an AMD card. Well , I don't have such a wallet for that but I would if that means no more DPC latency!

OH AND THANKS FOR TRYING TO HELP! *Cool

:)

DanzoMeteor, May 2, 2016

2. Extremely high DPC Latency from Directx Graphics Kernel since Anniversary Update.

Same problem here. huge latency to dxgkrnl.sys and nvlddmkm.sys

First removed and then updated _everything_. No change whatsoever. Had no problems prior the update.

EeroForsblom, May 2, 2016
  3. KindBudii Win User
    after windows update, audio lagged/crackling, high latency

edit: I have updated info quite a bit in posts, please check them out

My audio was working before updating windows (update released on Oct 27 apparently). Afterwards, I would get static and popping. Audio would quickly desync from the video. I tried updating sound driver,
    uninstalling and restarting etc.. I did some research and found latencymon to identify which drivers are causing the latency.

The highest on the ISR + DPC count is USBPORT.SYS, dxgkrnl.sys, ataport.sys, and ndis.sys (in that order highest to lowest).

The highest execution column has ndis.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, USBPORT.SYS, in that order.

I really don't know what all this means beyond that these drivers appear to be causing the issues, which didn't occur before I updated windows. I don't know how to fix these issues. Should I simply uninstall
    the updates? (for some reason the PC doesn't have restore state enabled)

Here are the results from the latency monitor test.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONCLUSION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing
    for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS
    updates.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:14:41 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Computer name: BLUE

OS version: Windows 8 , 6.2, build: 9200 (x64)

Hardware: G31M-ES2L, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G31M-S2L

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Logical processors: 2

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 4094 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 30 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO DPC LATENCIES

The interrupt to DPC latency reflects the measured interval in which a DPC could execute in response to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution.

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 22031.007387

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 3.172109

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 42824.5560

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 1.129265

Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 1.247088

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 516845

ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 1444

ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 625

ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 287

ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 22401.0690

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.106002

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.473430

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 1932874

DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 39

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 20

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 7

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted
    and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: chrome.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 1139

Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 302

Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs): 533052.3450

Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 0.624141

Number of processes hit: 16

PER CPU DATA

CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 40.742569

CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 42824.5560

CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 20.478805

CPU 0 ISR count: 498088

CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 22401.0690

CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 7.403874

CPU 0 DPC count: 1876602

CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 3.934074

CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 22121.7420

CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 1.500350

CPU 1 ISR count: 22209

CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 21123.0420

CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.940037

CPU 1 DPC count: 56390

KindBudii, May 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

nvlddmkm.sys/dxgkrnl.sys HI DPC latency /Stuttering CPU /USb DISCONNEC

dalchina, May 3, 2016
  5. Ok, so here we go. The monitor is going nuts.. but the CPU usage in TM isn't crazy at all. However, what is this gonna tell me to fix??

BTW, neither MSI or Nvidia sounded confident over the phone about my issue.
    MSI just kinda agreed and nodded to whatever I said I would do to solve my issue and Nvidia just had me reinstall the driver again which did absolutely nothing.

DanzoMeteor, May 3, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, have you tried what I suggested in the 1st 3 lines of my previous post? (Page faults) - addresses your LatencyMon report, 1st screenshot.

Also Win 7 driver..

Did MSI confirm your rig is Win 10 compatible?

Your last screenshot appears to confirm what you suspected.. driver interrupt contention.

Do you have any conflicts shown in Device Manager (View resource by connection)?

I can only suggest things that might point you in the right direction...

Fyi:
    Analyzing Interrupt and DPC Activity

and Xperf from MS might be a way to go.

dalchina, May 3, 2016
  7. 1. MSI on the phone confirmed my whole system is Win 10 ready. I have both an NVIDIA gpu and Graphics. They are very modern and were built during win 10 development.

2. I viewed on other pages in google that IRQs are not the same problem as in the past and we have only 15 IRQs, so many will be shared. At the moment, the USB and Ethernet share the same 18 IRQ (both on the MSI motherboard). Anyways, i uninstalled them all and rebooted and they both returned to 18. There's really no way to change IRQs in windows 10.

3. I have tried all of those things above, but they are really not up my alley in understanding.. It's not a language i really know. Anyways, both Firefox and Opera cause high page faults. But so does my computer going idle overnight. I have tried the process explorer here, but it really doesn't tell me anything. I did post the results here and above. Btw, yes I used a driver from back in early 2015, but that still didn't solve anything (353.xx)

DanzoMeteor, May 3, 2016
  8. iamc3k Win User

If this is a bizarre driver issue, you may want to try a freeware program called DDU. Then reinstall your driver from an updated download.

DDU has resolved issues for me, in the past.

Ken

Oops. Just reread your post. I misread it as an nvidia driver issue. A few review sites discuss this dpc latency issue. A mobo freq is mis-set in bios. A minor tweak ( ring voltage?) may be needed, as well as a bios update. Details escape me, but there was a lot of discussion on this and digging before the cause was found. Try Hardforum.com

Edited to add a link: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 DPC Latency Issue | [H]ard|Forum

iamc3k, May 4, 2016
  9. Thanks for replying
    - I did use DDU actually to clean out drivers.
    -I'm using the default 125 multiplier in BIOS for the motherboard. It's actually 125.03 but I can't change it seems. Ring voltage is set to autio.
    -BIOS is updated to latest version.
    -Hardforum article on DPC latency didn't solve my issues.

Lot's of strange CPU spikes here, but I haven't noticed any audio dropouts when running 4x 4k Videos on my PC. What is really bothersome is the USB disconnects though! Even without any browser open, the spikes look very similar.

OTHER:
    I checked my other 2 laptops, one is my mother's but she barely uses it except to check the lottery...lol . It's brand new and really bare with no software on it. My own laptop uses onboard video but it has ndis.sys and other high dpc latency.

So both of them have high DPC latency. I think the issue is Windows 10. The hardware /software is just bare minimum on that laptop but it still has latency issues.

Currently in touch with Nvidia, they wanted my CPU Z and GPU Z log stats

DanzoMeteor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. nvlddmkm.sys/dxgkrnl.sys HI DPC latency /Stuttering CPU /USb DISCONNEC - Similar Threads - nvlddmkm sys dxgkrnl

2. high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys: I run my laptop for real-time audio processing, but after many optimizations I still get glitches, culprit drivers are :1- wdf01000.sys2- ntoskrnl.exe3- rspll64.sysAll 3 above drivers have very high dpc latency which is affecting the operation of my audio software.What can I...
  3. DPC Latency caused by wdf010000.sys... cannot use for audio production

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC Latency caused by wdf010000.sys... cannot use for audio production: I have a new laptop that I wish to use as a Digital Audio Workstation home music studio. 2020 HP Spectre x360 laptop with 11 gen i7 processor, SSD, 16gb ram I'm also using a Tascam US 4x4 audio interface and Calkewalk. The system is having a great deal of difficulty...
  4. DPC latency stutter in games

DPC latency stutter in games: Hi, So i started noticing random video stutter sometimes audio stutters aswell in games since beginning of january 2021 and i have tried many things to figure out what causes the problem. This is what i have tried so far: - reinstalled windows - turned off/on v-sync/G-sync...
  5. DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.

DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.: Hi, I'm looking for a fix for this windows latency issue. I am experiencing high latency and interrupts due to windows drivers specifically "wdf01000.sys, kernal mode driver framework runtime." You can see this from the screenshot of the latency monitor check. [IMG]...
  6. Wdf01000.sys latency probelm

Wdf01000.sys latency probelm: Hi, I have a self-built PC Ryzen 5 1600, 8 Gb Ram, Radeon RX 470, 256Gb NVMe SSD on which Windows 10 Education Edition is running, 2 TB HDD for data storing and use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen as my USB sound card for Audio Recording, Mixing and Mastering. I searched...
  7. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  8. DPC latency diagnosis - nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, wdf0100.sys etc

DPC latency diagnosis - nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, wdf0100.sys etc: Hi there, Need a little guidance around how to use Windows Performance Analyzer to diagnose my DPC latency issues. I've run the recorder, but unsure which items to "graph" and then drill down to. I've seen screenshots from others posted here which show apps and their...
  9. Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys

Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys: I've been having an issue with my sound were it starts stuttering after some time for no reason. I've downloaded LatencyMon and it showed me that wdf01000.sys goes over 50ms after a couple of hours while ACPI.sys can go higher than 1ms. They both got high DPC with wdf driver...
  10. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys: I have recently added a new mixer (Presonus Studio Live 16 Series III) to my studio and started having some major issues. It wouldn't be read by the Presonus Studio One 3 DAW. I asked Presonus for help and they asked me to give them a LatencyMon report. The report plainly...