Windows 10: NVMe Performance

Discus and support NVMe Performance in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Crystal Disk Mark was never good with SSD drives. This one AS SSD Benchmark 2.0.6485 Download - TechSpot and Samsung Magician are more valuable. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CountMike, Apr 5, 2018.

1. CountMike New Member

NVMe Performance

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
  2. swarfega Win User

Hi Guys.

I just did a run with Crystal Disk Mark, the first in ages and this is what I got.

NVMe Performance [​IMG]

NVMe Performance [​IMG]

NVMe Performance [​IMG]

The first one is the one I just did. What I'm really interested in is the 4Kb test on the second row compared with the two older runs. Thats an incredible difference. I wonder if its a newer driver thats making the difference. The older tests are a year or more old.

:)

swarfega, Apr 26, 2018
  3. PCMK99 Win User
    Windows 10 Fall Creators update failing - keeps restoring previous version of windows

Does the update contain an NVME driver for NVME SSD's ???? If not how can it work ?

PCMK99, Apr 26, 2018
  4. NVMe Performance

SCSI to NVME Translation

Just to rephrase the question again, I want to know how a namespace Identifier is set via SCSI Command whenever we use SCSI-NVME Translation approach to send Commands to NVME Drive. The SCSI-NVME Translation
    Spec that I am using does not talk about how NameSpace Identifier is set in CDB. Namespace Identifier is an important field in NVME Command Structure.

RaviKumar2000, Apr 26, 2018
  5. That's some fast speed on the read and writes. Are you also running the latest BIOS?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

NVMe Performance

1. NVMe Performance - Similar Threads - NVMe Performance

2. NVME Not showing up after bitlocker performed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVME Not showing up after bitlocker performed: Hi,I am having problem with NVME disk, I applied bitlocker to the disk and while the process was running pc got stuck a bit and then once it was released. I am unable to see the drive in my computerunable to see the disk under the device manager and neither in the bios drive...
  3. NVME Not showing up after bitlocker performed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVME Not showing up after bitlocker performed: Hi,I am having problem with NVME disk, I applied bitlocker to the disk and while the process was running pc got stuck a bit and then once it was released. I am unable to see the drive in my computerunable to see the disk under the device manager and neither in the bios drive...
  4. Slow NVME SSD performance after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow NVME SSD performance after update: Hi there.Couple weeks ago I've updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.Recently I've noticed, that everything is "HDD-slow" on my relatively fresh laptop - long boot times, wake from sleep stucks for 10+ seconds on lockscreen, unusually slow in file explorer and while loading...
  5. Slow NVME SSD performance after update

Slow NVME SSD performance after update: Hi there.Couple weeks ago I've updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.Recently I've noticed, that everything is "HDD-slow" on my relatively fresh laptop - long boot times, wake from sleep stucks for 10+ seconds on lockscreen, unusually slow in file explorer and while loading...
  6. Why dos Bitlocker destroy NVMe SSD performance for me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why dos Bitlocker destroy NVMe SSD performance for me?: Hi,I have a faily powerful machine i7-11800H, 64GB RAM with a Samsung 980 Pro 2TB latest Firmware running on Windows 11 Pro 21H2. I decided to enable Bitlocker and found out that it drastically cuts performance. Now I am aware that even with AES-NI, some performance loss is...
  7. Why dos Bitlocker destroy NVMe SSD performance for me?

Why dos Bitlocker destroy NVMe SSD performance for me?: Hi,I have a faily powerful machine i7-11800H, 64GB RAM with a Samsung 980 Pro 2TB latest Firmware running on Windows 11 Pro 21H2. I decided to enable Bitlocker and found out that it drastically cuts performance. Now I am aware that even with AES-NI, some performance loss is...
  8. nvme ssd slow performance after upgrade to windows 11 on intel based processors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvme ssd slow performance after upgrade to windows 11 on intel based processors: KB5007262 I am told is fix for AMD and ARM processors. I could find no version available for download in Microsoft Update Catalog for Intel based 64 bit processors . Is there a different update available for Intel?...
  9. nvme ssd slow performance after upgrade to windows 11 on intel based processors

nvme ssd slow performance after upgrade to windows 11 on intel based processors: KB5007262 I am told is fix for AMD and ARM processors. I could find no version available for download in Microsoft Update Catalog for Intel based 64 bit processors . Is there a different update available for Intel?...
  10. Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden dramatic drop in NVMe performance: Hi Community,I have the following setup: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, Build 19042.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0, MEG X570S ACE MAX + Ryzen 9 5950X, 32GB of TridentZ Royal DD4 F4-4000C15D-16GTRG and two NVMe's: 1TB Samsung 980 Pro installed in PCIE_1 CPU and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SCSI-NVME translation does not allow setting a namespace identifier field in its CDB