Windows 10: O&O ShutUp10 & Malwarebytes Premium Updates

Discus and support O&O ShutUp10 & Malwarebytes Premium Updates in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm using O&O ShutUp10 to control some Win10 privacy settings. I am using the recommended settings. I noticed it is preventing Malwarebytes from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dugly, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Dugly Win User

O&O ShutUp10 & Malwarebytes Premium Updates

I'm using O&O ShutUp10 to control some Win10 privacy settings. I am using the recommended settings. I noticed it is preventing Malwarebytes from updating. When I revert OOSU10 to factory default, i.e. no changes to the default Win10 environment, Malwarebytes updates fine. Running MWB as administrator doesn't make a difference. Does anyone know which setting is causing this?

:)

Dugly, Oct 29, 2017

2. Can't Install Microsoft Jigsaw

What is "O&O ShutUp10"?

Jethrobones, Oct 29, 2017
  3. Cjm0094 Win User
    Can't Install Microsoft Jigsaw

So it ended up being because I had "O&O ShutUp10" installed. Updated it and it worked

Cjm0094, Oct 29, 2017
  4. M4v3r1ck Win User

Could it be that Microsoft has been on the quest to shut up ShutUp10 itself? Perhaps that's the issue...

Cheers

M4v3r1ck, Oct 29, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    @Dugly

Wild guess, because I'm not familiar with ShutUp10, if the setting below is on in MBAM, there may be a conflict.

O&O ShutUp10 & Malwarebytes Premium Updates [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Oct 29, 2017
  6. I do not use those Anti Spy Programs, they are all BS.

Josey Wales, Oct 29, 2017
  7. SIW2 Win User
  8. Dugly Win User

Thanks - I'll give that a try.

Dugly, Oct 30, 2017
  9. Dugly Win User
    O&O is not "On" It's used to adjust settings, then it's closed.

Dugly, Oct 30, 2017
  10. Dugly Win User
    It seems it was the Fall Creators Update that is the cause. Enabling MBAM through the firewall solves the issue.

Dugly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. O&O ShutUp10 & Malwarebytes Premium Updates - Similar Threads - O&O ShutUp10 Malwarebytes

2. O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1421 safe and clean to install?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1421 safe and clean to install?: Hello, Windows 10 Home 21H1 B19043.1055 O&O ShutUp10 1.8.142 Sha256: bcdc6b364da6986d50dd025aacc3c0c76ada16657b829406cee67b4e6f16b89a I scan @VT OOSU10.exe and there is a lot of detection and rule set that does not look good for me is the OOSU10.exe or the portable safe and...
  3. Adjusting privacy and security settings - O&O ShutUp10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adjusting privacy and security settings - O&O ShutUp10: I'm a user of both Windows and Linux (in recent years mostly the latter). I have recently upgraded a couple of my systems from the now EOL Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. I like to think I am conscientious about privacy and security without being obsessive or paranoid. I get the...
  4. O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly: I would do ANYTHING at this point to disable Automatic Windows Updates. I have no idea how to do so, and clearly this program is not the answer. I have turned off the option for a Windows Update frequently within O&O Shutup10, but a few days pass and I get the unavoidable...
  5. Used o&o ShutUp10 and now spotify says offline

Used o&o ShutUp10 and now spotify says offline: So I used O&O ShutUp10 as I care about privacy a little, and windows can’t even phone home to the server that changes the Ethernet icon to show internet connectivity. The issue is Spotify seems to use that like marker as a way to tell if it can connect to the internet, and...
  6. Turning on Windows Defender after using O&O ShutUp10

Turning on Windows Defender after using O&O ShutUp10: Hello, I used to use Avast as my antivirus, but got tired of it so I wanted to go back to using Windows Defender. I had disabled Defender using O&O ShutUp10 to avoid conflicts between the two. Alongside an antivirus software I use Malwarebytes. I uninstalled Avast using its...
  7. O&O Shutup10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    O&O Shutup10: Hello all. Has anyone used O&O Shutup10 for Win 10 security enhancement? (1909) Thanks. 149061
  8. O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features

in Windows 10 News
    O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features: O&O, the developers behind the privacy tool O&O ShutUp10 for Windows 10, released a new version of the program yesterday. O&O ShutUp10 1.7 introduces the new Activity History and Clipboard group to the program to provide its users with activity and clipboard privacy...
  9. O & O shutup10 data mining disabler

O & O shutup10 data mining disabler: . OO ShutUp10 - Do not use Windows 10 without it! | NotebookReview hope that's ok putting the link in quotes....O&O produce a free, portable app that allows the data mining properties of Windows 10 to be disabled .... wondered ed if anyone had any experience of this.....
  10. O&O Shutup10 - privacy freeware

O&O Shutup10 - privacy freeware: OO ShutUp10: download free antispy tool for Windows 10 95837