Windows 10: o&o vs piriform

Discus and support o&o vs piriform in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Who makes the better desktop solutions overall? I'm thinking of getting a suite of software as a xmas gift to someone, from one of these two. Question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vgchat, Dec 4, 2015.

1. vgchat Win User

o&o vs piriform

Who makes the better desktop solutions overall? I'm thinking of getting a suite of software as a xmas gift to someone, from one of these two. Question is, they make pretty similar software from the looks of it, but who's performs better?

:)

vgchat, Dec 4, 2015
  2. wmblaney1 Win User

Windows 10

Can anyone explain the differences between:

o Establishing a new administrative account vs. changing the existing standard account to administrator?

o An account linked to my email address in Windows support vs. a local account not linked?

o My Windows 10 accounts vs. my former Windows 7 account?

o Being able to perform administrative functions in all situations except one: authenticating a purchased software trial version to become a purchased version, where the authentication function returns an error saying I need to be logged on as administrator
    although I already am.

o The software publisher's help desk asking the user to contact Microsoft, vs. the publisher working more closely with Microsoft.

wmblaney1, Dec 4, 2015
  3. SSD cannot be trimmed after Windows Anniversary Update.

Is there an option in O & O Defrag that enable to elect to replace Disk Defragmenter with O & O Defrag. The option exists with Defraggler but I have chosen to have both enabled.

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 4, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

o&o vs piriform

Between the 2 options given, I would say Piriform. I don't personally trust O&O.

badrobot, Dec 4, 2015
  5. z3r010 Win User
    It's not just me then *Zip

z3r010, Dec 4, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    My personal impression of O&O is a "malware injector". *Eek

badrobot, Dec 4, 2015
  7. vgchat Win User
    Now, is that just trash talk or is there some truth to it?

vgchat, Dec 4, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

o&o vs piriform

Are you asking for opinion or starting an argument? I answered your question based on personal experience with O&O DiskImage software. That's all I can say. Cheers!

badrobot, Dec 4, 2015
  9. vgchat Win User
    I'm asking as an opinion since it seems to rate highly & classifying it as malware? I've read in other sites that it tries to install other o&o trial programs but I'm just curious if you called it malware out of spite or if there are actual cases of computers becoming infected with an actual virus due to o&o products.

vgchat, Dec 4, 2015
  10. badrobot Win User
    Well, I apologize for being harsh in using the word "malware", but a program that installs programs in your computer without the approval of the PC owner is something that I consider to be a real bad software. I am not sure if it is indeed a virus but I can tell you that it slowed down my PC and I can't shut it down without doing a hard reset after installing the DiskImage software.

badrobot, Dec 4, 2015
  11. Berton Win User
    Based upon that, which I agree with, I'd consider AVG with its ZEN add-on and McAfee with its free 'Internet Security' [that I've seen come with a lot of new computers] as the same. Both of those add-ons may work fine but AVG gives no option to not install ZEN, have to go to Programs and Features later on to do remove it, not a big problem as it just takes some time and usually a reboot.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

o&o vs piriform

1. o&o vs piriform - Similar Threads - o&o piriform

2. Por que o mouse não responde?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Por que o mouse não responde?: HelloI'm trying to connect my mouse to my notebook without success. I've updated the drivers, restarted and nothing worked.From what I've seen of the drivers, it says they are working correctly and the computer notifies you, but it still doesn't work. The mouse brand is from...
  3. Por que o mouse não responde?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Por que o mouse não responde?: HelloI'm trying to connect my mouse to my notebook without success. I've updated the drivers, restarted and nothing worked.From what I've seen of the drivers, it says they are working correctly and the computer notifies you, but it still doesn't work. The mouse brand is from...
  4. porque no puedo ver el activar o desactivar las caracteristicas de windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    porque no puedo ver el activar o desactivar las caracteristicas de windows?: Al momento de ingresar a la pestaña de Activar o Desactivar las caracteristicas de windows, me aparece en blanco, y esto me genera problemas al querer instalar un programa. Muestro captura de como se ve....
  5. porque no puedo ver el activar o desactivar las caracteristicas de windows?

porque no puedo ver el activar o desactivar las caracteristicas de windows?: Al momento de ingresar a la pestaña de Activar o Desactivar las caracteristicas de windows, me aparece en blanco, y esto me genera problemas al querer instalar un programa. Muestro captura de como se ve....
  6. Am cumpărat o cheie de activare pentru Minecraft și l-am cumpărat de pe Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am cumpărat o cheie de activare pentru Minecraft și l-am cumpărat de pe Microsoft...: De ce nu se deschide? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-cump%C4%83rat-o-cheie-de-activare-pentru/d212b38a-5f60-4493-9a6f-d88932290813
  7. Am cumpărat o cheie de activare pentru Minecraft și l-am cumpărat de pe Microsoft...

Am cumpărat o cheie de activare pentru Minecraft și l-am cumpărat de pe Microsoft...: De ce nu se deschide? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/am-cump%C4%83rat-o-cheie-de-activare-pentru/d212b38a-5f60-4493-9a6f-d88932290813
  8. O aplicativo fotos do windows 10 não esta mais funcionando

in Windows 10 Gaming
    O aplicativo fotos do windows 10 não esta mais funcionando: eu nao sei quando exatamente isso aconteceu, ams foi depois de alguma atualização do windows, o aplicativo fotos da microsoft abre, porém ele nao mostra o preview das fotos e quando clico nelas nada acontece, porém se eu clico para abrir de uma pasta e nao dentro do...
  9. O aplicativo fotos do windows 10 não esta mais funcionando

O aplicativo fotos do windows 10 não esta mais funcionando: eu nao sei quando exatamente isso aconteceu, ams foi depois de alguma atualização do windows, o aplicativo fotos da microsoft abre, porém ele nao mostra o preview das fotos e quando clico nelas nada acontece, porém se eu clico para abrir de uma pasta e nao dentro do...
  10. How to delete o change Notepad shortcut Ctrl + Shift Right-to-left reading order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete o change Notepad shortcut Ctrl + Shift Right-to-left reading order?: I use a lot the keys ctrl + shift + left / right arrow, and sometimes a lot I just press ctrl + shift and it change to the Right-to-left reading order and pressing again the shortcut don't disable the Right-to-left reading order option, so I have to right click and disable...