Windows 10: Object Disconnected from clients

Discus and support Object Disconnected from clients in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a laptop second hand earlier tonight. It had a clean installation of Win10. I moved my personal files (pictures, music, etc) from my PC using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jenlyn2600, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Object Disconnected from clients

I bought a laptop second hand earlier tonight. It had a clean installation of Win10. I moved my personal files (pictures, music, etc) from my PC using a USB drive.
    After moving everything from the external, I tried to open an mp3 and got the error message "(file path) The object invoked has disconnected from its clients."
    If i right click the file and send it to Media Player that way it will play fine.
    Googling got me no where. Apparently the error is mainly associated with 8.1 logon issues and vb/script errors.
    The files open fine on my other computer and from the external.
    So, what gives y'all?

:)

jenlyn2600, Nov 15, 2016
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Object invoked has disconnected from its clients

Hi, Chloe.

When this error appeared, this might mean that there was an error on the system. To help you resolve the issue, we suggest referring on this article with similar error message that we've found on Microsoft TechNet Forum:
    Automation
    error: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients (Office).
    You can also post your query on the link so IT professionals can look into it to give you further assistance.

Feel free to post back if you have any other concerns.

Anne Ros, Nov 15, 2016
  3. Object invoked has disconnected from its clients

when i open any file on my laptop for example music or pictures it comes up with 'the object invoked has disconnected from its client' what can i do? precious family photos etc on there!!

ChloeLouie, Nov 15, 2016
Thema:

Object Disconnected from clients

1. Object Disconnected from clients - Similar Threads - Object Disconnected clients

2. 0x802A0002, Shutdown was already called on this object or the object that owns it

in Windows 10 News
    0x802A0002, Shutdown was already called on this object or the object that owns it: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you see Error 0x802A0002, Shutdown was already called on this object or the object that owns it error while copying a file or folder on Windows 10/8/7, here is a simple solution to fix the issue. This particular error [...] This post 0x802A0002, Shutdown...
  3. Delete objects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete objects: I delete my minecraft and all the world are cleared. But I continue to have the objects, How I can delete all the objects for have new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-objects/52d625f0-ff74-4251-a889-8f4283a9cd9c
  4. selecting objects

selecting objects: in windows 10 laptop, objects e.g. desktop icons, chunks of text in word processing, are being selected, moved, deleted as pointer hovers over them. how do I select ONLY by left button click?...
  5. moving objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moving objects: how do bring an object forward in the 3d paint application? i.e. if it is an eyeball but it iks positioned behind the head instead of in front of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-objects/6e0ca4f6-0268-431d-8361-ed7486853032
  6. "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object".: Hello, The problem appears in Visual Studio, that when I try to create a new Project, it always drops the message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I have uninstalled and installed Visual Studio, multiple times, but the problem appears always. Also, I...
  7. 3D objects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D objects: I tried to get rid of the 3D objects folder that appeared on my computer, but I combined it with my documents. Now I have two sections that say documents and have all my documents. When I delete one folder from one, it deletes it from the other. I just want the document...
  8. Disconnecting from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disconnecting from the internet: Please Help! Whenever I am using my laptop my computer disconnects from the internet and then i have to restart my laptop to fix it. when I troubleshoot it says that it has a problem with the internet driver. Please help. I tried calling Microsoft support but it says an...
  9. "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "object reference not set to an instance of an object": Hi guys, I'm trying to download some you tube songs...I updated to the new version (4.1.509) & I get this message. I did the same with win7 & it worked fine. Can some body please advise? 51766
  10. remove 3d objects from users folder

in Windows 10 Support
    remove 3d objects from users folder: Hi brink .how do I remove 3d objects from users folder [img] 97807