Windows 10: Obscure integrated graphics problem, first time builder

Discus and support Obscure integrated graphics problem, first time builder in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I need help for my new build. From a fresh install of windows 10 I'm trying to install the driver for my CPU integrated graphics Intel HD 530. Each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by videotdr, Jul 14, 2016.

1. videotdr Win User

Obscure integrated graphics problem, first time builder

I need help for my new build.

From a fresh install of windows 10 I'm trying to install the driver for my CPU integrated graphics Intel HD 530. Each time I do that I get a BSOD with this message:

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys

I've tried drivers from everywhere. From the motherboard manufacturer CD, website and Intel and some auto-detect driver software. I've tried to rollback to older versions of Intel drivers from the Intel website I always get the same behavior:

The screen starts blinking several time(black screen lit to completely off, back and forth) on every restart after attempting to update the drivers. This also happens when I disable/enable the integrated graphics. After a minute or so of the screen going on and off the BSOD screen shows and the computer shuts down. Even the integrated graphics driver downloaded by windows update have the same impact. I've managed to get the drivers updated after much trial and error but I still have the issue of never being able to restart and when I try to use the auto-detect software it recommends I install the version of the driver I already have.

The weirdest thing about the problem for me is that I can turn the computer on and off fine as if there's nothing wrong but no matter what, on restart, when the computer screen gets to the spinning Windows 10 dots the computer proceeds to turn off, turn back on and off until the BSOD screen.

I'm thinking it's a faulty CPU or motherboard or the combination between the two. In any case I'm extremely stuck.

I really need some help here, I'm desperate!

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

:)

videotdr, Jul 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 Booting into Black Screen with Cursor/Beeping Noise

Thank you for the reply,

I have run all troubleshooters relating to the issue including Startup Repair and Memory checks, they conclude stating everything is normal.

It seems that the problem is possibly related to my integrated AMD graphics card and how it interacts with my integrated Intel graphics upon startup. I was able to restart for the first time without the black screen affecting me by Turning off FastStart
    under power options and Turning off Ultra Low Power State for my AMD graphics card in the registry.

For now the problem is not present however I have the feeling it will persist in time.

Will update this thread if the problem occurs again.

SeSSioN_5K, Jul 14, 2016
  3. RCL24 Win User
    Has any one found an Intel HD Graphics Driver that will function with a Windows 10, 32bit Lap top.

I have problems viewing objects in the 3D Builder since the Windows 10 1511 update.

My conclusion is that it is related to the fact that my Dell Vostro 3500 is a 32bit laptop, and I have been unable to find an update Intel HD Graphics Driver that is suitable for a 32bit system and Windows 10.

I have deleted the current driver in case it had got corrupted and the laptop has reinstalled latest driver, but this is actually the same version of driver.

Note, I did not have 3D builder before the first upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but it did function OK with visible objects after Windows 10 was installed until the update to 1511 last month., and I did try to get an answer via Microsoft Chat, but
    they were unable to find a solution.

It is only 3D Builder I appear to have problems with. All the other programs I use seem to function OK. When I deleted the Intel HD graphics driver and the laptop functioned temporarily on a basic graphics driver, I did a quick check and found that objects
    on the 3D Builder were visible, but as soon as the Laptop re-installed the Intel HD Graphics driver they disappeared again.

I tried installing a 32bit Intel HD Graphics driver said to be OK for Windows 8, but that would not install.

So I appear to be looking for an Intel HD Graphics driver for Windows 10 32bit operating system, but Intel do not as yet seem to have one on their site.

As I say it only appears to be 3D Builder that is being effected, and it does not warrant looking to change laptops just for that!

In truth I can live without 3D Builder if necessary, but I wonder if other programs are updated they may suffer in the same way at some point in future.

Any one know a solution?

Note: I selected the "Games" App Category on this website as I believe this is what Microsoft deem it to be.

RCL24, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

I don't know about the Intel 530 , but I would suggest trying a Videocard from a friend if you don't have another to try 1st and see if that has issues too .

Do you have latest Bios on the Motherboard?

Not that it can't be a faulty CPU , I just RMA'd my 5820K for eg , but you are going to need to do a bunch of testing 1st to prove it's bad...

Kbird, Jul 18, 2016
  5. Have you physically checked your motherboard for any damages? The pins on the socket maybe moved a little.

RoasterMen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Obscure integrated graphics problem, first time builder - Similar Threads - Obscure integrated graphics

2. use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time: can I use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time? Cand I used HDMI on dedicated graphics card for monitor, then use the integrated HDMI for another devices? monitor or soundbar ? will both work ?my motherboard show Supports AMD Multi-GPU. my CPU has intel...
  3. use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time: can I use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time? Cand I used HDMI on dedicated graphics card for monitor, then use the integrated HDMI for another devices? monitor or soundbar ? will both work ?my motherboard show Supports AMD Multi-GPU. my CPU has intel...
  4. use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time: can I use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time? I have i7-13700k, CPU with Intel® UHD Graphics 770, if I buy intel arc a750, can I enable both? Cand I used HDMI on graphics card for monitor, then use the integrated HDMI on another devices? monitor or soundbar ?...
  5. use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time

use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time: can I use both integrated and dedicated graphics at same time? I have i7-13700k, CPU with Intel® UHD Graphics 770, if I buy intel arc a750, can I enable both? Cand I used HDMI on graphics card for monitor, then use the integrated HDMI on another devices? monitor or soundbar ?...
  6. Problems with 3D Builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with 3D Builder: Hi - I have been using 3D Builder as a default app to open .stl files for a long time. About a week or so ago, the app stopped opening files if they were in any Folder. If .stl file was on my Desktop, it would open it. No matter what Folder I put file in, it won't open....
  7. Problems with 3D Builder

Problems with 3D Builder: Hi - I have been using 3D Builder as a default app to open .stl files for a long time. About a week or so ago, the app stopped opening files if they were in any Folder. If .stl file was on my Desktop, it would open it. No matter what Folder I put file in, it won't open....
  8. problem regarding First time Windows activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem regarding First time Windows activation: I bought Windows and installed on my new PC, entered the product key while installation. After installation, These error messages are shown in' Activate' settings Page. It shows "We can’t activate Windows on this device because you don’t have a valid digital license or...
  9. Integrated graphics and dedicated graphics working together?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Integrated graphics and dedicated graphics working together?: Hi, hello, stupid question I know but I was wondering whether it is possible to make your integrated CPU graphics and GPU dedicated graphics to work together and maybe get extra performance? Is it possible or is it just stupid? submitted by /u/FatalYT [link] [comments]...
  10. Obscure Fullscreen problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Obscure Fullscreen problem: I’m on Win 10 pro on a home-built PC and I started having a very odd issue with what I believe to be Win 10. I’ve had the same hardware and OS set up since about October of last year and this issue only started to arise within the past couple weeks. — TL;DR: After a few...