Windows 10: Occasional BSOD, perhaps due to msata bootdrive formatting

Discus and support Occasional BSOD, perhaps due to msata bootdrive formatting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I recently bought a laptop Lenovo T550 with installed Windows 8.1. For few weeks, everything worked smoothly, even after I upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GGraziano, Aug 30, 2015.

1. GGraziano Win User

Occasional BSOD, perhaps due to msata bootdrive formatting

Hi everyone.

I recently bought a laptop Lenovo T550 with installed Windows 8.1. For few weeks, everything worked smoothly, even after I upgraded the hdd to ssd. However, when I freshly installed Windows 10 Pro, I formatted the msata that had until then being set up as bootdrive.

Following that, every week or so I get a BSOD with no description of the error but "bad pool header".

I believe the issue resides in the msata setup because that is the only thing that changed from the setup prior to windows 10.

I attach the debug file as per instructions.

I would be very grateful if you guys could help me out. Thank you!

:)

GGraziano, Aug 30, 2015

2. Desktop locked in reboot loop - error 0xC000021A, automated tools nonfunctional, cannot install from USB

At the suggestion of a friend, I first tried using diskpart to reformat the SSD from CMD, and then used the USB bootdrive to run a clean windows install. That, unlike the bootstick's GUI format option, actually formated the drive,
    and the re-install then worked fine.

diskpart

select disk ?

clean

convert gpt

Thanks for your help Riley.

Brit-in-the-US, Aug 30, 2015
  3. MadTom Win User
    Dell XPS 8500 upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Hi

I removed the 32GB mSATA that was used as a cache.

I installed the Samsung SSD in the mSATA slot as my C: drive and made the 3TB disk my D: drive.

The 32GB mSATA is sat in an external USB to mSATA drive bay.

Regards

MadTom, Aug 30, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi GGraziano,

I see you have used the program KMSpico to activate Windows without a license.
    Most of the analysts won't help someone who has a counterfeit copy of windows due to the heavily modified code in windows that causes problems with the systems. Because of the modified code it is really hard to determine what really is the cause.

Please install a valid copy of windows, then I'll gladly help you.

Thema:

1. Occasional BSOD, perhaps due to msata bootdrive formatting - Similar Threads - Occasional BSOD perhaps

2. Laptop BSOD's perhaps driver error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop BSOD's perhaps driver error?: my brand new laptop has been crashing with “Memory_Management” “irql_not_less_or_equal” “System_Service_Exception” and many more other critical errors. i updated CPU and GPU drivers but i think the RAM or SSD is the issue. here's a minidump could someone help me? i dont know...
  3. Laptop BSOD's perhaps driver error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop BSOD's perhaps driver error?: my brand new laptop has been crashing with “Memory_Management” “irql_not_less_or_equal” “System_Service_Exception” and many more other critical errors. i updated CPU and GPU drivers but i think the RAM or SSD is the issue. here's a minidump could someone help me? i dont know...
  4. Occasional bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional bsod: I keep getting bsods specifically when i play games. No crash dumps ever get created and i have tried everything i have found online and nothing fixed it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/occasional-bsod/4243a57b-940f-4ca4-913c-9b028487b231
  5. Occasional BSOD or crash

Occasional BSOD or crash: I've been having some trouble with my Windows 10 PC over the last several weeks. Approximately twice a week, it will crash, sometimes giving a BSOD, sometimes not. Other than those occasional crashes, everything is fine as far as I can tell. I've been trying to pinpoint the...
  6. Occasional BSOD

Occasional BSOD: Hi i keep getting occasional bsods recently it ranges between 2 to 3 days. I'm using a HP Laptop HP Notebook - 15-ay104nx I suspect its a driver issue. here are my pc specifications and my recent minidumps....
  7. Occasional BSOD

Occasional BSOD: Occasionally, when using my laptop an Acer Predator Helios 300 sometimes if it leans the wrong way or anything, it gets a blue screen of death, after which it doesn't automatically restart but needs a hard reboot and usually the computer starts with some difficulty getting...
  8. Added mSATA Accessibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Added mSATA Accessibility: I added a Samsung EVO 860 mSATA 250GB as a second drive in the available mini PCIe slot that was designed for it in my Lenovo x220 laptop with windows 10 os. It shows up in device manager under disk drives correctly, but does not show up anywhere as a local or available...
  9. Getting occasional BSOD, formatting the computer not helping.

Getting occasional BSOD, formatting the computer not helping.: This is a computer i build a year or so ago, it has been plagued by occasional BSOD since i built it, but i havn't gotten around to fix it before now. On average it happens once a day (sometimes multiple times a day, sometimes not.) It doesn't seem to happen while I'm doing...
  10. Occasional BSOD / freeze

Occasional BSOD / freeze: Hey guys. So, a little backstory - last month, I RMA'd my motherboard (MSI Z97S SLI Krait) and re-installed it. A couple of weeks later, I got random BSODs. There doesn't seem to be a definite pattern to them. Some are while I'm playing a game, some are while I'm just...