Windows 10: Occasional PSU buzzing

Discus and support Occasional PSU buzzing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Once maybe every 2 days or so my PSU emits a very faint buzzing noise for about 20 minutes or so. It will buzz for a few minutes, stop for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kerf, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Kerf Win User

Occasional PSU buzzing

Once maybe every 2 days or so my PSU emits a very faint buzzing noise for about 20 minutes or so. It will buzz for a few minutes, stop for a few seconds then buzz again. The PSU is about a year old and I just started noticing this. It doesn't matter how much load my computer is going through. Is this just Coil Whine or should I be more alarmed at this?

The model is a 550w Antec Platinum

:)

Kerf, Oct 1, 2015
  2. JimWynne Win User

PC Crashes while playing games

Hi FireRam. The loud buzzing noise followed by a crash leads me to believe that your computer's power supply unit (PSU) is dying. While replacing a PSU is usually not a very difficult task, properly diagnosing the problem might require the services of
    a professional. Be aware that if/when the PSU does die, it could take your motherboard and processor with it, so it's best not to delay in getting this sorted.

JimWynne, Oct 1, 2015
  3. FireRam Win User
    PC Crashes while playing games

Really well i have been building and upgrading Gaming PCs for over 19 years and the PSU was upgraded last month form a 500W to 700W PSU by ATX so i know for a fact it is not the PSU, i also know a dying only efects the voltage coming out it and can be easly
    checked with a multi-meter.

FireRam, Oct 1, 2015
  4. Occasional PSU buzzing

I find that percussive maintenance works well.

nigelmercier, Oct 1, 2015
  5. Kanata Win User
    Make sure all the screws that hold in the PSU are tight. Other than that, you may have to live with it.

Kanata, Oct 1, 2015
  6. Clive K Win User
    I would return it. You paid a premium price for "Platinum." I just replaced a Corsair 650 because it was buzzing, but it was 7 years old.
    My son is using it in one of his over-clocking rigs. Besides the fact that a PS can explode in flames, I don't want it buzzing. It's irritating as hell and can mask other things - like a CPU fan - going bad.

Clive K, Oct 1, 2015
  7. it sounds to me like your psu could be on its way out. That same thing happened to me one day until all the sudden my psu just went dead completely. I would start getting ideas for a new psu.

Matt Siegel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Occasional PSU buzzing

1. Occasional PSU buzzing - Similar Threads - Occasional PSU buzzing

2. Psu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Psu: Greetings, Not sure if it’s windows related. As a routine, after I shut down computer on windows, I power off my surge protector, which shuts off my psu. Strange thing, when I flip the switch to my surge protector on, my computer turns on without me pushing the case on...
  3. Psu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Psu: Greetings, Not sure if it’s windows related. As a routine, after I shut down computer on windows, I power off my surge protector, which shuts off my psu. Strange thing, when I flip the switch to my surge protector on, my computer turns on without me pushing the case on...
  4. PSU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PSU: I want to order a custom pc, but I cannot find out how to order a specific PSU.Everything I try is low wattage. I want 500 watts but cannot incorporate that in any build.Every company I work with, has low watt PSU's.It is one of the first components to go in a pc, hence...
  5. PSU

PSU: I want to order a custom pc, but I cannot find out how to order a specific PSU.Everything I try is low wattage. I want 500 watts but cannot incorporate that in any build.Every company I work with, has low watt PSU's.It is one of the first components to go in a pc, hence...
  6. Weird PSU buzzing noises and coil whine noises

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird PSU buzzing noises and coil whine noises: I just got a new Super Flower Leadex III Gold PSU today, and it’s making this extremely loud noise. This is what it sounds like: https://www.mediafire.com/file/as7bv0092ghwpod/IMG_4014.MOV/file It seems it goes away if the fan stops spinning. Is it probably just coil whine...
  7. Weird PSU buzzing noises and coil whine noises

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird PSU buzzing noises and coil whine noises: I just got a new Super Flower Leadex III Gold PSU today, and it’s making this extremely loud noise. This is what it sounds like: https://www.mediafire.com/file/as7bv0092ghwpod/IMG_4014.MOV/file It seems it goes away if the fan stops spinning. Is it probably just coil whine...
  8. Weird PSU buzzing noises and coil whine noises

9. psu watts

psu watts: how can I see my wattage in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/psu-watts/b94fc391-4753-43af-949e-711a2263fe48
  10. PSU

PSU: I am wondering if my desktop will be able to run a new GPU because I am looking for a new one so does anyone know if a GTX 1050 can run on an inspiron 3668 because I saw a-lot of controversy some guy said he was and someone else said it wasn't possible so I don't know who to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. psu repeated buzzing