Windows 10: Occasional red screen and blue screens when playing various games.

Discus and support Occasional red screen and blue screens when playing various games. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I upgraded my motherboard, power supply, and processor this last week and haven't stopped having issues with it since then. I've tried getting a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MicRouS, Feb 8, 2018.

1. MicRouS Win User

Occasional red screen and blue screens when playing various games.

So, I upgraded my motherboard, power supply, and processor this last week and haven't stopped having issues with it since then. I've tried getting a fresh installation of Windows, that didn't help. I've tried using DDU to remove any conflicting drivers. That still didn't work. To be more specific on what is happening, I crash at random times whilst playing games such as overwatch, tf2, gmod, etc. Sometimes it's a hard red screen crash and sometimes it's a blue screen with the error "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION". I'd really appreciate some help. I play with my friends quite often and don't like leaving them hanging.

:)

MicRouS, Feb 8, 2018

2. How do I fix irql not less or equal blue screen error

I've had these blue screen errors and various other blue screen errors for over a year now. They usually happen on almost any game I play no matter the graphic quality. If someone could help me that would be much appreciated.

xDarkNovax, Feb 8, 2018
  3. pkpg Win User
    IRQL_not_less_or_equal

If I post my dump file can someone please help determine why my computer is giving me a blue screen with that code? It happens randomly, most often while I am running various games, although sometimes when I am just playing videos on you tube.

pkpg, Feb 8, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

Unfortunately there are no minidump files being created so that we can do crash analysis.
    Code: 2018-02-08T16:35:49.435 Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file. 2018-02-08T18:24:02.020 Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file. 2018-02-08T19:41:50.573 Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file. 2018-02-08T21:06:54.175 Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.[/quote] Please have a look to see if you have a memory.dmp file in your C:\WINDOWS directory and please share it using OneDrive (it will be too large to upload here).

I also see lots of corrected hardware errors:
    Code: 2018-02-08T19:08:13.569 A corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Corrected Machine CheckError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 2The details view of this entry contains further information. 2018-02-08T19:08:13.569 A corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Corrected Machine CheckError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 3The details view of this entry contains further information. 2018-02-08T19:09:13.564 A corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Corrected Machine CheckError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 2The details view of this entry contains further information. 2018-02-08T19:09:13.564 A corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Corrected Machine CheckError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 3The details view of this entry contains further information. 2018-02-08T19:35:13.566 A corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Corrected Machine CheckError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 2The details view of this entry contains further information. 2018-02-08T19:59:32.552 A corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Corrected Machine CheckError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 3The details view of this entry contains further information. 2018-02-08T20:12:32.548 A corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Corrected Machine CheckError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 2The details view of this entry contains further information.[/quote] If you can provide further logfiles from the Beta08 version of our Log Collector we might be able to get more information on these errors. See the end of the BSOD Posting Instructions for this log collector, extract the files from the provided zipfile and then run the log collector.

philc43, Feb 8, 2018
  5. MicRouS Win User
    MicRouS, Feb 11, 2018
  6. philc43 Win User
    The memory.dmp file turned out to be corrupted which probably explains why the mini-dump file could not be created. So I can't provide any new information on the BSOD crash.

Since there are clearly some hardware issues it would be worth updating your BIOS for the motherboard. There are several revisions for your board so make sure you get the right one.

philc43, Feb 11, 2018
  7. MicRouS Win User
    MicRouS, Feb 12, 2018
  8. philc43 Win User

No change as far as I can see. What revision is your board - rev4.1?

philc43, Feb 12, 2018
  9. MicRouS Win User
    According to CPU-Z, my motherboard's chipset is in Rev. 02 and my Southbridge is in Rev. 40. (sorry if this is the wrong info. I'm still kinda new to the details of hardware.)

MicRouS, Feb 12, 2018
  10. philc43 Win User
    You will find the motherboard revision printed somewhere on the board itself. According to the photo it is in the top left.

Occasional red screen and blue screens when playing various games. [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 12, 2018
  11. MicRouS Win User
    That's actually the very one I have. Rev. 4.1.

MicRouS, Feb 13, 2018
  12. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Feb 13, 2018
  13. MicRouS Win User

It says this is incompatible with 64 bit versions of windows. Gosh, this motherboard was a mistake lol.

MicRouS, Feb 14, 2018
  14. MicRouS Win User
    So, I got an updater for gigabyte motherboards since it didn't want to update with that specific file. It seemed to have worked for now. I played some overwatch to test it for about 45 minutes. It usually crashes in the first 20. Nothing yet. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all your help so far. I really appreciate it.

MicRouS, Feb 14, 2018
  15. MicRouS Win User
    So...it just red screened again. The F3 update for the BIOS doesn't seem to want to work. I'm really unsure of why it doesn't support 64 bit Windows, but supports a 9590....

MicRouS, Feb 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Occasional red screen and blue screens when playing various games. - Similar Threads - Occasional red screen

2. Getting Blue Screen errors when playing various games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Blue Screen errors when playing various games: I built my PC 4 years ago and hadn't had a problem, until about 4-5 months ago when I started getting BSoDs around once a week to once every two weeks, I have tried a multitude of different solutions to no avail, the errors only happen when I am playing various games i will...
  3. Getting Blue Screen errors when playing various games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Blue Screen errors when playing various games: I built my PC 4 years ago and hadn't had a problem, until about 4-5 months ago when I started getting BSoDs around once a week to once every two weeks, I have tried a multitude of different solutions to no avail, the errors only happen when I am playing various games i will...
  4. Blue screens when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens when playing games: I just bought a prebuilt pc, and when i’m playing games for an hour or two i’ll get a blue screen. I’ve had error codes with UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION & WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Ive gone into bios and reset to default, i’ve tried to switch the rams and update all my drivers...
  5. Blue screens when playing games

Blue screens when playing games: I just bought a prebuilt pc, and when i’m playing games for an hour or two i’ll get a blue screen. I’ve had error codes with UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION & WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Ive gone into bios and reset to default, i’ve tried to switch the rams and update all my drivers...
  6. Blue screens when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Blue Screening when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screening when playing games: I've been crashing when playing any kind of game that stresses the computer but my specs arent bad, but it started happening after we switched some pc parts, but none of the parts seem bad but i keep getting various blue screens some mentioning kmode exception not handled and...
  8. Blue Screening when playing games

Blue Screening when playing games: I've been crashing when playing any kind of game that stresses the computer but my specs arent bad, but it started happening after we switched some pc parts, but none of the parts seem bad but i keep getting various blue screens some mentioning kmode exception not handled and...
  9. Blue Screening when playing games

10. Blue Screens when playing a game.

Blue Screens when playing a game.: My computer has now twice encountered a blue screen while playing a specific game. My computer has been buggy in the past so I wanted to see if the computer was having an issue.The Blue screen Error code is DCP_Watchdog_ViolationA folder containing the Minidumps from both...