Windows 10: Occasional start menu crashes

Discus and support Occasional start menu crashes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; last 3 days I seem to have occasional start menu crashes. it works again straight after but any idea whats happening. no changes at all. I reckon a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Occasional start menu crashes

last 3 days I seem to have occasional start menu crashes. it works again straight after but any idea whats happening. no changes at all. I reckon a live tile might be to blame. I turn on the pc a few times a day and so far it seems to of happened once each day for the past three without rhyme or reason :

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe

MoAppCrash

Package Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.16299.371_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

:)

Scottyboy99, Apr 16, 2018
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Chronic Trouble: Can't boot into safe-mode!

Exactly, yes.. .its just one of the start menu app's that shows little tips occasionally on the lock screen or in the action messages/notifications, maybe on Cortana occasionally too. Open it up sometime & explore it on your Start Menu 'Tips' under T.

'Mike P, Apr 16, 2018
  3. CJLim Win User
    N96 30.033 reboot with GPS

I have V3 on mine and certainly don't remember Sports Tracker ever crashing on me and I used it almost every other weekend. Ovi Maps crashed occasionally but only when I do something odd such as an incoming call while navigating or multitasking etc.

What the OP is experiencing may be different because while we were experiencing the occasional crash of Ovi Maps, the OP's phone seems to crash everytime Sports Tracker is started.

CJLim, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

Occasional start menu crashes

1. Occasional start menu crashes - Similar Threads - Occasional start menu

2. Occasional BSOD or crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional BSOD or crash: I've been having some trouble with my Windows 10 PC over the last several weeks. Approximately twice a week, it will crash, sometimes giving a BSOD, sometimes not. Other than those occasional crashes, everything is fine as far as I can tell. I've been trying to pinpoint the...
  3. Windows explorer lagging and crashing occasionally and context menu freezes on "open with"....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows explorer lagging and crashing occasionally and context menu freezes on "open with"....: Don't know if it was a coincidence or not but said problem started about three days ago after installing VLC (yes official site) and uninstalling it after noticing the issues and some file associations I didn't want with it. Did full scans with Windows Defender and...
  4. Windows explorer lagging and crashing occasionally and context menu freezes on "open with"...

Windows explorer lagging and crashing occasionally and context menu freezes on "open with"...: Did full scans with Windows Defender and Malware-bytes and everything is clear, SFC /SCANNOW doesn't find any problems and I'm still having crashing and freezing issues. For all intents and purposes VLC was downloaded off the official site CPU Intel Core i7-9700F RAM...
  5. Start Menu Crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Crashing: This has been happening to me since I updated Windows to version 2004. Every time I try to scroll on the start menu, or try to open a folder in it, it crashes and restarts. I can only go through it by using the alphabet sorting thingy. Please help....
  6. Start Menu Crashes

Start Menu Crashes: I'm a long term MS Windows user and I used to access all folder in system drive. After Windows 7 accessing some folder such as AppData and DocumentsandSettings folders was too more complicated. I used a little and handy program called NTFS access and guaranteed access every...
  7. Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.

Windows occasionally crashes and computer occasionally freezes.: I have no idea where to start with this issue. All I know is that my computer will rarely crash and restart itself and when I go to check the reliability report in the action center, the only information it gives me is that "Windows shut down unexpectedly". I don't get a blue...
  8. Occasional PC Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional PC Crash: My PC has just stopped.. My second screen went black and the PC froze. I had to power off and on to get it working. This has happened a few times over the last couple of weeks. No new applications installed. Last week I had 3 / 4 days with no issues, then off it went....
  9. Start menu Crashing (sort of)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu Crashing (sort of): hkVjJlqI5fo Having an issue with my Start menu in Windows 10 that nobody else on the internet seems to have. Basically, pressing certain buttons makes that menu crash. So does searches. Extremely annoying. Any help greatly appreciated. 38760
  10. start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu crashes: how to do this for startmenu ? my start menu crashes when nvidia driver crashes and it wont open. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html 19017