Windows 10: Occasionally can't login after wake from sleep

Discus and support Occasionally can't login after wake from sleep in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there, First my computer: ASUS laptop Vivobook S551LB i5-4200u 750GB HDD windows 10 As topic my computer occasionally fail to login... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kurkyThomas, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Occasionally can't login after wake from sleep

Hi there,

First my computer:
    ASUS laptop Vivobook S551LB
    i5-4200u
    750GB HDD
    windows 10

As topic my computer occasionally fail to login after wake from sleep. After the password is typed, it load a while then jump back to lockscreen. The chance is low (It feels ~1 out of 20-30) and I cant figure what is triggering it.

Weirdly only sleep mode does this. I have yet to encounter such problem when using hibernate or restart.

Thanks for reading this post. Thanks in advanced to any reply *Biggrin

:)

kurkyThomas, Sep 23, 2016

2. Occasionally Can't Login After Wake from Sleep

I found a workaround, I just disable the password login thing everything when wake up.

ThomasLiYH, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Occasionally Can't Login After Wake from Sleep

Hi there,

First my computer:
    ASUS laptop Vivobook S551LB
    i5-4200u
    750GB HDD

As topic my computer occasionally fail to login after wake from sleep. After the password is typed, it load a while then jump back to lockscreen. The chance is low (It feels ~1 out of 20-30) and I cant figure what is triggering it.

Weirdly only sleep mode does this. I have yet to encounter such problem when using hibernate or restart.

Thanks for reading this post. Thanks in advanced to any reply Occasionally can't login after wake from sleep :D

ThomasLiYH, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Grampo Win User

Occasionally can't login after wake from sleep

I had the same problem on my desktop after the Windows 10 Anniversary update. I had to shut the machine down then reboot to have any chance of logging in. I even did a fresh install, but when it happened again, I simply removed the need for a password after sleep.

Grampo, Sep 23, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Go to settings, accounts, sign in options, and change setting not to require password on wakeup.

cereberus, Sep 23, 2016
  6. Thanks Grampo and cereberus for the reply!

Damn so it is a software bug?! I even refresh BIOS and run memory test......

Anyway thanks for the help. It's a bit unsafe but I guess there is no choice. Better than losing all progress! Guess I just need to lock the computer first before sleep if use in public.

kurkyThomas, Sep 23, 2016
  7. juneisni Win User
    I had the same problem(window 10 laptop Alienware 15 ).

juneisni, Sep 26, 2016
  8. ammali Win User

Hi everyone,
    Registered just to post this.
    This problem was annoying the ever-loving **** out of me until I discovered a solution:
    Instead of typing your password, choose to log in as "other user", and then type your same username and password there. Gets you back into your session and you don't have to restart and lose anything.
    Hope they fix this bug soon, but for now, hooray for workarounds.

ammali, Nov 20, 2016
  9. Splider Win User
    Hey there, I'm getting the same thing, though I'm running a desktop, not a laptop. Windows10 is installed on my SSD though, wondering if that's the common denominator. The IT guy at work suggested I go into power settings and disable the option to allow the HD to go to sleep; it didn't help me, but you guys might want to try it.

For me, I can't login reliably whether it's waking from sleep or a full restart. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries, sometimes as many as 30.

I got excited about the update that happened last night, but didn't make any difference.

Ammali, I don't seem to have the option to login to "other user". If anyone finds another workaround I'd love to hear it.

Splider, Nov 25, 2016
  10. dark77 Win User
    Ammali, I am also unable to see how do you execute this workaround? Where exactly do you have the option to log in as "Other user" after the lock screen does not accept your password? And how/where can you enter your username and password?

dark77, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Occasionally can't login after wake from sleep - Similar Threads - Occasionally can't login

2. Waking from sleep after KB5029244

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking from sleep after KB5029244: My system has been spontaneously waking from sleep after update KB5029244. Before that it remained in sleep until I pressed a keyboard key -- and has done so for years. I have all the prevent accidental wakeup settings enabled, including no wakeup from mouse, network, etc.Is...
  3. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  4. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  5. Crash After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash After Waking From Sleep: I got a crash after waking from sleep and I got this from the windows dump file using windbg. What is causing this error?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21349.1004 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  6. Can't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't wake from sleep: So I've been on the Insider 20H2 build for a couple of weeks now. I've noticed that my laptop frequently crashes on sleep and won't wake up. Sometimes it would just refuse to go into sleep and get stuck till a force restart and sometimes it would just straight up turn of when...
  7. Occasional Blue Screen of Death and inability to wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Occasional Blue Screen of Death and inability to wake up from sleep: My Windows 10 Hone has encountered blue screen of death with the error stop code VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR several times. If my laptop is not connected to the internet when the BSOD occurs, it will stuck on the Blue Screen and heat up overtime. I have done a fresh install of...
  8. BSOD after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  9. Can't wake computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't wake computer from sleep: So this is my current problem: ever since I upgraded to an SSD and did a clean install of windows 10, I can't wake up my computer from sleep. On my old hard drive I did not have this problem. Whenever the screen times out, my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive and nothing I...
  10. Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep: Hi there. I first apologise as this doesn't apply to my current computer specs but to my friend's laptop. His laptop however is also a Toshiba Satellite and also has Windows 10 Home 64bit. What seems to happen is when he closes the lid on his laptop his laptop sleeps...