Windows 10: October Updates KB3105208 Fails

Discus and support October Updates KB3105208 Fails in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This update fails when trying to complete the restart saying it failed to initialize. cannot catch it to hide the update. will this prevent any new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by shipinomore10, Oct 22, 2015.

1. October Updates KB3105208 Fails

This update fails when trying to complete the restart saying it failed to initialize.
    cannot catch it to hide the update. will this prevent any new builds from installing?
    MS has also changed the options in how to install updates so I cannot choose how to install them.
    any suggestions?
    It does allow trying to diagnosis the system and says it is gathering information and then does a reset and brings windows 10 back up.
    shipinomore

:)

shipinomore10, Oct 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade problem.

The completed scan said "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". Also the update you mentioned (KB3105208) was uninstalled, which should have corrected any problems it was causing.

CharlesMickler, Oct 22, 2015
  3. suat.cini Win User
    I am receiving PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error message

After the recent Windows 10 update ( I did not write down the KB # ) on 23rd October, A restart was scheduled. I restarted immediately and then I have started to receive PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED message and nothing else on the blue screen. Several
    attempts at restarting and repairing processes failed.

I had Windows 10 Build 10565 installed on my desktop computer. Windows 10 was installed on UEFI motherboard with GPT partitioning method. This desktop has fairly new components, such as Asus H97 M/B, Intel i7-4790 CPU, Corsair SSD, AMD Radeon HD6850 PCIe
    gfx card, etc. and it was used to run Windows 10 test builds starting from Build 9926.

EDIT: I reinstalled Windows 10 Build 10565 and checked Windows update. My Windows 10 again collapsed after installation of the updates with the same cause "Process1_Initialization_Failed". This time I took down the update KB numbers before Windows 10 went
    down. Most probably, the offending update is KB3105208. The other updates that were installed together are KB3106638, KB3105216 ( Flash player update ), Realtek soundboard update, and Windows Defender update.

It seems I will not reinstall Insider build 10565 until a new build is released because it will try to get the offending update and fail again and again.

EDIT2: I installed the Windows updates that made my desktop collapse on my Notebook HP Elitebook 8460p, which has the same Windows 10 Build 10565 as the desktop. The same Windows updates ( except Realtek sound drivers because HP notebook has IDC sound chipset,
    not Realtek ) did not cause any problems on my notebook.

EDIT3: After Disabling Secure Boot as per
    THiS ARTiCLE,
    my Windows 10 Build 10565 was able to boot successfully. Now it is fully functional !!!

suat.cini, Oct 22, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

October Updates KB3105208 Fails

Do you have Secure Boot enabled?? If disable it and go from there. Some member have found by doing this it resolves the issue.
    HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 22, 2015
  5. Hi BunnyJ Thank you for the tip. took longer to find the right F key to get in and change the secure boot than to re install the update. Four years on this machine and never a problem with updates.
    Looking forward to Nov. 2nd.
    Shipinomore

shipinomore10, Oct 22, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Glad it helped. Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 22, 2015
  7. aelaan Win User
    I confirm that this is the solution, I found it earlier this morning but already reinstalled...

aelaan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

October Updates KB3105208 Fails

1. October Updates KB3105208 Fails - Similar Threads - October Updates KB3105208

2. KB5005260 October 2021 cumulative update fails to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5005260 October 2021 cumulative update fails to install: I'm constantly getting "We couldn’t complete this update. Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer." message. Tried all possible solutions found on this forum and the internet. Does anybody experience the same issue?...
  3. KB5005260 October 2021 cumulative update fails to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5005260 October 2021 cumulative update fails to install: I'm constantly getting "We couldn’t complete this update. Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer." message. Tried all possible solutions found on this forum and the internet. Does anybody experience the same issue?...
  4. KB5005260 October 2021 cumulative update fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. October Cumulative Update Fails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    October Cumulative Update Fails: Only on one computer. I get 0x8007000d for KB4579311. I have tried multiple fixes with no luck. It has also effected .NET update which errors with (0x8000ffff). Any advice? If I wait for the next update could it work? Or am I now destined to have no updates work? Its a fairly...
  6. Windows 10 October Cumulative Update Fails

Windows 10 October Cumulative Update Fails: KB4577671 was automatically downloaded and attempted to be installed without me realizing it. After this was done, I was prompted to reboot Windows 10 Professional. Upon rebooting, my workstation gets stuck in a non-stop reboot loop. This update is the cause of it. This...
  7. October Update

October Update: Is the October Update still being distributed? My wife still did not get it and our library Win 10 computer also has not gotten it. I know there were delays, but this seems very late. I actually got my October Update on Dec. 11 which I believe was too early because I am...
  8. Windows 10 October 2018 Update failed.

Windows 10 October 2018 Update failed.: So I attempted to install the new Oct. 2018 update on my Surface studio and it didn't installed correctly. So now when I turn on the Surface studio it only shows a black screen and won't let me do anything. I need help to fix this issue. Is there a way to do a factory reset...
  9. Kb3105208

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Kb3105208: Hello everyone..!!! I am sure many of you have encountered/updated to KB3105208 and suffered the same fate that I have.... the BSOD. To say the least, this the worst thing that Microsoft had done to all who have upgraded to Windows 10 and recently installed the Build 10565....
  10. Windows 10 October Update KB3105208 Causing BSODs on Some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October Update KB3105208 Causing BSODs on Some PCs: Users claim Microsoft has just shipped a botched update Botched updates are not something new for Microsoft, but it seems that almost every single update that the company releases for Windows 10 is actually causing problems. Not for too many users, but still. This...
Tags: