Windows 10: OCX Files won't download

Discus and support OCX Files won't download in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to assist a colleague, who has a PC with a 64 bit, Windows 10 O/S, getting a program to run. I should explain that the program was copied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gordon99, Jan 24, 2017.

1. gordon99 Win User

OCX Files won't download

I am trying to assist a colleague, who has a PC with a 64 bit, Windows 10 O/S, getting a program to run. I should explain that the program was copied onto a disk from my PC and loaded onto the colleague's PC from the disk.
    On the colleague's PC the parts of the program refuse to open as there are some OCX files missing and/or not registered. When I tried to download each of the missing files from the ocxDump website a message flashed up each time to the effect that the file(s) could not be download. I'm afraid I failed to make a note of the full message but as far as I can recall it said something about the file(s) being in use somewhere on the system.

I have performed this operation before on another's PC and the program has successfully run with no problem downloading the missing files from ocxDump.

Can someone please tell me what is the solution here? My own PC also has a 64bit, Windows 10 O/S. Many thanks.

:)

gordon99, Jan 24, 2017
  2. IJDie Win User

COMCTL32.OCX file missing/invalid for Windows 10

The answer is confusing. The problem/question is re. comctl32.ocx, and the solution recommends downloading a zip archive of comctl32.ocx. However, the section on registering the ocx file specifies comdlg32.ocx as the file to register. Is it a typo or incomplete
    information as to why you download comctl32.ocx but register comdlg32.ocx.

IJDie, Jan 24, 2017
  3. COMCTL32.OCX file missing/invalid for Windows 10

Comctl32.ocx is a Visual Basic 6.0 runtime file that's not included in Windows 10. The golf program which was presumably developed using VB 6.0 needs to supply the required runtime libraries.

Support Statement for Visual Basic 6.0 on Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, and Windows 10

Download VB 6.0 Common Controls

However, you may try the Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls (includes comctl32.ocx) from the following Microsoft Download Center link: Download Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Common Controls from Official Microsoft Download Center

Don't run the setup. Instead, open the exe file using 7-Zip or any other archiving utility and extract the file Comctl32.OCX file to the following folder:

Copying the OCX file:

For Windows 64-bit systems, extract the OCX file to: C:\Windows\SysWOW64

For Windows 32-bit systems, extract the OCX file to: C:\Windows\System32

Register the OCX file:

Right-click Start, click Command Prompt (Admin)

If you're using Windows 32-bit, type the following command and press ENTER:

regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx

If you're using Windows 64-bit, type the following command and press ENTER:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx

Try launching the golf program now.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 24, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

OCX Files won't download

The only message I can get downloading from that site is 'the file already exists, do you want to replace it?' (on my second attempt at downloading using another browser). Try using the 'Save as' option to save to another folder, one that you know doesn't already hold a file with the same name.

5. Samuria Win User
    If you have the files as suggested they need to be registered to work

Samuria, Jan 24, 2017
  6. gordon99 Win User
    I know they have to be registered to work but the message was they could not down load.etc. It is this that is bugging me. As I have already said, I have done this operation before on another PC without a hitch. Do not Downloads simply go into Downloads with any save problems coming later? I always thought a Download was simply that and whatever was on the PC would not stop the Download itself.

gordon99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

OCX Files won't download

1. OCX Files won't download - Similar Threads - OCX Files won't

2. Windows 10 - Missing file MSCOMM32.OCX and need to find, download and add to C:WindowsSysWOW64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Missing file MSCOMM32.OCX and need to find, download and add to C:WindowsSysWOW64: I use Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 64-bit Laptop. A communications software program I downloaded and tried to use, gave me an error that file MSCOMM32.OCX is missing. Please advise me how I can find and download the missing MSCOMM32.OCX file. I understand that one I...
  3. CMDLG32.OCX

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMDLG32.OCX: I need the following file: COMDLG32.OCX Can I get this file from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmdlg32ocx/19b13c05-f88b-4e60-809e-f5724372d8ed
  4. Registering an OCX file fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registering an OCX file fails: I have been trying to register on OCX file on a Windows 10 64 bit system. I keep getting the following error message The module mshflxgd.ocx failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent...
  5. Where i can download mscomm32.ocx?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where i can download mscomm32.ocx?: Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-i-can-download-mscomm32ocx/ca9ec912-ef99-4edf-9172-934c48ede5f7
  6. Various OCX files required.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Various OCX files required.: Looking for Ccepsld.ocx hlink.ocx msflxgrd.ocx Soundprocessor.ocx threed32.ocx vbskpro.ocx and finally MSCOMCTL.OCX https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/various-ocx-files-required/686b1ffa-df0f-4cb3-af27-83600f586871
  7. file TABCTL32.OCX

file TABCTL32.OCX: How to register the TABCTL32.OCX file in W10 32bit Pikulis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-tabctl32ocx/577f020b-2064-4080-bdc7-8cc701c5de02
  8. COMDLG32.ocx file is missing or in invalid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMDLG32.ocx file is missing or in invalid: I am trying to use the program EnergyPlus V3, previously used on my Vista, on my new computer woth Windows 10 and have got the following message Component COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid I checked in SysWOW64...
  9. using regsvr32 to register ocx file

using regsvr32 to register ocx file: using regsvr32 to register Msflxgrd.ocx I get error 08002801c how do I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-regsvr32-to-register-ocx-file/9b1fa2bb-ca51-4c34-89a2-670eb9e48548
  10. COMCTL32.OCX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    COMCTL32.OCX: Where can I download COMCTL32.OCX, Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/comctl32ocx/b51613e2-e032-45ac-b4cf-2b8e58c2096e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PC COMDLG32.OCX file download