Windows 10: Odd change in MS account list of devices

Discus and support Odd change in MS account list of devices in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I was just checking my list of devices in my MS account, and I noticed two od things. 1) My Hyper-V virtual machines are just listed generically as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, Sep 10, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Odd change in MS account list of devices

I was just checking my list of devices in my MS account, and I noticed two od things.

1) My Hyper-V virtual machines are just listed generically as "virtual machines" whereas they always used to be listed as "Hyper-V virtual machines". I liked it that way so I could tell Hyper-V machines separately from VMWARE VMS.

2) One of my VMs is now still listed in my MS account, even though I changed it to a local account. Previously device was always removed if you changed from MSA to local account. This is a good move assuming it is a change, not a glitch as this means the digital licence link will be retained if you changed to a local account for any reason.

:)

cereberus, Sep 10, 2017

2. How to change the username of MS account in the phone?

Hu Hetj,

Unfortunately you have to do a hard reset of your phone and re-associate your new email as your primary MS email for your phone during the set-up process.

I wish it was different for you.

Please be warned that all purchases made apps/songs etc. need to be re-purchased if your new email is not an alias of your old email you used.

Johan van Mierlo, Sep 10, 2017
  3. Hejt Win User
    How to change the username of MS account in the phone?

Hi Johan,

thank You for the answer. I have put my old mail back. Anyway, I have another question - I have created a new alias with outlook domain, and want to send e-mails right fron this adress from my phone. However, when I set it up on the phone, it duplicates
    nearly everything - all the e-mails recieved, to-do list, calendar events..

I have tried to set it as "another account" but that does bot work, shows up an error.. Is there any way to solve this, or am I just about to stop using the outlook mail??

Thank You for Your time.

4. lx07 Win User

Interesting. You are correct - they did say VMware version xxx but now they do not.

For me, VirtualBox (red) is still described as "VirtualBox". VMware (green) and Hyper-V (yellow) both say the generic "Virtual Machine"

Odd change in MS account list of devices [​IMG]

It is definitely retained anyway. My Hyper-V VMs (Yellow above) are local accounts as they are for playing with insider builds. I always clean install and they always activate.

I also have more (old unused but activated) VMs that that are linked to this MS account and don't appear. I think the website shows recently connected VMs but isn't really tied to activation or license. It would be hard to test that though but I'll resurrect an old one and see.

5. cereberus Win User
    Interesting that vbox shows but not hyper-v/vmware. I reckon this is a glitch.

cereberus, Sep 11, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    Yup - I think you are right.

It didn't do it in the past for sure (or rather it distinguished one type from another).

My VBox VMs until recently used to describe themselves as "Innotek" (the company that owned VBox before Oracle bought it so many years ago).

I guess they are (slowly) trying to give more accurate descriptions.

7. cereberus Win User
    Well "virtual machine" is certainly accurate but not that helpful.

I guess I will just add HV, VB, VM etc as part of pc name in future (or at least for non Hyper-V vms as I use Hyper-V mostly).

It is odd this change seems to coincide with lifting 10 device limit to 2000, which I yet to see happen. I wonder if it kicks in when you reach 10?

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Odd change in MS account list of devices - Similar Threads - Odd change account

2. Device listed in MS account but bitlocker key not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device listed in MS account but bitlocker key not showing up: Hello,I've had to replace the motherboard of my laptop an ASUS B9. Now the computer is asking me to prompt the bitlocker 48 digits. The bitlocker i assume it was enabled at factory by the manifacturer. The device was correctly registered with my Microsfot account but it does...
  3. Device listed in MS account but bitlocker key not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device listed in MS account but bitlocker key not showing up: Hello,I've had to replace the motherboard of my laptop an ASUS B9. Now the computer is asking me to prompt the bitlocker 48 digits. The bitlocker i assume it was enabled at factory by the manifacturer. The device was correctly registered with my Microsfot account but it does...
  4. Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key: I am trying to fix the black screen problem on my Windows 10 tablet when booting and can't get through to the Windows login screen. The black screen appeared after doing a Windows update. When trying to reset in Windows Recovery Environment, I am prompted for the Bitlocker...
  5. Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key: I am trying to fix the black screen problem on my Windows 10 tablet when booting and can't get through to the Windows login screen. The black screen appeared after doing a Windows update. When trying to reset in Windows Recovery Environment, I am prompted for the Bitlocker...
  6. Device is listed in MS Account, but not showing Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Administrator account changed to device owner. My account is not showed in the list...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account changed to device owner. My account is not showed in the list...: I accidently turned my account administrator to device owner. I think my computer now thinks that i am a account that you can't log in like TrustedInstaller or SYSTEM , because its not in the account list anymore. I checked the Users folder from a non-admin account , and my...
  8. Odd entry in Programs list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Odd entry in Programs list: Just got the Oct 2020 update installed on WIn10 Home. Have an unusual reg key-looking entry in programs list: [ATTACH] Clicking on details shows: [ATTACH] Never seen this type of entry in Programs before. Any idea what it might be? Cannot uninstall via Windows...
  9. Odd Wifi network list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Wifi network list: Hello, any help appreciated! I have several wifi networks that show up when I click the wifi icon in the lower right of my screen, but do not show up when I go to the manage networks under settings. I want to forget these, as my laptop keeps trying to connect even though I...
  10. Devices list under MS account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices list under MS account: Hello I have a desktop PC plus an XBOX one. Both signed into my MS account. Until today (well that's when I first noticed) both the PC and the XBOX one are listed under 'My Devices' when I login to the account.microsoft.com However now the XBOX one listing is missing....