Windows 10: Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC'

Discus and support Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] [img] See Pictures, 'Local Disk E' appears twice at the side, not an issue, but I don't know why any ideas? 40043 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chrisred, Feb 6, 2016.

1. chrisred Win User

Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC'

Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC' [​IMG]

See Pictures, 'Local Disk E' appears twice at the side, not an issue, but I don't know why any ideas?

:)

chrisred, Feb 6, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 6, 2016
  3. USB devices are shown twice on Windows 10

I have the exact same issue and I also have tried everything and any thumb drive, or external hard drive appears twice (same drive letter).

Very annoying.

Help! This never happened until upgrading to 10.

ScotteBradley, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Chris, *Smile

Removable drives will show twice in the navigation pane by default. Once under "This PC", and second as its own group.

The tutorial below can show you how to remove the duplicate drives from showing separately in the navigation pane.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Feb 6, 2016
  5. chrisred Win User
    It's not a removable drive though is a SATA 3 SSD on the same controller as the C: drive. :-S

chrisred, Feb 6, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I bet it's classified as removable since SATA drives are hot swappable.

I have 3 internal SATA drives, and only the OS drive and any partition on the OS drive is considered a "fixed drive". The other 2 drives are considered a "removable drive".

Either way, the tutorial will remove it for you. *Smile

Brink, Feb 6, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Feb 6, 2016
  8. chrisred Win User

It didn't work I ran it twice rebooting after each.

chrisred, Feb 6, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Just to verify, did you use the .reg file from step 2, and approve all the prompts to apply?

Brink, Feb 6, 2016
  10. chrisred Win User
    Yep both times it completed successfully.

chrisred, Feb 7, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd. In that case export the two registry keys below and upload them here. I'll be happy to take a look to see if anything may not be correct.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFold ers

(Only available on 64-bit Windows)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\ DelegateFolders

Brink, Feb 7, 2016
  12. chrisred Win User
    I've not run away had internet issues at home, narrowed it down to either a splitter or the coaxial that goes through the wall. I have the bits to fix it so will hopefully get back to you tonight.

chrisred, Feb 8, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Ok. See you then. *Smile

Brink, Feb 8, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Your .reg files show that the {F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83} key was not deleted from the location below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFold ers\

See if using step 2 below again will remove it.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Feb 9, 2016
  15. chrisred Win User

Rebooted and it's still there...

Can I manually delete it?

chrisred, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC' - Similar Threads - Odd Hard drive

2. Hard drive appears twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive appears twice: My file explorer shows my d drive twice. I have already did the suggested regedit to remove it. After doing that the drive remains. Also the key that you need to remove is not in the registry. Any Ideas? Is is possible to manually enter the key then delete it?...
  3. Odd Hard Drive Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd Hard Drive Problem: I'm trying to fix a 9 year old Sony SVR-HDT500 video recorder which contains a 500 GB hard drive optmised for video recording. The fault symptoms are slow loading of menus and jittery playback. I removed the hard drive and checked it connected to a PC. There are no obvious...
  4. HARD DRIVES NOT APPEARING

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HARD DRIVES NOT APPEARING: So I had to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop. Now my hard drives are not appearing except for my C drive. I tried using "Create and format hard disk partitions" tool but the unallocated space would not appear. I checked the BIOS and all three hard drives are visible. Any...
  5. uhh drive appears twice

uhh drive appears twice: the drives appear twice???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uhh-drive-appears-twice/69a5543b-a9cb-4c74-a78b-1c5bbed48194
  6. Hard drive appears as a folder in This PC

Hard drive appears as a folder in This PC: [ATTACH] My D drive appears as a normal drive, but reappears as a folder in This PC, what can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-appears-as-a-folder-in-this-pc/8d3b3ca1-786a-4a26-b4df-6c244bc214fe"
  7. multi hard drives on one pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    multi hard drives on one pc: hello guys is this possible, i have 3 hard drives solid state, each one has win 10 pro on it. the reason is each hard drive is for each person in my household, is there a way that i could have all 3 hard drives hooked up at once and be able to choose which drive to boot...
  8. Odd hard drive behavior

Odd hard drive behavior: Two days ago I defraged my primary hard drive before I went to bed. When I woke up the next day my laptop was on a black screen so I held the power button until it shut down. When I tried to boot it up I got a message saying no hard drive was found. After a while of searching...
  9. SD card drive appearing twice?

SD card drive appearing twice?: Can somebody explain why the SD card drive E: is appearing twice on the left column? Thanks for your help! 63604
  10. Odd hard drive behavior

Odd hard drive behavior: I have one month old 1tb hybrid hard drive and yesterday I was experiencing issues with it. It started to run slower than usual. Games wouldn't load as quickly and when I first booted into windows the desktop icons appeared as blank pieces of paper. Then when I opened...