Windows 10: Odd paths in windows firewall

Discus and support Odd paths in windows firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some reason, when looking up the rules in my firewall. Some of the rules have odd paths. See below. I do have an F: drive, but these files are now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bobsagetfullhou, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Odd paths in windows firewall

For some reason, when looking up the rules in my firewall. Some of the rules have odd paths. See below. I do have an F: drive, but these files are now located on a K: drive. So I have now idea what the "F:0" or "F:2" is about. Any ideas?
    Odd paths in windows firewall [​IMG]

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Sep 4, 2017

2. Odd Inbound rules listed in Windows Firewall with Advanced Security

I didn't find a solution, but I reset my pc and I no longer have it listed in the firewall. According to a post I made on reddit, it doesn't actually mean anything and is actually mojibake.
    Here is the post I made asking for help on it. I don't actually know what program the rule was for, but I disabled
    it and nothing broke to my knowledge.

SpaceCommander, Sep 4, 2017
  3. Odd Inbound rules listed in Windows Firewall with Advanced Security

I've already scanned the computer several times. I'm assuming it's something leftover from a previous malware removal, as no threats are found currently.

SpaceCommander, Sep 4, 2017
Thema:

Odd paths in windows firewall

1. Odd paths in windows firewall - Similar Threads - Odd paths firewall

2. What type firewall is Windows Firewall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What type firewall is Windows Firewall?: I'm trying to figure out why an app KDE Connect doesn't recognize other devices. Part of the troubleshooting depends on the firewall type--ufw or firewalld. Which type is Windows Firewall?Thanks....
  3. OneDrive sync errors on W10 - odd paths and renamed files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive sync errors on W10 - odd paths and renamed files: Hello,I have persistent issues with OneDrive syncing. Here are a couple of problems that are happening:1 Excel files, e.g., will have trouble syncing and will revert to a random number. For example, "Scott's Excel File.xlsx" becomes "1364358.xlsx". Excel will be pointing to a...
  4. OneDrive sync errors on W10 - odd paths and renamed files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive sync errors on W10 - odd paths and renamed files: Hello,I have persistent issues with OneDrive syncing. Here are a couple of problems that are happening:1 Excel files, e.g., will have trouble syncing and will revert to a random number. For example, "Scott's Excel File.xlsx" becomes "1364358.xlsx". Excel will be pointing to a...
  5. OneDrive sync errors on W10 - odd paths and renamed files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows Firewall and odd looking paths showing D:0\ instead of drive letter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall and odd looking paths showing D:0\ instead of drive letter: A couple of days ago, I replaced my SSD with a bigger one. On the disk, I had two partitions - one 100 GB for Windows C: and one 400 GB for other stuff F:. To replace the disk, I used a tool called AOMEI Backupper which comes with a disk cloning feature. The cloning...
  7. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  8. Windows behaving oddly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows behaving oddly: Hi My PC froze while playing a game and after restart the windows 10 has been acting weird. First it takes long to login and the screen goes from black to back and windows keeps reopening file manager. And now when that is over when I click the startup button or the search...
  9. Weird windows firewall rule behavior. Assigning wrong path?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird windows firewall rule behavior. Assigning wrong path?: So I go to start up Portal 2 today. I get a windows firewall popup to allow or block. It's been installed for a LONG time so i thought it was odd, and opened up windows firewall to check. The rule had assigned the path instead of its actual path which is S: it assigned it as...
  10. Odd issue with Gears of war 4 (Possibly a firewall issue)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd issue with Gears of war 4 (Possibly a firewall issue): The ONLY source I have been able to find that even acknowledges an issue like this exists is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUq1QWHGK-o. When I open Gears of War 4 on my computer, I only get "Invite only" and "Friends Only" and James doesn't show up, only a black background...