Windows 10: Odd problem with USB device Broken Error

Discus and support Odd problem with USB device Broken Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a faulty 64Gb USB stick and every time iI insert it I get the Broken device not recognised error and I click the error off. Occasionally the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lord zaeon, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Odd problem with USB device Broken Error

I have a faulty 64Gb USB stick and every time iI insert it I get the Broken device not recognised error and I click the error off. Occasionally the message pops up after about five minutes that the device is installed and it is recognised as a valid USB device; but it has 0 bytes memory??? I gave up and removed the USB Stick. Then I noticed something odd when I tried to Play a video on YouTube; the same thing happened playing an audio file... The Speaker Icon in The Notification section of the Task bar is meant to allow you to set the system volume etc.. The volume was too high even when turned down in the You Tube or Audio player. So I went to the Volume icon and it was gone. The only way I could get it back was to restart the Computer. Why should a USB Device error remove the Volume control? Windows 10 is getting quirkier by the day. It's not a real issue; but I would love to know the connection to the Unknown/Faulty USB device error and Sound control. Anyone? And before you ask...No I have not Updated to the Anniversary Update yet. (and after seeing the issues people are having I don't want to)

:)

Lord zaeon, Aug 22, 2016
  2. bart---01 Win User

Cannot connect N73 via cable!

Hi!

This kind of error message "Cannot recognize the USB device..." comes from Windows. The error message means that Windows detects that something has connected to the USB port but is not able to understand the connected hardware. "Cannot recognize the USB device..."
    is a hardware related problem.

-Propably you have too many USB devices connected to the PC and there is no enought power available for all devices.

-The delay in reading the connected USB device is too long.

-The connected hardware is broken (cable, or phone or connectors)

-The Windows device interface is copputed -> reinstall Windows.

I have same problem with my older laptop and my USB memorystick.

Same problem appears also, if I have a too long USB extension cable between my PC and my USB device.

bart---01, Aug 22, 2016
  3. USB ports fried when I connected my Focus

What strikes me as odd about this is that normally if a USB device tries to draw too much current the USB port will shut off to protect itself and Windows will give an error about the current problem.

|
    http://www.j2i.net | Windows Phone Developer MVP | Software Engineer

Joel Ivory Johnson, Aug 22, 2016
  4. Ethelwulf Win User

Odd problem with USB device Broken Error

Ethelwulf, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

Odd problem with USB device Broken Error

1. Odd problem with USB device Broken Error - Similar Threads - Odd problem USB

2. Broken USB Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken USB Devices: I recently spilled a little bit of water on my laptop. I unplugged and removed the battery immediatelyalthough there didn't seem to be any immediate damage. After allowing it to dry for a week, I reconnected everything, and turned it on. I immediately noticed that there was a...
  3. Broken USB Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken USB Devices: I recently spilled a little bit of water on my laptop. I unplugged and removed the battery immediatelyalthough there didn't seem to be any immediate damage. After allowing it to dry for a week, I reconnected everything, and turned it on. I immediately noticed that there was a...
  4. Broken USB Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Usb Device Problem

Usb Device Problem: I've been having problems with my usb devices for over a year. This problem first started after an update to windows 10, the wifi constantly reset itself. Errors such as code 10 code 43, device unavailable, were constantly appearing and I could not use wifi. Neither myself...
  6. Problems with a USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with a USB device: I have a Razer Orbweaver that has been working for over two years now, and all of a sudden the last Win update? it stopped. Working with Razer tech support, I have uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software/drivers, flushed my system of anything Synapse or Razer, re-installed the...
  7. Problems with a USB device

Problems with a USB device: I have a Razer Orbweaver that has been working for over two years now, and all of a sudden the last Win update? it stopped. Working with Razer tech support, I have uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software/drivers, flushed my system of anything Synapse or Razer, re-installed the...
  8. Problems with a USB device

9. Problem with a USB device

Problem with a USB device: In Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers it says "Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)". If I double click this entry and chose "View All Events" and then double click the "Error" entry I see the following: Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0001\5&215af1b4&0&13 had...
  10. USB devices problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB devices problem: My USB devices shows up as "unspecified" on the control panel. submitted by /u/Windows10User2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dydp9p/usb_devices_problem/