Windows 10: Odd text issue with Chrome but not Edge. How to correct?

Discus and support Odd text issue with Chrome but not Edge. How to correct? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have an odd issue with some fonts on the Chrome browser, but only when on a few websites, where some of the fonts look shorter than they should but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by GARoss, Mar 21, 2016.

1. GARoss Win User

Odd text issue with Chrome but not Edge. How to correct?

I have an odd issue with some fonts on the Chrome browser, but only when on a few websites, where some of the fonts look shorter than they should but when using the Edge browser all looks fine. In my attached example it is the lower case "f"s that are too short. There must be a setting in Chrome that I have not found & need advice how to fix the f's.

Any ideas besides switching browsers?

:)

GARoss, Mar 21, 2016

2. Losing Favorites In Edge?

Interesting development. I imported my IE favorites to Google Chrome then I imported the Chrome favorites into Edge. Guess what. I started loosing some of the same Favorites from the Chrome import to Edge as the IE import to Edge.

That seems really odd.

GeneArquilla, Mar 21, 2016
  3. HTTP 500 error

Have a same issue.

Chrome, Firefox display customized 500 error page that a server responsed.

but Edge show own error page "HTTP 500 error That's odd... Microsoft Edge can’t find this page"

EvgenyZyuzin, Mar 21, 2016
  4. GARoss Win User

A real stumper, eh? Found a fix!

Chrome offers an extension called Font Changer which will customize fonts at all websites, overriding their fonts to your preferred fonts. I set Font Changer to Helvetica & this change fixed the lower case "f" problem. All of this was odd because the issue only affected double "f"'s, not single "f"s. Note in my screen grab above under Google Chrome that the "ff"s in affordable are lower case but the single "f" in "f1.7" is normal. Odd, but Font Changer ​fix that!

GARoss, Mar 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Odd text issue with Chrome but not Edge. How to correct? - Similar Threads - Odd text issue

2. Text not displaying correctly in Chrome on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Text not displaying correctly in Chrome on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If the Fonts or Text is not displaying correctly in the Google Chrome browser on Windows 11/10 then this post may be able to help you. The issue could occur if the Font settings have been disturbed. Text not displaying correctly in Chrome on Windows 11/10 To fix text...
  3. Odd Text Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Text Display: Hi All, Having a bit of an odd issue which I'm also struggling to explain. This has limited my abilities to search for answers.This is a program that installs AI traffic for ESP Flight Simulators. It is not the only place where this is happening but it is the most obvious and...
  4. Odd Text Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd Text Display: Hi All, Having a bit of an odd issue which I'm also struggling to explain. This has limited my abilities to search for answers.This is a program that installs AI traffic for ESP Flight Simulators. It is not the only place where this is happening but it is the most obvious and...
  5. How to browse in Text-Only Mode in Chrome, Edge, or Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    How to browse in Text-Only Mode in Chrome, Edge, or Firefox: Browsing websites in Text-only mode can help you save a lot of bandwidth because it automatically blocks all images from loading. Therefore, if you want to browse in the text-only mode in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers, here is how you can do that in Windows 10. The best...
  6. How to Copy Text from a pdf File Viewed in Chrome or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Copy Text from a pdf File Viewed in Chrome or Edge: Has anyone found a way of copying highlighted text from a protected pdf file in Chrome or Edge? 174662
  7. Odd folder in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Odd folder in Chrome: Was looking for something and came across this folder in Chrome. It got me a bit worried so I restored a previous Windows image but when I updated Chrome it was back. The folders with male and female names have exactly that, a bunch of names. The password folder has a bunch...
  8. How to import chrome to edge.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import chrome to edge.: How to import chrome to edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-chrome-to-edge/213aec37-3321-43e2-8e36-f050c50f7f45
  9. Chrome & Edge are not displaying text on some websites properly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome & Edge are not displaying text on some websites properly: Hello! I've been running into a text display issue with my browsers. When I go to a certain website (eg:www.nationstates.net), all it displays is just a weird arrangements of letters, numbers and symbols. This was from Chrome, and the same issue persists in Edge. At first,...
  10. Odd text size with Google Chrome, not with MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Odd text size with Google Chrome, not with MS Edge: I've noticed this odd text display on some sites, but not all, websites using Google Chrome. MS Edge displays the same text correctly. I also use Chromium browser on Ubuntu Linux which displays correctly as well. The website is Canonwatch. The font will display a single "f"...