Windows 10: Odd Windows Sound Issue

Discus and support Odd Windows Sound Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was having trouble hearing out of my speakers on this new laptop. The volume was almost low enough I had to put my ear to the speaker to hear it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fuzbuster83, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Odd Windows Sound Issue

I was having trouble hearing out of my speakers on this new laptop. The volume was almost low enough I had to put my ear to the speaker to hear it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the sound device and made sure I got the latest drivers from HP but the sound is still very low.
    I went in to check the sound settings for the device in Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound and clicked on my sound device and clicked Configure and when it test the left and right speakers it's very loud. So I clicked on the Properties for my sound device and clicked the Advanced tab and tested there, also very loud. So I went to the volume control in the system tray and when I slide the volume control left and right I can barely hear it at 100. On a whim I opened a browser and checked a YouTube video and the sound is fine there too.
    On the surface this looks like an odd issue that doesn't effect much, but I rely on audio notifications from my PC. I have a soft phone installed and the ringer, along with Outlook mail notifications are barely audible.

Any clue what would be holding my audio back anywhere I haven't checked it?

*Mad

:)

fuzbuster83, Jun 7, 2018

2. Sound issue swith Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Sound issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in search and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the left side of the screen.
    • In the new window, click Hardware and Sound.
    • In the list of options, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • If troubleshooter doesn't fix issue uninstall and reinstall latest drivers from device manufacturer and check if the issue persist.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Odd Windows Sound Issue

1. Odd Windows Sound Issue - Similar Threads - Odd Sound Issue

2. Odd Displaying Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Displaying Issues: I have a MSI GS66 Stealth 11uh, everything works fine, screen works fine and everything. But every time I plug in an HDMI and hook up a secondary monitor into it for some weird reason it will only display on the 2nd monitor. I then will go to settings, and it says its set to,...
  3. Odd Displaying Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd Displaying Issues: I have a MSI GS66 Stealth 11uh, everything works fine, screen works fine and everything. But every time I plug in an HDMI and hook up a secondary monitor into it for some weird reason it will only display on the 2nd monitor. I then will go to settings, and it says its set to,...
  4. Odd Issue With Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Odd Issue With Windows 10: Hello, I'm hoping someone would be able to assist me with an odd issue that started occurring to me recently. Whenever I boot up my PC or restart it, instead of taking me to my user account to enter my pin at the lock screen, it automatically takes me to a different account...
  5. Odd controller issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd controller issue: Every time I connect my dualshock4 controller to my pc the settings, search bar, and home thing scroll up uncontrollably. For instance if I try to scroll through microsoft store apps it scrolls back up to the top so fast I can't even tell that I'm not scrolling down. Anybody...
  6. Odd bizarre sound issues with headsets

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd bizarre sound issues with headsets: Hello hive mind. We have several Windows 10 Lenovo E series (E580, E15) laptops on Windows 10 version 1909 that are being pure evil. We're talking embedded microphone not working after headphones unplugged, then headphones not working, etc. We've tried removing device, driver...
  7. An odd issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An odd issue: On a friends computer application files are getting the .exe file extension stripped off the name. Of course then they won't launch. Renaming the file and adding the .exe back onto the filename solves the issue temporarily but it happens again. What's even weirder is I can...
  8. Odd sound played at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Odd sound played at startup: Hello! For the past couple of days i've been hearing this odd 8 bit style sound playing at startup: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vns0l258g2b6jpo/odd__sound.mp4/file Does anything know what is causing this ?...
  9. Odd Windows loud Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd Windows loud Sound Issue: I was having trouble hearing out of my speakers on this new laptop. The volume was almost low enough I had to put my ear to the speaker to hear it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the sound device and made sure I got the latest drivers from HP but the sound is still very low. I...
  10. Odd Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Network issue: 1 x Desktop and 2 x laptops, 64 bit. Anniversary update done on all 3 machines. I now cannot access one of the laptops - network path not available , error code 0x80070035. Laptop in question has full internet access AND can access both desktop and other laptop via the...