Windows 10: oem or not??? & kernel error

Discus and support oem or not??? & kernel error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, i bought a pc 11 months ago with what i believe contained at leas win7 pro. the auto upgrade to win10 pro was done over the net and after one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gabrielsmit, May 5, 2017.

1. oem or not??? & kernel error

hi, i bought a pc 11 months ago with what i believe contained at leas win7 pro. the auto upgrade to win10 pro was done over the net and after one of the upgrades it started bsod with a message to the effect that there is a kernel error - this usually happened when there was something done with the internet connection - [sorry for the vagueness...]
    as the pc is still under guarantee i took it to the vendor and they looked at the box and, finding no oem sticker, said they cant to anything about the software as the box was bought without os.
    i attach a screenshot of the 'system' - maybe someone can tell me if this was oem software, as i do not posses win7 pro and could not have installed it.
    i know this is not the thread, but are there references to address bsod caused by 'kernel' errors
    God bless
    gabriel

:)

gabrielsmit, May 5, 2017

2. Wdf_violation, cannot reset or restore

Hello,

The WDF_VIOLATION bug check has a value of 0x0000010D. This indicates that Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) detected that Windows found an error in a framework-based driver.

Bug Check 0x10D WDF_VIOLATION

Did you create Recovery Media for Windows 8.1 prior to upgrading? If you're seeing "missing operating system errors", you need to reinstall an OS.

Smittychat., May 5, 2017
  3. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

i keep getting the same bsod can anyone help me here is what the error is

On Fri 07/10/2016 12:58:16 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100716-7921-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A2B0)

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x14C1501C35, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF800101095B5)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 07/10/2016 10:16:14 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100716-6437-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A2B0)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xA, 0x8, 0x0)

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Rizzlepixs, May 5, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

oem or not??? & kernel error

For Windows 7 and earlier click Start, right-click My Computer, click Properties. At the bottom of the panel look for what this image shows:

If it is an OEM there are letters as such in the Product ID, if it is Retail there will be 3 numbers instead of the OEM. Windows 10 messes that up making it harder to tell.

There is a small program called ShowKeyPlus linked to on this forum, might search for it to get what the key is.

Berton, May 5, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Showkey Plus is the program that you want to start with:
    ShowKeyPlus - - Windows 10 Forums

Also, if you open a Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) and run:
    slmgr /dlv

The results will tell us if you have a legitimate activation of Windows 10 or some hacked KMS activation:

oem or not??? & kernel error [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, May 5, 2017
  6. thanks all, my win10 is legit.
    attached showkey results - does that indicate an oem?

gabrielsmit, May 5, 2017
  7. Superfly Win User
    No it does not...sorry

OEM Key: OEM key not present in firmware

The seller needs to give you the key that the previously intalled OS was activated with..

Superfly, May 5, 2017
  8. Mystere Win User

It's not clear where you got the computer from. Did you get it from a third party? Or from the vendor themselves?

If it's a third party, then you will have to find out from them how the OS got there. If it's from the vendor, and it came with an OS, you will have to convince them that this is the case.

Also, unless the PC had the key embedded in the BIOS (Windows 8 or greater), there's no way to look at your OS and figure out what the original key was now that you've upgraded. Did you keep a backup?

Mystere, May 5, 2017
  9. Superfly Win User
    If that PC was Win7 there would be an OEM marker

OEM Key: OEM key not present in firmware

.. tells the story

Superfly, May 5, 2017
  10. thanks superfly and mystere, i bought the pc new from a vendor last june. i do not have win7 premium or pro or win10 pro install disks. i argue it had the os on board and they argue the lack of oem sticker indicates they sold it bare. either way it does not really matter at this stage, my word against theirs.... i took the pc back as it has frequent bsods, see image, in order to fix it as it is under warranty. now it is up to me to try and address the bsod situation without losing the win10 as i do not have access to an install disk.

gabrielsmit, May 5, 2017
  11. Mystere Win User
    Since Windows 10 was already installed, you can re-install it (as long as you use the same edition, ie home or pro) using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Choose to create an installation disk, then when you install choose "I don't have a key" and it will install, and should activate since you've already had it installed and activated.

That's assuming the vendor did not replace the system with a new one, in which case you'd be out of luck.

Mystere, May 5, 2017
  12. Superfly Win User
    Yup, I'll go with Mystere's suggestion - a re-install is required for kernel failure - the "fake" digital licence will be re-instated..

Superfly, May 5, 2017
  13. Berton Win User

I have 2 Custom computers, one originally had Win7 and the other Win8, both are now running Win10 Pro, neither has the 'built-in' OS marker.

Berton, May 5, 2017
  14. tx folks, i'll go for the usb install. i already posted the kernel issue with the necessary log file.
    have a good one!

gabrielsmit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. oem or not??? & kernel error - Similar Threads - oem kernel error

2. Kernel error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel error: Recently, the message below popped up and has been popping up every 5 minutes since. Can someone help me fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-error/375e6612-5c47-4f76-8535-51c0c8f9204e
  3. Kernel error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel error: Recently, the message below popped up and has been popping up every 5 minutes since. Can someone help me fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-error/375e6612-5c47-4f76-8535-51c0c8f9204e
  4. Kernel-Power Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power Error: I've been having a consistent issue that I might be making worse. Almost daily my computer will attempt to go to sleep and not wake up power light is blinking as though it's asleep and pressing it does nothing until hard reset or I'll put my computer into hibernate and the...
  5. Kernel Error?

Kernel Error?: HelloSince a while I have gotten some vertical lines on my screen after playing games, even the ones that don't require so much load. Everytime this happens, it restarts.This time, it got me to the Automatic diagnostic screen. I couldn't get out of it, not even after...
  6. Kernel error 41

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kernel error 41: Hello Everybody, A few months ago I faced numerous kernel 41 errors where my system rebooted without any warning nor explanation. I've run several Hardware tests to check if the GPU, CPU or RAM is corrupt but according to the tests non of my devices were broken. I...
  7. kernel error bsod

kernel error bsod: today i've gotten 2 bsods, one after another. the last time it happened i had to reinstall the whole windows os, losing everything, after doing some researches i chose to try whocrashed and it redirected me on this forum, i've used the tool as the tutorial said and i'm...
  8. Kernel Power Error

Kernel Power Error: Lately i've been getting a Kernel Power Error sometimes it happens 2-3 times per day and sometimes it won't happen for a day or two. I think that it all started after i've done a windows update, i am not sure though. I don't get a blue screen or anything pc just shuts down....
  9. BSOD Kernel Error

BSOD Kernel Error: I was having issues crashing with Windows 7, and they continue on Windows 10. Link to Win 7 troubleshooting: Random BSOD, no minidump - Windows 7 Help Forums Maybe with a minidump now, we can figure it out! Attachment 28299 12500
  10. Kernel error

in Windows 10 Support
    Kernel error: So basically my pc was running ok. I just restarted but dont know, i didint install any programs or drivers and afther that i got a problem: Syslinux 4.06 EDD 2012-10-23 Copyright (C) 1994-2012 H. Peter Anvin et al Error : No configuration file found No Default or UI...