Windows 10: OEM Product Key - Tool Available To Reveal It

Discus and support OEM Product Key - Tool Available To Reveal It in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Newer PCs and laptops shipping with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 no longer come with a Certificate of Authenticity attached to the back or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ex_Brit, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

OEM Product Key - Tool Available To Reveal It

Newer PCs and laptops shipping with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 no longer come with a Certificate of Authenticity attached to the back or bottom of the PC. Instead, PC manufacturers have worked with Microsoft to embed the product key directly into the BIOS or EFI.
    If you need to retrieve the OEM-embedded product key from your PC, you can use this OEM product key utility to extract and show the product key programmed into your PC. Absolutely no user interaction is required, you just run the download and it immediately displays the detected product key. This product key can be used to reinstall Windows 10 and Windows 8 with a clean Windows setup CD to remove bloatware installed by the manufacturer, or to reinstall Windows after a crash or system failure.
    Link here: Windows OEM Product Key Tool

:)

Ex_Brit, Feb 20, 2015
  2. JimWynne Win User

WIN 10 for 9 days!

If Windows 8 or 8.1 was the original OEM OS, the product key is stored in the BIOS and will be retrieved when/if you revert. The product key can be extracted by using the free tool available
    here.

JimWynne, Feb 20, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 20, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Nifty! Thanks for sharing that! *Smile
    Haven't visited their site since downloading EasyBCD.
    Those guys are so 'NeoClever'! *Biggrin

Edwin, Feb 20, 2015
  5. davehc Win User
    I havn't tried that one, but have a look at Belarq. Finds all the software keys on your computer, including the OEM, and a very comprehensive list of your hardware etc.

davehc, Feb 20, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Belarc Advisoris a good tool. The neosmart tool looks good too.

7. Edwin New Member
    The new NeoSmart tool won't access the data or the lack thereof on this beta.

Edwin, Feb 20, 2015
  8. adamf Win User

This will *Smile - Windows Diagnostic Tool (WDT)

Attachment 13042

adamf, Feb 20, 2015
  9. Slartybart, Feb 21, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Superfly's older script 'ShowKey' works, this new one doesn't.

Edwin, Feb 21, 2015
  11. groze Win User
    Please correct me if I am wrong. You might be able to install windows but from my understanding you can't activate if doing a clean install unless you have one of those re-installation disk from the manufacture that includes pre-activation.

groze, Feb 21, 2015
  12. adamf Win User
    The latest build works for me on 9926 (see the picture) as does the backup and restore of activations. You should let him know if it isn't working for you as he is working on it at the moment.

adamf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OEM Product Key - Tool Available To Reveal It - Similar Threads - OEM Product Key

2. A Question about OEM Product Keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question about OEM Product Keys.: Hello guys,I know that this might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.I am wondering about OEM Keys, hence the title of this thread. I am considering switching to blendOS, or Ubuntu. Linux Distros because I have fricked up my Windows 10 installation in...
  3. A Question about OEM Product Keys.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A Question about OEM Product Keys.: Hello guys,I know that this might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.I am wondering about OEM Keys, hence the title of this thread. I am considering switching to blendOS, or Ubuntu. Linux Distros because I have fricked up my Windows 10 installation in...
  4. OEM Product Key On Pirated Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM Product Key On Pirated Windows: Am I able to use an OEM product key on pirated windows and older windows? below windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-product-key-on-pirated-windows/75ca2924-ee38-487a-9ff9-c514c3e1af43
  5. OEM Product Key On Pirated Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OEM Product Key On Pirated Windows: Am I able to use an OEM product key on pirated windows and older windows? below windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-product-key-on-pirated-windows/75ca2924-ee38-487a-9ff9-c514c3e1af43
  6. Retail and OEM product keys

Retail and OEM product keys: Hello there, I want to buy a product key to activate my OS. In the web I found that there are two types. One is using a retail keyquite expensive and other is using a OEM key. I further found that once you activate using a OEM key it is locked to that device while retail...
  7. OEM Product Key

OEM Product Key: Is it possible to retrieve my windows OEM product key when I purchase my HP Laptop way back in 2014 windows 8 pre-installed with the computer, upgraded to 10 when came out? I replaced my HD 2 years ago and I need to replace it again with SSD. I contacted HP support and he...
  8. OEM product Keys

OEM product Keys: i want to buy oem license key from amazon for my laptop is that ok ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-product-keys/63fba0b4-4c8e-432f-936f-05451ec28757
  9. Reveal Installed Product Key

Reveal Installed Product Key: Hi, I am trying to find my Installed product by using the wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey. But after hitting the enter on administrator command prompt windows its displays nothing but empty whitespace and exit. can you please help me with...
  10. OEM Product Key

OEM Product Key: I recently bought a Windows 10 Pro (OEM) and installed it on my computer which currently has a windows 10 Home ( OEM ). Then i installed the windows 10 home to my laptop. However i can't activate the product key of the said OS. I get this error "We can't activate windows on...