Windows 10: OEM Windows 10?

Discus and support OEM Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why would anyone buy an OEM windows 10 because it seems to me for a couple of dollars more just get the full version because Windows 10 will out last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lostsoul65, Oct 25, 2015.

1. OEM Windows 10?

Why would anyone buy an OEM windows 10 because it seems to me for a couple of dollars more just get the full version because Windows 10 will out last the computer you build?

:)

lostsoul65, Oct 25, 2015

2. How can a "Microsoft Authorized Partner" status be verified?

If it looks too good to be true ($60 Win 10 Pro OEM), then it probably is not.

Newegg has

Windows 10 Home OEM for $100

Windows 10 Home Retail for $140

Windows 10 Pro OEM for $140

Windows 10 Pro Retail for $200

minangkabu, Oct 25, 2015
  3. MIEKGALL Win User
    Windows10 clean install on OEM

Hi Andre Da Costa, that is by far the best answer so far OEM Windows 10? :)

however, it still does not answer the question, brand new never installed out of box OEM system with the ability to install the OEM software that I know will activate.

I want to know if the windows 10 download from Microsoft will activate via the BIOS key.

here is the theory:

• Windows10 OEM systems come with a BIOS locked key, this theoretically will activate
    • any previously installed and Activated Windows 10 will automatically Activate from a Fresh install on the same hardware. this has been tested and is 100% accurate!
    • I can install a Fresh Windows 10 on an OEM system, however the OEM EULA does not apply and the OEM does not have to support the software therefore are not obligated to assist with activation
    • as this is an OEM system Microsoft are not obligated to assist with activation.
    • once a system boots and fails activation, it will no longer activate, theory being if neither the OEM nor Microsoft are obligated to activate the product you now have a non usable product
      as far as Windows goes.
    step 5 is the reason I am not willing to actually just try it, both Lenovo and HP "support" waffle and advise to install the OEM, I just want to avoid the OEM install step prior to doing the Fresh Windows 10 install.

MIEKGALL, Oct 25, 2015
  4. OEM Windows 10?

OEM as in the OEM media or a new pc or tablet that comes with 10 preinstalled? MS is abandoning the optical media options seen with the previous versions and selling either the download or 10 media on a read only usb flash drive when at the MS online store. The two types of licenses for Full Retail and OEM are still seen however which sees the OEM for System Builder license intended to see the 10 media go along with any new system custom built for sale by a dealer. That's how that works where previously the OEM dvd woutd go with each new build since the EULA states that the media used to install the Windows OS has to be included along with any equipment sales.

The Full Retail license on the other hand allows you to transfer that license from the present system you have now to the next custom build once the present goes belly up or is put out of commission with the drives wiped clean of any Windows installations. Most wiill opt for using a secure data erasing option. The pricing for the one time buy of course is less for those who will only see one OS per machine when buying the OEM media. Newegg carries both for Home and Pro editions. windows 10 - Newegg.com

Night Hawk, Oct 25, 2015
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    Because of the price difference. I don't know about US pricing, but in the UK it's more than a couple of dollars difference in price.

Windows 10 Pro Retail = £150.33
    Windows 10 Pro OEM = £111.08

Windows 8.1 Pro Retail = £149.00
    Windows 8.1 Pro OEM = £109.99

If the price was only a couple of dollars difference, then it goes without saying that most people would just use the retail version when they build new machines. With the 'Home' version the prices are closer though, in which case if I was building a machine for myself, then I'd go for the retail version if there wasn't much difference in price.

ARC1020, Oct 25, 2015
  6. The Home OEM is $99US while the Pro OEM is $139.99 US compared to the the $119.99US Retail for Home and $199.99US for Pro. If you are only planning to buy for one machine such as a premade to upgrade from 7, 8, 8.1 you save $60 on Pro and $20 on the Home edition with the one pc only option. The Newegg link posted earlier has the US pricing there anyways while the downloads is found out only when going to make the purchase being the Retail price. At the MS store there's no difference between download or with usb flash drive.

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OEM Windows 10?

1. OEM Windows 10? - Similar Threads - OEM

2. Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change: I've a PC with valid OEM Windows 11 Pro OEM license. After changing SSD to a bigger one, MS refuses to re-activate the licensethe status of the license has remaining 1000 rearm counts...
  3. Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pro OEM re-activation SSD change: I've a PC with valid OEM Windows 11 Pro OEM license. After changing SSD to a bigger one, MS refuses to re-activate the licensethe status of the license has remaining 1000 rearm counts...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  8. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  9. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  10. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...