Windows 10: Off-topic, I know, but.. how to avoid being redirected ...

Discus and support Off-topic, I know, but.. how to avoid being redirected ... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This may/may not have something to do with Windows, I have no idea. I am using Windows 10 x64 Pro 1511 bld 10586.3 (English version) and Firefox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tfwul, Nov 13, 2015.

1. tfwul Win User

Off-topic, I know, but.. how to avoid being redirected ...

This may/may not have something to do with Windows, I have no idea.

I am using Windows 10 x64 Pro 1511 bld 10586.3 (English version) and Firefox v42.0
    When doing a 'Google-search' and get all results in English language, rightfully so.
    However, at selecting a Microsoft link, I am redirected to the Microsoft site in my native language (non-English).
    (most probably that has something to do with the Windows regional settings?)

I prefer English sites though.

How to solve this?

I am unsure about the effects... when changing the Region and Language->Country.

(just changed Control Panel -> Clock, Language and Region -> Change date,time or numbers formats
    'Date and time formats' to English and adjusted date/time settings to dd-mm-yyyy and hh:mm:ss
    That didn't change anything.

Thanks!
    ==

Off-topic, I know, but.. how to avoid being redirected ... [​IMG]

==

:)

tfwul, Nov 13, 2015
  2. Diwa---01 Win User

I know! Not a New Topic, but....

Hi Macshimi,

Try restarting your phone as well as your PC simultaneously and then try connecting once again. It worked for me this way Off-topic, I know, but.. how to avoid being redirected ... :)

Diwa---01, Nov 13, 2015
  3. I know! Not a New Topic, but....

So... no-one, not even Nokia, know what to do. HTC here I come

macshimi---01, Nov 13, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Try going to Microsoft.com (it will redirect you to Microsoft.com/nl-nl I suppose), go to the bottom left of the page and change your language there. It seems to stick if you don't clear cookies.

For onedrive, outlook.com you can change your language on your account settings...

Then change at bottom of page

Office online I can't change. For Excel it is particularly annoying as formulas have non-English names and I need to use comma instead of period for decimal separator. MS said to change it on your MS account settings (as above) but it doesn't work for me.

5. tfwul Win User
    Thanks a lot! That, indeed, did the trick!
    Again - thanks.
    =

tfwul, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Off-topic, I know, but.. how to avoid being redirected ... - Similar Threads - Off topic avoid

2. OFF TOPIC CAA50024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OFF TOPIC CAA50024: Hi, I have just reinstalled win11 because my computer crashed. When I log into my work account, this error CAA50024 appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/off-topic-caa50024/b9b0d040-1822-4c41-9b3e-eae9889543b7
  3. OFF TOPIC CAA50024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OFF TOPIC CAA50024: Hi, I have just reinstalled win11 because my computer crashed. When I log into my work account, this error CAA50024 appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/off-topic-caa50024/b9b0d040-1822-4c41-9b3e-eae9889543b7
  4. New window are slightly positioning off, how to avoid this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New window are slightly positioning off, how to avoid this?: Hi, I use Windows 11 snap to the side feature to have 2 applications showing simultaneously on my large 4k monitor. But there is a big issue : when you create a new window, this window automatically shows up with a sligh right-bottom shift. Here is an example for Google...
  5. off topic inquiry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    off topic inquiry: Missing child cant get help from most of the community and its hard to locate father custodial interference and looking for anything that im not seeing i have gone above beyond and above to locate my son jahiem amir formally a wright but name changed if u have any suggestions...
  6. How to avoid this ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to avoid this ?: I feel a need to reset my windows but don't want to loose my APPS and who knows what else: [img] 172130
  7. How to avoid being updated to Version 2004?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to avoid being updated to Version 2004?: I am currently on Windows 10 Version 1903, and quite happy with it. But now M$oft have downloaded, unasked, the update to v2004. I DON'T WANT IT. I, like many others, have been seeing reports of all sorts of glitches and evil effects with v2004. I have managed to put it on...
  8. page being redirected

page being redirected: Every time I sigh onto the aol.com page it is redirected from aol.com to guce advertising or guce.aol.comcom. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-being-redirected/241373d0-9a78-4acf-b48d-456f4a59cedb"
  9. Maybe a little off topic

in Windows 10 Support
    Maybe a little off topic: In what program could if find commands like: size=getRectangle(cmdWindow) setRect ( control, left, top, width, height, repaint ) setRect ( cndWindow, l0, 10, 200, 200, 1) Don Cole 133153
  10. What I know about these lockscreen redirections...

What I know about these lockscreen redirections...: There is usually one URL responsible for the exploits I get, and until now adblockers took care of it. They come from orgeles-hantest dot org redirects. And JUST DON'T GO THERE.... Today those redirects started to bypass adblockers by using another site to redirect to...