Windows 10: Office 2007 No Longer Converts Publisher Files to PDF

Discus and support Office 2007 No Longer Converts Publisher Files to PDF in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Since the Win 10 update this past weekend, my computer will no longer convert Office 2007 Publisher files to PDF. An error message pops up that... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by carlbarry, Jun 4, 2017.

1. carlbarry Win User

Office 2007 No Longer Converts Publisher Files to PDF

Since the Win 10 update this past weekend, my computer will no longer convert Office 2007 Publisher files to PDF.
    An error message pops up that "Publisher cannot save this file."
    It worked Friday, but once the Win 10 update was installed early Sunday morning, it will not do the conversion.

:)

carlbarry, Jun 4, 2017

2. visual studio run-time error 1226

1. MS Office Word

2. MS Office 2007

3. Adobe Converter

4. Not the same error but it tells me that PDF Maker cannot convert to Adobe PDF.

This only began after up grading to Windows 10.

gizmoandback6969, Jun 4, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    MS Word not working

OK, if you really need to save the file until you get your licencing sorted out, choose 'Print to PDF' and save the document as a PDF. You will be able to open it later with MS Word (Word will convert the PDF back to a Word Document).

With regards to the licencing issue, what version of Office are you running (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or 365)?

DaveM121, Jun 4, 2017
  4. Office 2007 No Longer Converts Publisher Files to PDF

Hi carlbarry. Welcome to the TenForums @carlbarry

What app are you defaulting to for PDF's. Had an issue a couple of weeks ago where the default app to handle PDF's had become corrupted. Couldn't do anything with PDF's

On that machine I reset default app to Adobe Reader and everything resolved itself. I used the setting "Set defaults by app".

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 4, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    What was the update? An Office update (windows update can check for updates to other Microsoft apps)? A cumulative update? The Creators Update? Something else?

There's a way in Windows 10 to make a pdf from any app, not just Publisher. Print the document and choose the 'Microsoft print to PDF' printer.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office 2007 No Longer Converts Publisher Files to PDF

1. Office 2007 No Longer Converts Publisher Files to PDF - Similar Threads - Office 2007 Longer

2. Converts PDF file to Word Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converts PDF file to Word Automatically: Each time I download and/or save a PDF my computer saves it as a Word file--everytime. It used to save them as Adobe files, and I have the latest Adobe reader. A month ago, this changed, and I have not been able to reverse it. I hope someone can help me get rid of this...
  3. i cannot anymore register a file as PDF with Office 2007.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot anymore register a file as PDF with Office 2007.: Hi everybody,i cannot anymore register a file as PDF with Office 2007. How to get it again ?I'm on Windows 8.1Help welcome.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-anymore-register-a-file-as-pdf-with/3d7e6eb8-93b3-4997-9ee6-bdc1d2000972
  4. i cannot anymore register a file as PDF with Office 2007.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot anymore register a file as PDF with Office 2007.: Hi everybody,i cannot anymore register a file as PDF with Office 2007. How to get it again ?I'm on Windows 8.1Help welcome.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-anymore-register-a-file-as-pdf-with/3d7e6eb8-93b3-4997-9ee6-bdc1d2000972
  5. convert pdf files to jpeg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert pdf files to jpeg: Does anyone know how to convert PDF files to JPEG in Windows 10? I received some pictures of a great niece that I would like to open in my photo editor so that I can print them but they came in PDF form and my photo editor will not accept PDF files. I am using Windows 10,...
  6. file convert jpg to pdf

in Windows 10 Customization
    file convert jpg to pdf: HOw can I change or file convert jpg to pdf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-convert-jpg-to-pdf/dd6f392f-0245-447c-81a8-24ba2b4e453d
  7. Office 2007 files missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 2007 files missing: Shame on Microsoft for not giving people a warning that their Office 2007 will DISAPPEAR if a PC reset NOT factory reset is performed. Even though I have purchased Office 365 it only opens old files, 2011-2017. I have lost all my current files, including tax information...
  8. HTML to PDF File Converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTML to PDF File Converter: What's a good (preferably free) HTML to PDF file converter? As always, the community input is appreciated. 100337
  9. Office 2013 and PDF files-line converter

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 and PDF files-line converter: Years ago, I used an online service to create a Resume. It was downloaded as a Pdf file. I need to update that file now but am having problems. Supposedly I could use Worrd to convert Pdf to Docx. Couldn't do it. So I used an on-line converter. Got the file, tried using...
  10. Converting a pdf file

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting a pdf file: I am using Windows 10 at the moment and am wondering if I can convert a pdf file to jpeg. Anyone know please? 79629