Windows 10: Office 2013 and PDF files-line converter

Discus and support Office 2013 and PDF files-line converter in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Years ago, I used an online service to create a Resume. It was downloaded as a Pdf file. I need to update that file now but am having problems.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by milford, Mar 21, 2018.

1. milford Win User

Office 2013 and PDF files-line converter

Years ago, I used an online service to create a Resume. It was downloaded as a Pdf file. I need to update that file now but am having problems.

Supposedly I could use Worrd to convert Pdf to Docx. Couldn't do it. So I used an on-line converter. Got the file, tried using Word to update it. The Resume is in two columns. I can change the left column, but I can't touch the right column. It won't let me enter anything in the right column.

Is there anyway around this? I tried Pdf editors, and I get the same problem. Last resort is to type the whole thing over again using a Resume Template in Word.

:)

milford, Mar 21, 2018

2. My computer started converting my PDF files to Word

My computer all of a sudden has started converting my PDF files to Word. When my clients email a PDF order it automatically shows up as Word converted. When I right click on it, it does not give me the option to open with the PDF program. How can I stop
    this? I am using Office 2013 and Windows 10

HumbertoSantanaYG, Mar 21, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    MS Word not working

OK, if you really need to save the file until you get your licencing sorted out, choose 'Print to PDF' and save the document as a PDF. You will be able to open it later with MS Word (Word will convert the PDF back to a Word Document).

With regards to the licencing issue, what version of Office are you running (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or 365)?

DaveM121, Mar 21, 2018
  4. Kyhi Win User

5. milford Win User
    Nope. Converted into something strange with a lot of symbols. I'd have to correct each line before editing.

milford, Mar 21, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    Might be necessary to know which Font was used during creation and if it exists on the computer.

Berton, Mar 22, 2018
  7. milford Win User
    Haven't a clue. This Resume was about 4 years ago. It contains at least 4 different fonts for body, headers, italics, bold, whatever. Mabe I should just start all over again with a Word Template.

milford, Mar 22, 2018
  8. Sven1458 Win User

I guess I am missing something, because I have office 2013 and I can open pdf files and edit them and then save them again as pdf files.

Don't know why you can't
    Sven

Sven1458, Mar 22, 2018
  9. milford Win User
    Let me try this....

aaaaaaaaaaa ............................ aaaaaaaaaaaa
    bbbbbbbbbb .............................bbbbbbbbbbb
    cccccccccccc .................................ccccccccccccc

Pretend these are two columns. I can access, move, change the one on the left. The one one the right, I can't. Don't know why.
    And I had to put the dots in this post, otherwise I couldn't separate them.

milford, Mar 22, 2018
  10. Berton Win User
    Did you tab or space over to get to the right column?

There's 2 ways possible, one is to use Columns on the Page Layout tab and the other is to use Insert, Table with only 2 cells and remove the borders when done.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Office 2013 and PDF files-line converter - Similar Threads - Office 2013 PDF

2. PDF scans not converting in Word 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    PDF scans not converting in Word 2013: Running Windows 10 Home v.20H2 Can anyone tell me why PDF scans of documents made by my HP Deskjet 2700 are not being converted to an editable .doc format when I open them in MS Word 2013. Although Epson scan save them as .pdf, MS word still treats them as pictures. However,...
  3. convert pdf files to jpeg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert pdf files to jpeg: Does anyone know how to convert PDF files to JPEG in Windows 10? I received some pictures of a great niece that I would like to open in my photo editor so that I can print them but they came in PDF form and my photo editor will not accept PDF files. I am using Windows 10,...
  4. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2013: Hello, I have replaced my Win 8.1 laptop pc with a new Win Home 10S laptop and I want to transfer my licensed Office 2013. I have a key that I used to download but not sure where I got it. The product was purchased at a store. I don't see it listed in the MS Store along...
  5. file convert jpg to pdf

in Windows 10 Customization
    file convert jpg to pdf: HOw can I change or file convert jpg to pdf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-convert-jpg-to-pdf/dd6f392f-0245-447c-81a8-24ba2b4e453d
  6. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 2013: I have a PC and when I purchased it I also bought Office 2013. I upgraded the computer to Windows 10. It has a newer version of Office that I must rent. The old Office 2013 is still there. Now when I open a saved Word document, it opens it in Wordpad not Word. How do I...
  7. HTML to PDF File Converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTML to PDF File Converter: What's a good (preferably free) HTML to PDF file converter? As always, the community input is appreciated. 100337
  8. office 2013

office 2013: So i installed my office 2013 and it i guess trying to install the update threw windows update seems like service pack 1 is stuck at 14% and never moves. any idea or way to restart the updates 12440
  9. Office 2007 No Longer Converts Publisher Files to PDF

Office 2007 No Longer Converts Publisher Files to PDF: Since the Win 10 update this past weekend, my computer will no longer convert Office 2007 Publisher files to PDF. An error message pops up that "Publisher cannot save this file." It worked Friday, but once the Win 10 update was installed early Sunday morning, it will not do...
  10. Converting a pdf file

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting a pdf file: I am using Windows 10 at the moment and am wondering if I can convert a pdf file to jpeg. Anyone know please? 79629