Windows 10: Office 2013: something weird

Discus and support Office 2013: something weird in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, In the following screenshot you can see Excel 2013 running on my system. [img] - Why isn't the letter "E" lighted on my Start Menu?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joanne, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Joanne Win User

Office 2013: something weird

Hi,

In the following screenshot you can see Excel 2013 running on my system.

Office 2013: something weird [​IMG]

- Why isn't the letter "E" lighted on my Start Menu?

This happens with the rest of the Office 2013 programs. For example, in my screenshot you can see the letter "W" lighted. If I will press "W" though it will NOT show me Word 2013 in the list of the results.

Thank you.

PS: on my other Win 10 Home - Insider installation the Office 2016 trial that I use functions properly.

:)

Joanne, Jul 29, 2015

2. Start Button doesn't work!

Is there a SIMPLE way to get my START button back in Windows 10? I am NOT A PROGRAMMER!! Please stop telling me how to enter commands!

Office 2013, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Three issues with Windows 10

Hi There:

I have three issues with Windows 10 since the upgrade.

1. The security thinks that my Windows 8 sign in (my name) is not allowed to access my documents. I will try to change the security to include my Windows 8 account name but it forgets the security settings.

2. I mistakenly clicked on Office 365 for something. It then offered to download a few other office applications that I already have on my version of Microsoft Office 2013. I did not download them because I already have them. Then my Microsoft Office 2013
    went bad and gave me error messages. I reinstalled it. Now there are absolutely no start menu links for any of my office applications. Even when I use Cortana or the search field, nothing from Microsoft Office 2013 comes up.

3. After the upgrade to Windows 10, my network / users / public folder is no longer reachable. My public folder comes up on my desktop that I am on, but shows as some weird file name from other computers and is not accessible on my network or homegroup from
    other computers.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Kevin

KevinTsukroff, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Joanne Win User

So, anyone with Office 2013 to check this on his/hers system? Is this happening to me only?

Thanks.

Joanne, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Akane Win User
    For me it's show up *Smile

Office 2013: something weird [​IMG]

Akane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Office 2013: something weird - Similar Threads - Office 2013 something

2. Office 2013 problems with excel 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 problems with excel 2013: Hi i am using excel 2013 and have a spreadsheet with two works sheets and a couple of days ago i thought i had hidden quite a few rows at the top of the sheet. But today i loaded it back up and i am not able to unhide them so i might have deleted them? But what is puzzeling...
  3. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2013: Hello, I have replaced my Win 8.1 laptop pc with a new Win Home 10S laptop and I want to transfer my licensed Office 2013. I have a key that I used to download but not sure where I got it. The product was purchased at a store. I don't see it listed in the MS Store along...
  4. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 2013: I have a PC and when I purchased it I also bought Office 2013. I upgraded the computer to Windows 10. It has a newer version of Office that I must rent. The old Office 2013 is still there. Now when I open a saved Word document, it opens it in Wordpad not Word. How do I...
  5. Office 2013 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2013 updates: I have uninstalled Office 2013. However, windows updates keeps prompting to install missing updates for Office 2013. A Microsoft technician tried to help remotely, it worked right after, but the same problem returned the next time I ran Windows update check. Even my anti...
  6. Office 2013 deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2013 deactivated: Last April (2016) I purchased Office 2013 pro from NerdsforLess and received a product key which I applied to download from MS website. A couple weeks ago this product was deactivated by MS. I could not re-apply product key either over the Internet or by phone. I talked to MS...
  7. SharePoint and Office 2013

SharePoint and Office 2013: Hi, you can use OneDrive for Business with Office 2013 ProPlus, not having a SharePoint account? Thank you *sarc 67626
  8. office 2013

office 2013: So i installed my office 2013 and it i guess trying to install the update threw windows update seems like service pack 1 is stuck at 14% and never moves. any idea or way to restart the updates 12440
  9. Office 2013 updates

Office 2013 updates: Office Update Tuesday. Got these today. [img] Jim *Cool 99633
  10. MS Office 2013

MS Office 2013: I have a fully licensed copy of MS office 2013. I have been sent a word.doc attachment on an email and saved it to the HDD, but Word refuses to open it!!!! 52061