Windows 10: Office 2016 - Custom Install

Discus and support Office 2016 - Custom Install in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have used various Office product throughout the years and on install had the opportunity to "Custom Install" which allowed all types of changes from... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Jimmyb, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Jimmyb Win User

Office 2016 - Custom Install

I have used various Office product throughout the years and on install had the opportunity to "Custom Install" which allowed all types of changes from programme file locations to programmes to be loaded.
    My (detachable) laptop has a limited hard-drive size, and I would like to just install Outlook, Word and Excel, however I am not given the opportunity to choose what is install, and if I go to "add/remove programmes" I see uninstall; change; repair; however the change (which use to allow change of programmes loaded) does not give me the choice.

:)

Jimmyb, Dec 14, 2017
  2. JGT
    jgt Win User

import office customizations from office 2013 to office 2016

I'm in the process of upgrading from Office 2013 Pro to Office 2016 Pro Plus (both are x32). I've exported all of my customizations on my old system from each office application, now I want to import them into Office 2016. I ran the process using Excel
    but in Excel 2016 I do not see my customizations. In the past when I had to rebuild my system, after installing Office 2013 I could import my settings from my
    EXPORTEDUI files. Can I export my Office 2013 settings to Office 2016?

3. Ernie San Win User
    import office customizations from office 2013 to office 2016

Hello,

With regards to your concern about importing Office customization from Office 2013 to Office 2016, we highly recommend posting your concern in our TechNet forum on this
    link for better assistance. Our
    TechNet is a web portal for our IT professionals that specialize plug-ins or add-ons. To do so, follow the step in this article on
    how to create a post in TechNet.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance.

Ernie San, Dec 14, 2017
  4. Laurent Win User

Laurent, Dec 14, 2017
  5. Jimmyb Win User
    @Laurent Very interesting, and i will look closer when i run my laptop up, however I am not streaming Office 2016, but installing from a CD.

Jimmyb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Office 2016 - Custom Install - Similar Threads - Office 2016 Custom

2. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2016: I HAD OFFICE 2016 DOWNLOADED, INSTALLED, AND ACTIVAED IN MY MS ACCOUNT. IT WAS INSTALLED AND WORKING ON A COMPUTER FOR A YEAR UNTIL I "CLEANED" THE COMPUTER AND UNINSTALLED IT. I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED AND REINSTALLEDIT ON THE SAME COMPUTER USED BEFORE. I COULD NOT ACTIVATE IT....
  4. Office Professional Plus 2016 - Can't customize the ribbon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office Professional Plus 2016 - Can't customize the ribbon: I can't I even choose the items in the in the ribbon on my computer for Office Professional Plus 2016. This is my computer and I should be able to set it up for the way I use it. Ruth* Original title: Office Professional Plus 2016...
  5. Office 2016 Custom installation or full?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 Custom installation or full?: Just a quick poll out of curiosity, for those of you who have Office 2016 or other Office versions, do you select Custom or full install? Because I usually select Custom because I only use Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. I know it depends on what Office apps one is...
  6. OFFICE 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OFFICE 2016: RESPECTED SIR/ MA'AM I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 STILL AVAILABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/93c5c231-94de-44e9-a78b-35e78eed65ae
  7. Office 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 2016: I had pruchased from Office Depot a license for Office 2016. My computer crashed and I had to reinstall and can't find my license number. Is there any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/6dfb2c1e-e29d-49c8-95a4-d58bc2809253"
  8. Office 2016 Installation Failed

Office 2016 Installation Failed: So I was trying to install Office 2016 Pro Plus (Volume licence) and every time I try it just ends up with Microsoft Office encountered an error during setup. This is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea why it's happening (since it doesn't display any specific error...
  9. Error installing Office 2016

Error installing Office 2016: HELP!!! I always get an error before the installer finish its installation. In my Previous OS(Windows 7 Ultimate), Office 2016 works fine. Few weeks after Installing Windows 10, something went wrong and everytime I open Word it asks to repair it. I already tried repairing...
  10. Office 2016 installation stuck "Finalizing Installation"

Office 2016 installation stuck "Finalizing Installation": Microsoft Office 2016 won't finish installing, it has been stuck on "finalizing installation. This may take a few minutes" for over a half an hour now. the progress bar is about three quarters full and has been for more than a half an hour. I googled the problem but only junk...