Windows 10: Office 2016 remove 'Tell me what you want to do' option from ribbon

Discus and support Office 2016 remove 'Tell me what you want to do' option from ribbon in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Not strictly a Windows 10 question, but does anyone know how to remove the Office 2016 'Tell me what you want to do' option from the ribbon? Thanks... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Mr Morgan, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Mr Morgan Win User

Office 2016 remove 'Tell me what you want to do' option from ribbon

Not strictly a Windows 10 question, but does anyone know how to remove the Office 2016 'Tell me what you want to do' option from the ribbon?

Thanks

:)

Mr Morgan, Dec 17, 2017

2. installing upgrade from 7 to 10, conflict with 2010 click to run which isn't there and can't be deleted

Windows 7

• In Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.

Note In Classic view, double-click Programs and Features.

• Click Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010, or
      Microsoft Office Starter 2010.

• For the Remove Office user settings check box, do one of the following:

• If you want to save Microsoft Office settings, such as Ribbon customizations, do not select the check box.

• If you don't want to save the Office settings, such as Ribbon customizations, or if you are having a problem with settings that you want to fix, select the check box.

Note If you want to save the Ribbon customizations but not the other Office settings,

export the Ribbon customizations
      first (Ribbon customizations are not available in Office Starter 2010).

• Click Uninstall.

Note: If you still can't delete it you may need to REINSTALL it and then uninstall it as per the directions given above.

CassieMorrisonMN, Dec 17, 2017
  3. AdiAbinun Win User
    MegaMenus with Icons and controls

Megamenus with icons and controls(also ribbons like 3ds max and office have)such more easy to find what you want.
    ex.

{removed link}

AdiAbinun, Dec 17, 2017
  4. Office 2016 remove 'Tell me what you want to do' option from ribbon

Caledon Ken, Dec 17, 2017
  5. Mr Morgan Win User
    Mr Morgan, Dec 17, 2017
  6. I think we all want to be able to customize everything and as everything is virtual we expect it can be done. That said the vendors are saying why should I build all this functionality into every aspect, no one will pay the final cost and will move to cheaper products.

I hear you though.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office 2016 remove 'Tell me what you want to do' option from ribbon

1. Office 2016 remove 'Tell me what you want to do' option from ribbon - Similar Threads - Office 2016 remove

2. Plz tell me what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plz tell me what to do: I have window 10 fully updated hp pavilion notebook pc I have a short range issue with all bluetooth device pairing with my laptop it is having crack sound when moved around 15-20 cm from laptop please help....
  3. please tell me what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please tell me what to do: hello thanks for information , but i have another problem with my computer. my computer and external hard disk work very good for more than a year . i one day my computer speaker did not work i try to back up speaker but still did not work . then i try to recovery my computer...
  4. please tell me what to do

please tell me what to do: hello thanks for information , but i have another problem with my computer. my computer and external hard disk work very good for more than a year . i one day my computer speaker did not work i try to back up speaker but still did not work . then i try to recovery my computer...
  5. How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?

How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?: I just want to change the power settings. It tells me I want PowerPoint and won't let me remove the "point" or change anything, or give me anything that tells me how to change the power settings. It tells me I want Office, not off. No, I don't want Office. I want to turn the...
  6. How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search for what I want, not what it tells me I want?: I just want to change the power settings. It tells me I want PowerPoint and won't let me remove the "point" or change anything, or give me anything that tells me how to change the power settings. It tells me I want Office, not off. No, I don't want Office. I want to turn the...
  7. Office Professional Plus 2016 - Can't customize the ribbon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office Professional Plus 2016 - Can't customize the ribbon: I can't I even choose the items in the in the ribbon on my computer for Office Professional Plus 2016. This is my computer and I should be able to set it up for the way I use it. Ruth* Original title: Office Professional Plus 2016...
  8. You tell me what it is? Original Windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    You tell me what it is? Original Windows ?: Is this the original Windows? What do I need to notice if I want to understand the original Windows? Please mark me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-tell-me-what-it-is-original-windows/57ad6772-24b9-4fd5-9939-12282bd3b651
  9. Office 2016 Preview Start apps with SMALL Ribbon ??

Office 2016 Preview Start apps with SMALL Ribbon ??: Hi there Is there any setting where I can set the MINIMIZED ribbon to default. It's no real pain to press CTRL+F1 but I'd rather have the apps start with the minimized ribbon. Cheers jimbo 5935
  10. Remove Onedrive -Personal from Office 2016?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Remove Onedrive -Personal from Office 2016?: Does anyone know how to remove it as a save place or at least as the default save as place? I lose track of more files that way. When in a hurry I think I am saving to documents and I end up saving to onedrive. I have removed it from file explorer but can't figure out how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel 2016 remove tell me what you want to do

2. office remove tell me

3. remove tell me what you want office 2016

4. remove tell me what you want to do,
  5. how to reomve tell me from office,
  6. office 2016 remove tell mw waht