Windows 10: Office 2016 suddenly giving metered connection (on a LAN) !!

Discus and support Office 2016 suddenly giving metered connection (on a LAN) !! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there I'm using a desktop on a LAN and now when I get into outlook I'm getting a "Metered connection" warning and a prompt to "connect anyway".... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Aug 13, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Office 2016 suddenly giving metered connection (on a LAN) !!

Hi there

I'm using a desktop on a LAN and now when I get into outlook I'm getting a "Metered connection" warning and a prompt to "connect anyway".

Really annoying this -- I'm on a totally unlimited broadband package and this only seems to happen on one machine. On another laptop same program (Office 2016) on Same Lan doesn't issue message.

Any ideas anybody --I've switched off as a test every setting I can find for WIFI - still get that annoying message.

I've re-booted and reset the router --still the same B/S.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 13, 2017

2. How do I turn off the Metered Connection Warning in Outlook 2016?

Yes, I did change the permissions appropriately. I think this is a bug with Office 2016. Even though I'm able to change the Registry values after changing the permissions, Outlook still presents the Metered Connection warning.

RandallHanley, Aug 13, 2017
  3. AcrumQ Win User
    Something happened, we couldn't install a feature.

I'm Having the exact problem and my computer connected to the Internet through LAN connection, i tried to use VPN , and there is no metered connection option in the LAN adapter.

AcrumQ, Aug 13, 2017
  4. Try3 Win User

What is shown in Settings, Network, Ethernet, Manage known networks, {the network in question}, Properties, Set as metered connection?

Denis

Thema:

1. Office 2016 suddenly giving metered connection (on a LAN) !! - Similar Threads - Office 2016 suddenly

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  3. Metered Network blocks local LAN traffic. The LAN isn't metered, only the WAN. How to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered Network blocks local LAN traffic. The LAN isn't metered, only the WAN. How to...: We have 5 computers on LAN, needing to share data, print, and send workstation backups to a NAS.This LAN has a router using 5G Cellular Hotspot as WAN connection.We've told Windows the it's a metered network to avoid downloading Windows Updates and the like.Problem is our...
  4. Metered Network blocks local LAN traffic. The LAN isn't metered, only the WAN. How to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metered Network blocks local LAN traffic. The LAN isn't metered, only the WAN. How to...: We have 5 computers on LAN, needing to share data, print, and send workstation backups to a NAS.This LAN has a router using 5G Cellular Hotspot as WAN connection.We've told Windows the it's a metered network to avoid downloading Windows Updates and the like.Problem is our...
  5. Metered Connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered Connections: How do I change my settings so I can connect to WI-FI? At the moment, it says I can only use an ethernet cord which is not an option. I have a ASUS Desktop running on Windows 10 PRO....
  6. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  7. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  8. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...
  9. Office 2016 suddenly failed after update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 suddenly failed after update: I have one user with Office Pro 2016 running on Windows 10 Pro, and everything was perfect from day one, until 2 days ago. Outlook would not start up. Just opens and dies. I tried to run online repair and it gives error 30088-26. I tried to uninstall it and even that failed....
  10. Office 2016 has suddenly become Office 365. Is this normal?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 has suddenly become Office 365. Is this normal?: Until recently I had Office 2010 installed on my laptop, but after serious software problems, the technician at the university department where I work replaced it with Office 2016. Last night I added some additional language packs to Office, and then noticed when I started...