Windows 10: Office 365 apps freeze on startup, save, and Start Slideshow

Discus and support Office 365 apps freeze on startup, save, and Start Slideshow in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Every time I open Powerpoint or Word, they freeze and I have to close them in the task manager. When I open them again they work fine. And sometimes... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by pjmcguirk85, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Office 365 apps freeze on startup, save, and Start Slideshow

Every time I open Powerpoint or Word, they freeze and I have to close them in the task manager. When I open them again they work fine. And sometimes when I try to save a document, it freezes so I lose a good portion of the document.

Also on Powerpoint whenever I try to insert a video, when I click Start Slideshow it freezes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office twice. Is there a way to figure out what might be causing this problem? I can take screenshots of anything necessary.

:)

pjmcguirk85, Apr 16, 2017
  2. Nial Ball Win User

Office is preventing computer from starting

I have a recurring problem. I have Windows 10 and I had MS Office 365 Pro installed. I added a new mail account and the next time I tried to start the computer it would not start.

I attempted to carry out a startup repair without success.

I went into Safe Mode with network and when I tried Outlook it would not work. I also tried other Office apps and they would not work either. I could not uninstall Office 365 from Programs and Features so I went on line and used the uninstall tool from the
    Office web site.

After uninstalling I rebooted without a problem and carried out a reinstall of Office 365 2016 version. It worked for a day and then failed to boot! Again, from safe mode I uninstalled Office 365. Again I rebooted without problems and again I reinstalled
    Office 365 but the 2013 version. I thought I had fixed it but tonight, after a couple of days trouble free, it will not boot and shows exactly the same symptoms!

I just tried a startup fix and it's failed so I'm just about to go into Safe Mode and scrap MS Office again!! And I pay for this hassle!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nial

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Nial Ball, Apr 16, 2017
  3. office 365 admin needed to stop skype from starting on windows 10

I have a user claiming Skype for business automatically starts in windows 10 even after having done all the steps to disable it locally and says it appears that since we have a corporate subscription to Office 365, only I (office 365 admin) can make
    it stop. I cannot find any information supporting his claim. Is there anything I should know about regarding office 365 and controlling skype startup?

Tim Boelter, Apr 16, 2017
  4. Office 365 apps freeze on startup, save, and Start Slideshow

Hi pjmcguirk85

Did this just start recently? Could you share Windows version and build number you are using?

Is anything being logged in the event manager, especially in the application logs, when it freezes?

Have you ensure that all updates for Office 365 are installed? Click File, Account, on right hand side there should be info on Updates.

If you also check Windows update history are there any failed updates.

On your inserting a video I found this, first problem listed.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US

You will notice links for Office products on the left.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 17, 2017
  5. Thanks for getting back to me. I just learned to live with it because it seems very daunting to try and fix. I just open up task manager before opening and shut it down immediately through task manager and then open it up again. That seems to fix it.

pjmcguirk85, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office 365 apps freeze on startup, save, and Start Slideshow

1. Office 365 apps freeze on startup, save, and Start Slideshow - Similar Threads - Office 365 apps

2. Office 365 Apps won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365 Apps won't install: So I Purchased a Couple of Copies of Microsoft Office 365 Personal a Few Months ago and I Redeemed Both of them on Windows 11 Laptops, and I do not see any Office Apps on Either of them even though they would install normally on my Desktop PC Running Windows 11 Home and the...
  3. Office 365 Apps won't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 365 Apps won't install: So I Purchased a Couple of Copies of Microsoft Office 365 Personal a Few Months ago and I Redeemed Both of them on Windows 11 Laptops, and I do not see any Office Apps on Either of them even though they would install normally on my Desktop PC Running Windows 11 Home and the...
  4. OFFICE 365 SAVE AS option

OFFICE 365 SAVE AS option: What has happened to the Save As option on Word in Office 365? Saving a copy doesn't work at all, so I've wasted a whole day ensuring that I save a copy then go in to amend the document, save it under another name, and it still did not amend the document until I pressed on...
  5. Office 365 Apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 Apps not working: My Office 365 downloaded apps require "Repair" however when I click repair NOW nothing happens. The Apps Word Excel & Access shut down after being opened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365-apps-not-working/bc7509b6-e315-4742-b997-508e8e2ef803
  6. Office 365 as well a Office Show in Setting/Apps

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 as well a Office Show in Setting/Apps: I just noticed that both Office 365 and plain old Office show up in Settings/Apps and I wonder why? As far as I know I installed and use only 365 (Outlook, Word and Excel) not Office. Any idea how 'Office' got in the Apps list as well as my Start menu. Can I uninstall it?...
  7. Office 365 & Windows Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 365 & Windows Store apps: Office 365 apps not working Properly and windows store apps also not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365-windows-store-apps/21d07aba-02c5-455c-9d2d-2d7f7122f821"
  8. Microsoft Redesigning the Office App Icons for Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Redesigning the Office App Icons for Office 365: Design is becoming the heart and soul of Office. Learn how we evolved our visual identity to reflect the simple, powerful, and intelligent experiences of Office 365. [img] Whoever said that nothing is more intimidating than the blank page probably never faced a redesign....
  9. Office 365 Apps Aren't Working

Office 365 Apps Aren't Working: All of my office 365 apps are opening, but I can't type in any of them or use them or move between tabs. They also aren't showing up in my Apps list in settings either, there are a lot of apps listed as "Microsoft Visual C + +"....
  10. Office 365 sometimes unable to start

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 sometimes unable to start: Out of nowhere in last few days I boot up and try to launch an office program such as word or excel and get met after several seconds of nothing with a dialogue box of blah, blah, excel, or winword is unable to start and some innocuous code. Press ok to close. And it just...