Windows 10: Office 365 Outlook will not send emails since update to win 10

Discus and support Office 365 Outlook will not send emails since update to win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since updating to Windows 10 my Office 365 Outlook will not send emails - error unable to connect to network - yet it receives them OK and if I go to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jsel, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jsel Win User

Office 365 Outlook will not send emails since update to win 10

Since updating to Windows 10 my Office 365 Outlook will not send emails - error unable to connect to network - yet it receives them OK and if I go to account settings and use 'Test' it sends and receives OK this is true of all my accounts, Hotmail, gmail and two domain accounts. All can be set up and work from the new Mail App. Have run online repair of Office 365 and rebooted to no avail, anyone any ideas

:)

2. VivianM_794, Jul 29, 2015
  3. ChrisIHolt, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Office 365 Outlook will not send emails since update to win 10

Just fixed the error!!!

Try this command from an elevated command prompt (administrator)

type - SFC /scannow

It fixed some corrupt files from the install and emails now send!

stuart3380, Jul 29, 2015
  5. jsel Win User
    Stuart, thanks for that worked a treat.

6. z3r010 Win User
    Thanks, my outlook 2010 has been the same for the last few days and I hadn't had time to investigate a fix.

All working now *Biggrin

z3r010, Jul 29, 2015
  7. your welcome

stuart3380, Jul 29, 2015
  8. mkinch Win User

worked for me as well, big thanks!

mkinch, Jul 30, 2015
  9. johnrigby Win User
    Thank you, I thought I was going mad but this works for me

johnrigby, Aug 4, 2015
  10. Apologies for appearing a bit dumb, but are you saying go into command prompt to where the Hotmail OST file is and then run SFC /scannow ? ( I have Office/Outlook 2013)

bigcol1962, Aug 5, 2015
  11. dave45 Win User
    thanks for that sorted mine as well

dave45, Aug 5, 2015
  12. Yup, SFC option worked for me too. Many thanks for that.

No need to find the path within the CMD prompt window for the hotmail OST file before running it. It runs through all Windows files and fixes any corrupt files.

bigcol1962, Aug 6, 2015
  13. bueller Win User

Thank you SO much for this fix, I was tearing my hair out. The scan takes almost an hour but so worth the time to do it.

bueller, Aug 9, 2015
  14. Stu1948 Win User
    Thanks stuart3380. That has sorted me out as well

Stu1948, Aug 9, 2015
  15. Didn't work for me.

Office 365 Outlook will not send emails since update to win 10 [​IMG]

Anyone know if Microsoft are working on a fix. Outlook 2007 worked fine in all builds prior to official release & Build 10240.

WightWalker, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Office 365 Outlook will not send emails since update to win 10 - Similar Threads - Office 365 Outlook

2. not able to receive or send email on outlook 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not able to receive or send email on outlook 365: Have not been able to end or receive email on windows 10 for 3 days nowcan anyone help?Gmail works fine and so please if you send info send to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. EMAIL TRACKING WIN 10 MAIL - OUTLOOK OFFICE 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EMAIL TRACKING WIN 10 MAIL - OUTLOOK OFFICE 365: 1 How can i make Windows 10 "MAIL" program to track emails ? Windows version 20H2 OS Build 19042.746 2 and is there email tracking for Outlook on Microsoft 365 ? TY...
  4. Outlook Email Duplicating Problem on Office 365

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Email Duplicating Problem on Office 365: I use Outlook on Windows 365 on a Windows 10 Desktop. I have many sub-folders and many sub-sub folders. However, now under DELETED ITEMS, all these folders appear - empty as well as in strict alphabetical order. I would like to get rid of these extra folders, but am...
  5. Office 365 Outlook email accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Outlook email accounts: I have a subsciption to Micrrosoft Office Personal and wish to install it in a second pc (my wifes pc) but I do not wish my Outlook email account to be seen in my wifes laptop and I do not wish to see my wife's Outlook emails on my pc. If I share my Office 365 Personal...
  6. Outlook in Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook in Office 365: I updated my subscription for Office 365, all apps work fine except Outlook. I keep getting Outlook cannot logon. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft...
  7. Sending Emails in outlook express microsoft office professional 10 office

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sending Emails in outlook express microsoft office professional 10 office: When sending emails using Microsoft Office Professional 2010 (Microsoft Outlook) , they are received at the other end with Unknown Unknown followed by our email address. This happens on any account we are sending from. How can we change this?...
  8. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

in Browsers and Email
    OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails: I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method....
  9. Latest Office 365 update breaks Send to Onenote in Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Office 365 update breaks Send to Onenote in Outlook: Has anyone who uses Outlook in office 365 noticed that the latest update V1801 9001.2138 has screwed up send to OneNote, when you try to use the 'Send to OneNote' option you now appear to be only able to send to the online version as a quick note. Prior to this update you...
  10. How to enable 'send as' in Outlook (Office 365 email)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to enable 'send as' in Outlook (Office 365 email): I know this is predominantly a Windows forum but given it's all MS, the 365 forum is pants and you guys are constantly so helpful I thought i'd give it a shot here. We've got a main info@ email address (which is actually just my own as the boss, not currently a shared...