Windows 10: Office 365 Program Icons not Displayed Next to Files

Discus and support Office 365 Program Icons not Displayed Next to Files in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, I got a new computer for work, synced up Dropbox folders and files, and then, installed Office 365. None of my Office files in Dropbox show... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jmbtexas4, Apr 21, 2018.

1. jmbtexas4 Win User

Office 365 Program Icons not Displayed Next to Files

Hi,

I got a new computer for work, synced up Dropbox folders and files, and then, installed Office 365.

None of my Office files in Dropbox show the appropriate Office icon next to the file (Word, Excel, etc.)

If I click a file, it opens with the right Office program, and then, the Office icon is next to the file.

The main issue here is that the Dropbox search feature will not find the file unless the Office icon is there.

In Windows, when I go to Settings > Choose Default Apps by File Type, all the file types have the right Office program associations.

I thought this issue might have been caused by not installing Office 365 before syncing Dropbox, but I unlinked Dropbox, deleted all the folders and files and started over, but the issue remains.

What can I do to quickly get all the Office icons to show up on the files?

Thanks!

:)

jmbtexas4, Apr 21, 2018
  2. Syd731 Win User

How can I get the individual apps/programs icons in Office 365 to display on my desktop?

How can I get the individual apps/programs icons in Office 365 to display on my desktop? I am a new Windows 10 user.

Syd731, Apr 21, 2018
  3. KuleDewd Win User
    Universal app icons are not being displayed on the taskbar; Office icons not being displayed on the desktop

Ever since late January, my computer has been having some problems with displaying app icons. On the taskbar, I have pinned Microsoft Edge, File Explorer, the Windows Store, and the Xbox app. The only icon being displayed on the taskbar is the File Explorer
    icon, and the Edge, Store, and Xbox icons are missing. Even when the apps are open, they still won't show up. On the desktop, I have pinned This PC, Recycle Bin, OneDrive, and all of the applications that come bundled with Office 365. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
    OneNote, Access, Publisher and Outlook.) The Office app icons are not being displayed on the desktop, but OneDrive, This PC, and Recycle Bin icons still remain. However, when an Office program is open, the icon does show up on the taskbar. Also, when I am
    in the File Explorer interface, and I highlight a file, I notice that the icon of the program that is used to open the file is missing. However, if an Office program is used to open the file, it's icon still remains. Even photo thumbnails are missing. When
    I try to post a picture online, I can't even tell what photo I'm posting. Again, I've been having this problem for almost two months. Please help.

KuleDewd, Apr 21, 2018
Thema:

Office 365 Program Icons not Displayed Next to Files

1. Office 365 Program Icons not Displayed Next to Files - Similar Threads - Office 365 Program

2. Office 365 icons for desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365 icons for desktop shortcuts: I've created a shortcut to the power button in my taskbar of Windows 11. The options for changing the icon are limited. Is there a way to use an icon from Office 365 instead? I can't see a way to download that icon and the choose as the icon for the shortcut.Many thanks,...
  3. Office 365 icons for desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 365 icons for desktop shortcuts: I've created a shortcut to the power button in my taskbar of Windows 11. The options for changing the icon are limited. Is there a way to use an icon from Office 365 instead? I can't see a way to download that icon and the choose as the icon for the shortcut.Many thanks,...
  4. Office 365 Colourful icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office 365 Colourful icons: My Office 365 (including OneDrive) now have grey icons. Is there any way to restore them to their original colourful icons? Now it's horrible (I know it's because they are going to change the Start Menu, but please, don't break the actual one) submitted by /u/eneko613...
  5. Put the senders email address next to the display name in Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Put the senders email address next to the display name in Office 365: This question has been asked in several forums but the only working answers involved using an add-in that creates more problems than it solves. This is for people using Desktop Outlook 2016(2019). I tried the custom add-in "form" but this results in most of our email...
  6. Office 365 icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 365 icons: Hello there I am using Office 365 ProPlus because my school account,but I want to update icons. I tried to update Office 365 and when it's all complete, nothing changed. Before address Microsoft Community, I searched online about how to do it, even Microsoft Comunity....
  7. Office 365 icons are incomplete

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office 365 icons are incomplete: Suddenly, the icons for word, outlook and excel have changed to be just blocks of color in Windows 10, Office 365. so is this a problem. If so, how do I fix it?...
  8. New Insertable Icons in Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    New Insertable Icons in Office 365: We’re here today with another example of how the feedback you provide directly impacts the development of Office! When we first added Icons to Office, we got tons of great feedback that people loved them! You used them to add visual flare to your documents and...
  9. Office 365 - Program Icons disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 365 - Program Icons disappear: I purchased Office 365 along a with a new computer a few months ago. Everything was working normally until a couple of days ago and the Office 365 taskbar icons disappeared (still there but the icons are gone). I searched for the Office programs in the search bar and could...
  10. Microsoft Redesigning the Office App Icons for Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Redesigning the Office App Icons for Office 365: Design is becoming the heart and soul of Office. Learn how we evolved our visual identity to reflect the simple, powerful, and intelligent experiences of Office 365. [img] Whoever said that nothing is more intimidating than the blank page probably never faced a redesign....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office 365 is not in program files