Windows 10: Office 365 Questions

Discus and support Office 365 Questions in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I just helped a friend reinstall Office 365 after a virus incident. In a nutshell, she started seeing messages about ransomware, figured out that she... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by RhinoCan, Apr 25, 2017.

1. RhinoCan Win User

Office 365 Questions

I just helped a friend reinstall Office 365 after a virus incident. In a nutshell, she started seeing messages about ransomware, figured out that she malware, and took it to a local computer store to get the malware removed. In the process, the guy at the store advised her that she would lose some data and some applications. Anyway, I have a question now:

In the process of reinstalling her Office 365 apps - she only had Word and Excel and Outlook not the whole suite - I didn't see any option for just installing those specific parts of Office 365 so I ended up installing all of it. She doesn't really need the other parts - Access, Powerpoint, etc. - so are they going to charge her more next year because she has more of the suite? If so, do I just uninstall the parts she doesn't need to avoid the annual charge going up? Or is there some other way to handle this?

:)

RhinoCan, Apr 25, 2017

2. Office 365 Lumia 521/Win 8.0 - Copy & Paste

Hi mcw1260,

Thanks for posting!

I would suggest you to post this question on the Office 365 forum, or get in touch with Office 365 support directly;

Microsoft Office help and training - Office Support

Kind Regards,

Karolina M, Apr 25, 2017
  3. Dompotter Win User
    Lumia 735 and Activating Office 365 Personal one year subscription

Hi,

Receiving email is not the problem. My Microsoft account is working fine on the phone. Also I can see that Office is installed on the phone.

I know that I can use the Office Suite on the phone, but how would I edit them on my home PC without the full Office 365 experience?

The question is for Office 365. There is an option to 'set up' this on the phone and this fails.

Given that the offer with the phone is for one year Office 365 Personal, I would also expect to be able to download and use the office platform on my home PC - i.e. the whole point of Office 365.

So, back to my original question - how do I activate my one year Office 365 Personal, that came with the purchase of the phone?

Regards

Dom

Dompotter, Apr 25, 2017
  4. Office 365 Questions

Hi RhinoCan.

If your friend has a subscription for Office 365 she is entitled to all products and there will be no additional charge. Here is a link to their product sheet. I would not uninstall pieces and that will likely lead to trouble at some point.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/stor...0%2B365%20home

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 26, 2017
  5. RhinoCan Win User
    The thing is that I don't know what subscription(s) she had. I helped her with the original purchase but that was well over a year back and I simply don't remember all the details. I *think* she had said she only wanted Word 365 and Outlook 365 and that we only acquired those because it was cheaper to do that than to pay for the whole of Office 365. I'd like to think there is some way to see her subscriptions at Microsoft but I have no idea how to do that. Can you tell me how to see her subscriptions?

RhinoCan, Apr 26, 2017
  6. Sure, sign in with the account she is using for Office 365.

account.microsoft.com

As soon as you said you had Outlook 2016 its almost certain she has entitlement to all. Now she may have only one copy subscribed too.

You will see in the blue title bar a link titled "Services and Subscriptions"

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office 365 Questions

1. Office 365 Questions - Similar Threads - Office 365 Questions

2. Question about renewing a office 365 account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about renewing a office 365 account: Need to talk to a support agent about changing office 365 account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-renewing-a-office-365-account/4436cbd4-ac01-4c25-af98-c5da3157acd4
  3. Question about renewing a office 365 account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about renewing a office 365 account: Need to talk to a support agent about changing office 365 account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-renewing-a-office-365-account/4436cbd4-ac01-4c25-af98-c5da3157acd4
  4. Question about renewing a office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Defender for Office 365 licence question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender for Office 365 licence question: Hi!We have Microsoft 365 Business Standard licences for 43 users and we bought Microsoft Defender for Office 365 licences plan 1 for 2 users two weeks ago.Now it seems to us that all Defender plan 1 settings are available for our all 43 users. Am I right? We bought only 2...
  6. Office 365 ProPlus questions

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 ProPlus questions: Our company just upgraded to windows 10 with this software package and I have a couple of questions/issues that I am trying to resolve, both in outlook. The add in group is not shown in the home tab of outlook ribbon. Most everything that I have read indicates that this...
  7. Office 365 questions

Office 365 questions: I have not tried office 365 before, I read about it but I still have some questions. Q1. What happens if you no longer subscribe to office 365 or lose the password, will you lose past your documents that you created using office 365? Q2. Does office 365 allow you to save...
  8. Question about Office 365 and Office 2019

Question about Office 365 and Office 2019: Hi I haven't used Office for decades but in this summer I 'd probably purchase Office 2019 because of local summer deals I'd like to know. Could Office 2019 synchronize files to One Drive cloud? Another question is - If it could, and I use the Office on public PC or PC of...
  9. Office 365 question

Office 365 question: I own and have installed an activated version of Office 365. I can use any one of my apps without being signed in to Office—which is how I prefer to work. The product, as you would assume, still shows a proper license and is activated. Suddenly, Outlook will only work if I...
  10. Upgrading from Office 2016 to 365 and Outlook questions

Upgrading from Office 2016 to 365 and Outlook questions: Currently I have Office 2016 installed. I am not using OneDrive to store my files on (limited capacity). As for Outlook : data is stored locally in .pst files. I have quite multiple .pst files: multiple email accounts (Outlook, Gmail and ISP provided account), obviously all...