Windows 10: Office 365 sign in issue

Discus and support Office 365 sign in issue in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; The first time it happened was yesterday. One User at the office had purchased a new laptop and I loaded our company Office 365 on it using their... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by questorfla, May 13, 2016.

1. Office 365 sign in issue

The first time it happened was yesterday. One User at the office had purchased a new laptop and I loaded our company Office 365 on it using their company email account that the license is tied to. They later added their Gmail account to Outlook and I think this is where the problem started.

They were having many of the same issues in this thread and when checking i happened to notice that under "File/Office Account" instead of showing their Business email, it showed their Gmail account. All of their problems disappeared when I logged them out and back in using the correct account for the license tied to their copy of Office 365.

I do not know how this happened in the first place. They can still access their Gmail in Outlook and they deny chaning anything other than simply adding their Gmail account.

I checked some other systems and found several that showed the users not signed in at all to any Office Account. Yet these people were not having any problems to speak of. Is this some new setting for Office that if never setup in the first place can continue to work with no account configured and only presents problems if the wrong account is used?

On that same topic. On new systems that come 'pre-loaded' with Free Trials for Office 365 Home, should I uninstall the trial to acoid someone accidentally clicking it after they already have the Small Business Version Installed?

:)

questorfla, May 13, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

product key for office 365 please

Hi Kim, Office 365 generally does not come with a Product Key, it is locked to your Microsoft Account . . .

If you need to reinstall Office 365:

Go to Office 365 Login | Microsoft Office and if you're not already signed in, select Sign in.

Sign in with the account you associated with this version of Office.

On the Office home page, select Install Office - Install

If you are experincing another issue, please let me know . . .

DaveM121, May 13, 2016
  3. Rayds Win User
    Windows 10 Profile File Corruption

Windows Ticket # 1416827528 / Office 356 Ticket #7610400 | A few weeks ago, suddenly, Windows 10 failed to load a BSOD appeared with error message "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap", then restart. this cycle continued until the computer was powered down.

Working with the Windows team the computer became stable but Office 365 had disappeared. Windows team recommended that I contact the Office 365 team. After numerous Office 365 uninstalls & installs, functionality returned but sign-in would not occur, the
    latest Office 365 techie (a very nice person) determined that the Windows 10 Profile had become corrupted & proceeded to help setup a different Profile & Office 365 sign-in completed. Now, Office 365 will not load in either Profiles & the problem is not solved.
    Should I uninstall & reinstall Windows 10 to solve the issue?

Rayds, May 13, 2016
Thema:

Office 365 sign in issue

1. Office 365 sign in issue - Similar Threads - Office 365 sign

2. Accent color issue with Office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accent color issue with Office 365: I am using Windows 11 home 21H2 and I'd like my Office 365 title bars to not be gray so I can more easily see them. It would make it much easier for me to see the windows to click and move them if they were a color.Currnet settings are Custom, default Windows mode is Dark,...
  3. Office 365 and Windows Activation Issue...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 365 and Windows Activation Issue...: First time here, so hopefully I can explain my issue with ease. So here is what's happening:During the holidays, I haven't touched a single office app, and since yesterday, whenever I tried launching an Office App, lets say Word or Excel, an error occurs after I launch it. I...
  4. Error : 80070005 - Office 365 signing error

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Error : 80070005 - Office 365 signing error: Hi, I have recently faced a problem during my signing with office 365. [img] All the other non admin and admin account users in that computer can successfully sign in and only one admin account faces the challenge. installed windows 10 version is 1909 I have tried...
  5. Office 365 install issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 install issue: Bought new laptop with windows 10 and Office 365 from retail store, installed using the provided key, but get "error status 0xc0e90002 System 32 VC runtime not designed to run on Windows" when I try to open Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. How does this get fixed?...
  6. Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in

Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in: I have registered Word, Excel 365 & Co to my Microsoft account. Since a few weeks, these apps show me signed out when I restart my PC. When I sign in using my Microsoft account UserID, I get logged in without being asked for a password. This happens on all my PCs. When I go...
  7. OneDrive not signing in with office 365 account

OneDrive not signing in with office 365 account: Hi, I'm struggling to get a user logged back into there one drive using there office365 account since resetting there profile. They can log into office.com and see there one drive from there. When i come to log into OneDrive from the users PC i get prompted to click get...
  8. Upgrade issues Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade issues Office 365: My computer upgraded automatically last night, and now my Word document is deleting comments when I press 'Next Comment'. Googling tells me that there are issues with the 1809 upgrade, but I checked my settings (Settings/System/About) and for some reason I'm on 1803 - which...
  9. Office 365 for Mac won’t stay signed in

Office 365 for Mac won’t stay signed in: Don’t know if anyone uses macs for office. I have 365 installed on my Mac and it’s been just fine for a good couple years. But lately it seems to be intermittently signed out of my ms account when I turn the Mac on. No loss of functionality as far as I can tell ( I don’t use...
  10. Office 365 sign in issue

Office 365 sign in issue: Hi all, I had a message popup every time I loaded Outlook saying my password was about to expire in x days. When there was 3 days left I clicked on it and was asked to change my password, which I did. The next day a popup kept coming up asking for my password when I...