Windows 10: Office 365 with (2016) apps Word/Outlook Spellcheck extra features

Discus and support Office 365 with (2016) apps Word/Outlook Spellcheck extra features in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; One of my systems (out of four) that all have recently ( about 3 weeks back) been completely reloaded for Office 365 including a full run of the MS... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by questorfla, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Office 365 with (2016) apps Word/Outlook Spellcheck extra features

One of my systems (out of four) that all have recently ( about 3 weeks back) been completely reloaded for Office 365 including a full run of the MS uninstaller app first, now has a feature that many people have asked for but MS has yet to restore. On this one system spellcheck works in a way I have never seen and I would LOVE to get the same functionality onto the other systems if possible.

In our office, ONE other person out of 30 also seems to have lucked out and gotten the same setup but no one else has.
    This is Office 365 Business installing the 2016 App package. All users have the same option which is Office Insider Slow.
    Ver. 1610 build 7466.2023. The spellcheck feature I am seeing like this is in the desktop software not the Cloud version.

On the one "special" copy Spellcheck has become a much More useful and handy option. Any misspelled word is underlined in the usual red squiggly line but after that, right clicking it brings up many new options to correct.

It has the usual suggested correct spellings - but - now each of them is accompanied by a short dictionary-like definition of the word when spelled that way. PLUS they each have another black arrow that if clicked offers to read the word aloud and more important offers to make that spelling of the word into an Auto-correct option.. Right There!. No need to jump through all the usual hoops to get it added.

This same 'feature' also works in Word and all the other Office Desktop Apps on that one system. I have tried to check everything i can find that would indicate any new or different version of anything but cannot find a single change that is different between it and the other three systems my email address is licensed on. Nor can i find anything in Windows 10 configs that is different.

I have nothing in common with the one other person who also somehow ended up with this new setup either.

This actions look a little like a grammar check but isn't. Words that are spelled correctly but are not the right word for the sentence as used are underlined in a double blue line which can be clicked to get the same options along with their definitions. I have asked in several MS forums about this but gotten no replies to answer the mystery. I did run across a few posts from people asking MS to restore the option for adding the "auto correct" direct from the right click on the misspelled word as it used to be. Also a statement from MS that this was a planned FIX to happen this year.

I dont want to scrub too deeply on the one system as i am afraid this new feature will stop working *Sad and I dont want to lose it.

If anyone else has seen this and knows what it is or how to control it I would surely like to know how to activate it on my other 3 systems.

:)

questorfla, Oct 28, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Is the Outlook App for Tablets free?

The Outlook app is free. If you own an Office 365 subscription you'll get extra features.

BulldogXX, Oct 28, 2016
  3. gigsib Win User
    Is the Outlook App for Tablets free?

Thanks. No, I do not have Office 365. Open Office is more suited to my budget.

gigsib, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

Office 365 with (2016) apps Word/Outlook Spellcheck extra features

1. Office 365 with (2016) apps Word/Outlook Spellcheck extra features - Similar Threads - Office 365 2016

2. Office 2016 or Office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016 or Office 365: I think I am running Office 2016 and Office 365 Basic , I have done the search on a word document and it says 2016 but on my start up there is an icon and if I go into that I see my documents under Office 365.I have just checked my account and I have paid a subscription of...
  3. Office 2016 or Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2016 or Office 365: I think I am running Office 2016 and Office 365 Basic , I have done the search on a word document and it says 2016 but on my start up there is an icon and if I go into that I see my documents under Office 365.I have just checked my account and I have paid a subscription of...
  4. Office 2016 or Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Word spellcheck in Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Word spellcheck in Office: How can I remove the spellcheck for words like it's I write its So it doesn't always require a 'Office 2019Old spellcheck, 2003, used to remember changes in a a document, but new spellcheck doesn't, is there any way to get this back?I really miss the old Word spellcheck, from...
  6. Change Word spellcheck in Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Word spellcheck in Office: How can I remove the spellcheck for words like it's I write its So it doesn't always require a 'Office 2019Old spellcheck, 2003, used to remember changes in a a document, but new spellcheck doesn't, is there any way to get this back?I really miss the old Word spellcheck, from...
  7. Change Word spellcheck in Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Linking Outlook 2016 with Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Linking Outlook 2016 with Office 365: I have been running Exchange server 2010 on our network and recently subscribed to Office 365 online. I can access email ok on line through the Office 365 portal but cannot get Outlook 2016 on my PC to link with the online mail. Outlook 2016 on my PC (Windows 10, 64 bit...
  9. Announcing February feature update for Office 2016 for Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing February feature update for Office 2016 for Office 365: On March 9, 2017, we released the February feature update for Office 2016. To get the update immediately, open any Office 2016 app and choose File > Account > Update Options > Update Now. After you install the update, you should be running Version 1702 (Build 7870.2020)....
  10. Announcing January feature update for Office 2016 for Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing January feature update for Office 2016 for Office 365: On February 23, 2017, we released the January feature update for Office 2016. To get the update immediately, open any Office 2016 app and choose File > Account > Update Options > Update Now. After you install the update, you should be running Version 1701 (Build...