Windows 10: Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update

Discus and support Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update How to Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update

How to: Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update

How to Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update

Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 Creators Update will officially be released to the general public around April 10th 2017.

After installing the Settings -> Update & Security page inviting you to click on the Yes, show me how link to be one of the first to experience the Windows 10 Creators Update before the official release date.

If you prefer not to see this message in Windows Update until the Windows 10 Creators Update is released, you can remove it now.

This tutorial will show you how to remove the "Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it?" message from Windows Update in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to remove this message.

Note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings

HideMCTLink DWORD

(delete) - Add message
    1 = Remove message

EXAMPLE: "Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it?" message in Windows Update

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Windows_10_Creators_Update_message_in_Windows_Update.reg

Download

3. To Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Windows_10_Creators_Update_message_in_Windows_Update.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If Settings is currently open, then close and reopen Settings to Windows Update to see the change.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Apr 12, 2018

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Oct 26, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Even though the awaited Creators Update for Windows 10 is only set to arrive on April 11th, users who want to get ahead of the launch - and maybe themselves - can now update their version of Windows. Through the Windows 10 Update Assistant, Microsoft has made it possible for users to update to the latest version of windows ahead of time. After downloading and running the tool from Microsoft's website, it should display that Build 15063 is available - the official build number for the Creators Update.

The most awaited feature for the upcoming Windows update should be the Game Mode, though Beam live-streaming (which some say is better than Twitch) from the Game Bar, a PiP (picture-in-picture) mode for streaming videos while working on those pesky Excel budget .xlxs, and improved privacy settings (which aren't at the same level as the special edition built for the chinese market, though.) Microsoft's Edge is also seeing performance and security improvements, and Windows will now integrate a night mode that reduces blue light emissions - and thus the strain in your old eye globes. You can now also lock your Windows 10 PC at a distance through Windows Hello on your smartphone of choice, and can partake on some crazy Paint marathons with its improved 3D tool, which should elevate it to new, never before seen heights - maybe in the next update you can use the new Paint with Mixed-Reality products?

Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update 21ff7f0d4bea_thm.jpg

Source: Tom's Hardware
    Source: Microsoft Blogs

Raevenlord, Oct 26, 2019
  5. desennium Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Microsoft released Windows 10, code named "Threshold 1," a little over two years ago. As of May of this year, there were approximately 500 million Windows 10 devices worldwide. Originally, Microsoft predicted that Windows 10 would be installed on 1 billion devices by mid-2018. When released, Windows 10 gained huge adoption from those running Windows 7 from the "free-upgrade program" which lasted one year.

Since then however, installations have slowly declined and in July of last year, Microsoft admitted that they would miss their projected goal of 1 billion devices. Since its release, Windows 10 has had three major update releases with "Threshold 2," in 2015, "Anniversary Update," in 2016, "Creators Update" in April of this year and today marks the release of Microsoft's fourth major feature update to its operating system, dubbed "Fall Creators Update," version 1709.

Today's update brings about many new features including:
    • OneDrive On demand (formerly known as OneDrive Placeholders introduced in WIndows 8.1) a way to keep track of your files stored on OneDrive from any of your devices without having to store them locally.
    • 'My People' Hub Integration makes it easier to stay in touch with people right from the taskbar
    • Story Remix gives you to the tools and the power to create content from your photos and videos to make memorable stories
    • Windows Mixed Reality brings a new generation of augmented reality where the real world meets the digital one.
    • Fluent Design System is Microsoft's new design that will take place over the next few years with each feature update. Microsoft intends to make all products and devices one user interface and it begins with the Fall Creators Update.

Furthermore, Microsoft has made changes and brings privacy enhancements with today's update. The Fall Creators Update gives users more control of what information is being collected. Users will be greeted with the Privacy Statement on the setup process to get an idea of what information that entails. Microsoft is also adding two game anti-cheating systems, called TruePlay and Game Monitor, to address the problem of cheating similarly to what VAC (Valve Anti-Cheating) does for Steam.

The Fall Creators Update is available today but will be rolled out in stages as usual. Newer devices most compatible with Windows 10 will receive the update first. The rollout will take several months before everyone is updated. However, if you don't see today's update you can use the Update Assistant Tool to manually update now, here.

Source: Microsoft

desennium, Oct 26, 2019
  6. DRDNA Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

With the Creators Update which I was willing to deal with the new security visuals I was unwilling to see that my original Watchdog Timer Driver was unable to install its self after the update. Giving me a "Windows needs to restart to finish installing Watchdog Timer Driver" no matter how many times I rebooted or full shut down and start up I receive the message which to me is really an error message at this point so I used Windows "Go back to an earlier build" option and restored back to Anniversary Edition and no more Watchdog Timer Driver issues. I did however like the Creators Update and I'm bummed its not up to snuff for me! Oh well no harm or foul yet but if and when it forces the Creators option on me this is fixed!!!! PLEASE BE FIXED lol.

EDIT 1 Maybe Intel XTU had something to do with it but not sure and rolled back anyway.

Edit 2 I wonder if a Mod can move these Creator Update issues to a more proper spot other than News. ??

DRDNA, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update

1. Remove Windows 10 Creators Update message in Windows Update - Similar Threads - Remove Creators Update

2. installing the Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing the Windows 10 Creators Update: The Discussion …. Text may not appear in the Windows interface on some devices after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update...
  3. Windows creator update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows creator update: Hello, I have been having really big issues (fps drops and freezing) since the windows fall creators update. It has been more than a year and there is no fix for that yet. I would like to ask, if Microsoft does care about their costumers, because I am more than very sure,...
  4. Remove Windows Update red message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remove Windows Update red message: is there a way to take off the red message that says some settings are managed by your organization 8529
  5. Windows 10 creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 creator update: I still do not get this update, is it normal? 84821
  6. Windows 10 creator update

Windows 10 creator update: I have just bought new laptop HP Elitebook X360 , which come with win 10 pro , I want to know if updating to windows 10 creator will remove my pre installed app and programs that came with it from HP company or not ! As it has many security features and drivers that I...
  7. Windows 10 Creators Update

Windows 10 Creators Update: Hello,I am willing to try another more time (this will be the last try) to update my system.As you already know, my system is Windows 10, originally installed the Hebrew version and tailored on it the English language.Also installed Office 2007 and other programs...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...
  9. Features removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Features removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: The following features and functionalities in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update are either removed from the product in the current release (“Removed”) or are not in active development and might be removed in future releases (“Deprecated”). This list is intended to help...
  10. Features that are removed or deprecated in Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Features that are removed or deprecated in Windows 10 Creators Update: The following features and functionalities in the Windows 10 Creators Update edition (to be released on April 2017) have either been removed from the product in the current release (“Removed”) or are not in active development and are planned for potential removal in...