Windows 10: Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11

Discus and support Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11 How to Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11

How to: Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11

How to Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11

Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11 [​IMG]
    Information Enterprise Mode, a compatibility mode that runs on Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), lets websites render using a modified browser configuration that’s designed to emulate either Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8, avoiding the common compatibility problems associated with web apps written and tested on older versions of Internet Explorer.

If Enterprise Mode is enabled for IE11 by an administrator, users will be able to turn on or off Enterprise Mode for websites in only their accounts in Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.

Enterprise Mode includes the following features:
    • Improved web app and website compatibility. Through improved emulation, Enterprise Mode lets many legacy web apps run unmodified on IE11, supporting a number of site patterns that aren’t currently supported by existing document modes.
    • Tool-based management for website lists. Use the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager to add website domains and domain paths and to specify whether a site renders using Enterprise Mode. Download the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager (schema v.2) or the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager (schema v.1), based on your operating system and schema.
    • Centralized control. You can specify the websites or web apps to interpret using Enterprise Mode, through an XML file on a website or stored locally. Domains and paths within those domains can be treated differently, allowing granular control. Use Group Policy to let users turn Enterprise Mode on or off from the Tools menu and to decide whether the Enterprise browser profile appears on the Emulation tab of the F12 developer tools.Important
      All centrally-made decisions override any locally-made choices.
    • Integrated browsing. When Enterprise Mode is set up, users can browse the web normally, letting the browser change modes automatically to accommodate Enterprise Mode sites.
    • Data gathering. You can configure Enterprise Mode to collect local override data, posting back to a named server. This lets you "crowd source" compatibility testing from key users; gathering their findings to add to your central site list.
    For more information about Enterprise Mode for IE11, see:

This tutorial will show you how to turn on and off Enterprise Mode for sites in Internet Explorer 11 for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for a Website in IE11 Tools Menu
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for a Website in IE11 F12 Developer Tools

EXAMPLE: Enterprise Mode on for website in Internet Explorer 11

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for a Website in IE11 Tools Menu
    1. While you have the website open in Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu (Alt+T), and click/tap on Enterprise Mode to check (on) or uncheck (off) it for what you want to do. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for a Website in IE11 F12 Developer Tools
    1. While you have the website open in Internet Explorer, press the F12 key to open Developer Tools.

2. Click/tap on the Emulation tab in Developer Tools, and select Enterprise (on) or Desktop (off) in the Browser profile drop down menu for what you want to do. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 13, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    MSN is crashing in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Lee,

The issue you're experiencing could be due to unauthorized add-ons causing the page not to respond. We'd like to know the following:

• Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue happening to all websites aside from MSN.com?

In the meantime, I suggest that you start Internet Explorer with no Add-ons. Please follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R. A Run dialog box will open.
    • Type iexplore.exe -extoff

If you're able to browse websites without any issues, then add-ons may be cause the error. You can refer to this link on how to turn off/remove add-ons on Internet Explorer:
    Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11.

Please update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

How Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 work better

Source: How Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 work better together in the Enterprise | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Internet Explorer 11, document mode 5, web page is not rendering properly.

Hello Swapnil,

I've made some researching regarding the said issue in Internet Explorer 11 and it was stated that:

"The compatibility improvements made in IE11 lets older websites just work in the latest standards mode, by default, without requiring emulation of the previous browser behavior"

Also, I would suggest checking the articles below regarding deprecated documents modes and Internet Explorer 11:

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 freezes while using Gmail

Hi,

From your post it appears that you are facing issues with Internet Explorer 11 only when you try to access Google Mail and Internet Explorer works fine with other websites. I would suggest you to try using compatibility mode once. To do so add Google Mail
    website in the compatibility mode list.

For more information refer to:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that does not help, you can get in touch with Google support for assistance with this issue.

Anannya Podder, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Enterprise

2. How to Turn off Website Recommendations in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn off Website Recommendations in Windows 11: [IMG]In this article, we will show you how to turn off website recommendations in Windows 11. Website Recommendations in Windows 11 is a feature that suggests websites based on your browsing history on Bing. These recommendations are displayed in the Start menu under the...
  3. Turn S mode off Without internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn S mode off Without internet: There is completely obvious. There is some stupid child working in Microsoft not really graduated people. There is no way to turn off S mode?So my Wlan driver is not installed and I cannot install it because I cannot turn off S mode. So I cannot access to internet. Brilliant...
  4. Turn S mode off Without internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn S mode off Without internet: There is completely obvious. There is some stupid child working in Microsoft not really graduated people. There is no way to turn off S mode?So my Wlan driver is not installed and I cannot install it because I cannot turn off S mode. So I cannot access to internet. Brilliant...
  5. Turn S mode off Without internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.: I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location in "Settings" and still get this error until I turn IE back on: 182047
  7. Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel hyperlinks will not work with Internet Explorer turned off.: I turned IE because of its' history showing up in the "Run" dialog (when I type "C", it shows locations) and Firefox set as default in every location in "Settings" and still get this error until I turn IE back on: 182047
  8. Can I turn off internet explorer 11?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I turn off internet explorer 11?: I have Windows 10 Home Edition and I use Firefox as my browser. Can I turn off Internet Explorer 11? I was about to but I got the message Turning off Internet Explorer 11 might affect other Windows Features and Programs installed on your computer including default...
  9. Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer: How to: Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer How to Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer [img] Information Internet Explorer will play sounds in webpages by default in Windows. If you like, you can turn off playing all...
  10. Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11: How to: Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 How to Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 [img] Information Enterprise Mode, a compatibility mode that runs on Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), lets websites render using a modified...