Windows 10: Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows

Discus and support Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows How to Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon on Taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows

How to: Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows

How to Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon on Taskbar in Windows

If your Windows device has NIVIDIA graphics and NVIDIA display drivers installed, you can display the NVIDIA GPU Activity icon in the taskbar notification area to better monitor the GPU activity.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the NVIDIA GPU Activity notification area icon on the taskbar for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in NVIDIA Control Panel
    • Option Two: Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon from Notification Icon
    • Option Three: Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon using a REG file

EXAMPLE: NVIDIA GPU Activity notification area icon on taskbar

Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in NVIDIA Control Panel
    1. Perform one of the following actions below to open the NVIDIA Control Panel: (see screenshots below)
    A) Run (Win+R) the C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Control Panel Client\nvcplui.exe file.

OR

B) Right click or press and hold on the Desktop, and click/tap on NVIDIA Control Panel.

OR

C) Click/tap on the NVIDIA Control Panel notification icon on the taskbar.

2. In the NVIDIA Control Panel, click/tap on Desktop on the menu bar, and click/tap on Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area to check (add) or uncheck (remove - default) it. (see screenshot below)

*tip You can also press the Alt+K keys and press the D key to toggle Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area as checked (add) or unchecked (remove - default).

3. You can now close the NVIDIA Control Panel if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon from Notification Icon
    1. Right click or press and hold on the NVIDIA GPU Activity notification area icon on the taskbar to uncheck and remove it. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\CoProcManager

ShowTrayIcon DWORD

0 = Remove
    1 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_NVIDIA_GPU_Activity_notification_icon_for_current_user.reg

Download

3. To Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_NVIDIA_GPU_Activity_notification_icon_for_current_user.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. restart the PC to apply.

8. You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 8, 2018
  2. slivkam Win User
    slivkam, Oct 27, 2019
  3. tordogs Win User
    How to remove the icons after uninstal(deleting) gpu-z from notification area?

What should be a simple thing really is not. Using this workaround is the easiest way I've found to do it if you are running Vista, 7 or 8 OS. It does the hard work for
    you. The icon cache will rebuild itself after rebooting a time or two. Can use CCleaner and check "Notification Icons " under advanced but then you still have to stop and restart explorer.exe. This workaround does it all for you.

Notification Area Icons - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums

tordogs, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

5. sagent Win User
    How do I remove Realtemp from appearing in WIndows 7 Notificati​on Area Icons?

How do I remove Realtemp from appearing in Windows 7 Notification Area Icons?

Windows 7 Taskbar
    Notifcation Area
    Show hidden icons (triangle)
    Customize...
    RealTemp.exe <==== How do I remove this please? (I don't want to see this as an option)

Thank you!

sagent, Oct 27, 2019
  6. W1zzard Win User
    How to remove the icons after uninstal(deleting) gpu-z from notification area?

The issue is that there is no mechanism to remove individual icons from that list.

Only clear the whole list (which is what your VBS script does).

All programs have the same issue

W1zzard, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove NVIDIA GPU Activity Notification Area Icon in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Remove NVIDIA

2. Nvidia Control Panel - Display GPU Activity in Notification Area not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Control Panel - Display GPU Activity in Notification Area not Working: I went to my Nvidia Control Panel and tried enabling the setting but it doesn't get checkmarked. I tried on my other laptop but it shows fine. I find this feature really useful and would love to know a solution....
  3. Nvidia Control Panel - Display GPU Activity in Notification Area not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Control Panel - Display GPU Activity in Notification Area not Working: I went to my Nvidia Control Panel and tried enabling the setting but it doesn't get checkmarked. I tried on my other laptop but it shows fine. I find this feature really useful and would love to know a solution....
  4. windows keeping nvidia gpu active after removing ac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows keeping nvidia gpu active after removing ac: Ive been having this problem for ages and just cant solve it. My laptop has a GTX1650. On battery windows uses the integrated graphics and on AC it defaults to the discrete graphics. However, if its running on AC and gets unplugged certain windows programs like cortana,...
  5. network activity icon in notification area

in Windows 10 Customization
    network activity icon in notification area: I remember in windows xp a network activity icon in the notification area of the taskbar. I would like to have this in windows 10 home. Is there a way to turn this on or a script to run that can do this?...
  6. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  7. Follow-up: ADD a program to the Notification icon area.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Follow-up: ADD a program to the Notification icon area.: Hi, I know this was asked and the reply suggested that this is not possible. I was looking for an answer to this same question. I will tell you why so you can provide other possible ways of accomplishing this. I like Windows 7 - Show Desktop icon that also minimized all...
  8. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  9. Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows: How to: Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon in Windows How to Add or Remove NVIDIA Control Panel Notification Tray Icon on Taskbar in Windows If your Windows device has NIVIDIA graphics and NVIDIA display drivers installed, you will have the NVIDIA...
  10. Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area (aka: "system tray") is located at the far right end of the taskbar just to the left of the system clock and includes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on nvidia GPU in notification area

2. How to delete applications from the NVIDIA GPU activity notification window

3. remove gpu activity icon registry