Windows 10: Office issue after sysprep

Discus and support Office issue after sysprep in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi everbody, I've deployed for my compagny Win10 with custom image on acer pcs. I've used sysprep for install programs and customize profil. Thanks... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by superlulu, Jan 30, 2017.

1. superlulu Win User

Office issue after sysprep

Hi everbody,

I've deployed for my compagny Win10 with custom image on acer pcs. I've used sysprep for install programs and customize profil. Thanks Kari for this thread:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...e-sysprep.html

All is fine. But I have a new problem on these pcs. If I install Excel 2010 or Word 2013, these programs work not fine.
    Excel says that there's not enough memory and i can't open files on my network, Word says that it can't find temp folder. They work only if i run in administrator privileges.
    If I try with Office 2007 I have same issues.

If I try to enter to audit mode, install office, then enter to oobe, I have same issues.

It's Windows 10 Pro 1607

thanks for help...

:)

superlulu, Jan 30, 2017
  2. cbaxtervb Win User

Sysprep and WIndows 10 Problems

I am having 2 issues with sysprep and windows 10. After I run the sysprep tool and make the image. When logging back into windows the Windows store, news and weather apps are all gone. I tried some of the reinstall using powershell but windows cannot find
    the apps at all, they are GONE. Also I cannot launch and MS Office apps as I get an error saying that the app cannot run on this pc, to find a version that runs on this pc contact the publisher. I need these apps in tact to make the imaging worth the trouble.
    I don't want to re-install Office and I don't even know how to get the store, news , and weather back. Please help!!

cbaxtervb, Jan 30, 2017
  3. CMTang Win User
    Cannot sysprep after windows update

I can't sysprep a PC, which installed with Windows 10 November Update, after the recent windows update. The error that I got is

Sysprep was not able to validate your Windows installation. Review the log file at %WINDIR%\System32\Panther\setupact.log for details. After resolving the issue, use Sysprep to validate your installation again.

Can somebody help? Thank you in advance.

CMTang, Jan 30, 2017
  4. superlulu Win User

I have an other image, just before sysprep.
    If i install office, do not use sysprep, join my computer in domain and install for my user, it works...
    Problem come only if i use sysprep and install office after

superlulu, Jan 30, 2017
  5. Kari Win User
    I've never seen Sysprep causing any issues with Office. I myself run Office 2016 on a heavily modified and customized setup, with relocated Users folder and user profiles, generalized with Sysprep, Office installed in Audit Mode before sysprepping. Absolutely no issues.

Could you please copy your answer file, remove all personal information from that copy replacing it with X's (company name, possible product keys and so on), zip it and attach to your post.

Office memory warnings are quite common issue, here's Microsoft's support article with various stuff you might be interested to test: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...rrors-in-excel

6. superlulu Win User
    thanks Kari for your answer.

In fact, PCs are in production, with an old office suite (office 2000) . But I have to install office (Excel 2010 and Word 2013) in these pc on production. So after sysprep. Not before.

Here is my answer file, only used for copy profile:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
    <settings pass="specialize">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile>
    </component>
    </settings>
    <cpi*RedfacefflineImage cpi:source="wim:c:/install.wim#Windows 10 Pro" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
    </unattend>

superlulu, Jan 30, 2017
  7. superlulu Win User
    So, I try an other thing.
    I flash one pc with an image without sysprep. I've installed Excel 2010 in audit mode and it works fine. Then I enter to oobe mode, without generalize and with my xml file, all is ok. But, if I generalize, the issue appears...

superlulu, Jan 31, 2017
  8. Kari Win User

I really do not know why that happens. Myself currently using Office 2016 without an issue, all machines deployed using a heavily customized, sysprepped and generalized deployment image, even user profiles relocated on another drive. Office has no issues.

Microsoft TechNet has a support article about deploying Office 2010: Configure Office 2010 for capturing an image

If that article does not help, you should contact Microsoft Support to get help.

9. superlulu Win User
    I found a solution !

I don't know why but i need to replace folder c:\users\profilname\appdata\roaming\microsoft\office by the folder c:\users\administrator\appdata\roaming\microsoft\office .
    Then it works fine...

superlulu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Office issue after sysprep - Similar Threads - Office issue sysprep

2. Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues: I accidentally ran Sysprep (Out of box experience / Generalize) and now my computer is behaving erratically. Running Windows 10 Pro. I don't have a restore point. Is there anything I can do? submitted by /u/QREL_ [link] [comments]...
  3. sysprep issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sysprep issue: Hello, collegues. I have virtual machine with Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1039). There has some configuration and installed some apps for workstations deployment. To reach my goal I need to perform `sysprep /generalize /oobe /quit`, but I got...
  4. sysprep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    sysprep issue: Hello, collegues. I have virtual machine with Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1039). There has some configuration and installed some apps for workstations deployment. To reach my goal I need to perform `sysprep /generalize /oobe /quit`, but I got...
  5. 1909 sysprep issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1909 sysprep issues: I've frequently encountered issues with sysprep failing since 1903 due to some issue with spopk.dll. replacing it with an 1809 or earlier version of the same .dll typically fixed it, but since upgrading to 1909 this will allow it to sysprep, but when deploying a captured...
  6. Account issues when using Sysprep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account issues when using Sysprep: So I've got a set of virtual machines i'm setting up, and I want to create a "base image" I can use to clone for each one. So, I created a new VM, installed Windows 10 Pro (unactivated), downloaded the latest updates, then ran Sysprep and told it to "Generalize" and shut...
  7. Problems with sign-in after sysprep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with sign-in after sysprep: Hi, I used SysPrep a little while ago to reset my system for anticipation of a motherboard swap. So I ran sysprep and then installed new motherboard and when I rebooted for first time again Windows setup created a new user. So now I have two users the first of which...
  8. Sysprep issue (miracastview)

Sysprep issue (miracastview): I know there has been a lot on this issue, But the workaround doesn't work. Copy the C:\Windows\MiracastView folder from When Syspreping window I get an error says " Package Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy was installed for a user but not provisioned for...
  9. SYSPREP Issues

SYSPREP Issues: Windows 10 Enterprise x64 So I am using the unattend.xml file below and the command. sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:c:\windows\systems32\sysprep\unattend.xml I use Windows PE/Ghost to capture/deploy after the shutdown. I've had various levels...
  10. SYSPREP issues

SYSPREP issues: Hi, I am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues i am, after (apparently successfully) SYSPREPping a Windows 10 (clean) installation, and restarting it? BTW: i have used a very simple autoanswer file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend...