Windows 10: Office (power point) runs VERY slow...

Discus and support Office (power point) runs VERY slow... in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi Forum, I hope this is the right place. My office (mainly power point) run VERY slow. When copy-paste simple icon- i can wait about 15-20 sec... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by SwissExcel, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Office (power point) runs VERY slow...

Hi Forum,
    I hope this is the right place. My office (mainly power point) run VERY slow.
    When copy-paste simple icon- i can wait about 15-20 sec

Before uninstalling/installing office. Any idea what could be the problem and how to solve it?

Cheers

:)

SwissExcel, Feb 14, 2017
  2. Aranya. Win User

Office app on WP 8.1

How can I run a video on power point with the office app on wp8.1 ???

The answer is very important.

Aranya., Feb 14, 2017
  3. DaveNJ884 Win User
    Brand new XPS 15 and Quicken 2016 installed fresh and very Slow, other apps run great

Quicken 2016 runs very very slow on win10 on new dell laptop xps 15... office and other apps running fine...

No real info on Quicken 2016, maybe they haven't caught up yet... also followed the hints on clicking off the Privacy items that get automatically clicked on.... rest of apps are fine, quicken slow as heck...

thx

DaveNJ884, Feb 14, 2017
  4. Office (power point) runs VERY slow...

Hi SwissExcel

Solutions all from the web except last. You may have already tried.

Run Disk Cleanup, File Explorer => Right click on C:, left Click Properties. General tab has Disk Cleanup. You're after Temporary files. You decide whether other types of files should be cleaned up.

Next within Powerpoint
    File => Options =>Advance => Display then disable Hardware graphics acceleration.

Next
    Windows Key + R, sysdm.cpl, Advance tab, inside Performance box click Settings, deselect "Animate Controls and Elements in Window"

While not specifically related I would take the opportunity to completely shutdown windows by holding down shift key and clicking shutdown. On next boot windows starts fresh. You can research process on Google before trying.

Post back should one fix, it adds to the book of answers.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 14, 2017
  5. Ken - you are the man !
    Thanks a lot. this helps a lot.
    Swiss excel

SwissExcel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office (power point) runs VERY slow...

1. Office (power point) runs VERY slow... - Similar Threads - Office power point

2. Computer running very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running very slow.: I cleaned disk and unwanted files .But computer still running very slow.Hoping you can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-very-slow/f4755bac-384e-4540-a2d2-e08890c8daef
  3. Computer running very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer running very slow.: I cleaned disk and unwanted files .But computer still running very slow.Hoping you can help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-very-slow/f4755bac-384e-4540-a2d2-e08890c8daef
  4. WSP Office and Power Point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WSP Office and Power Point: I installed WSP Office and want to use it to view Power Point slide shows. I can't figure out how to play one without the program itself opening in front of the slide show. Any advice will be greatly appreciated....
  5. Laptop is running very slow

Laptop is running very slow: my windows 10 is running very slow. it taking 3-4 minutes to start. 10 seconds to open any window. the windows update of version 2004 is failing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-running-very-slow/2c08d0bb-8031-46f2-a8ea-f2580aa13187
  6. my computer is running very slow

my computer is running very slow: hi! my computer is running very slowly. task manager shows that a process "services and controller app " used up almost 90% of the CPU capacity! Can anybody help?...
  7. Microsoft Mail running very , very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail running very , very slow: Hi The mail on my pc has suddenly started to run very slowly and takes forever to load messages and saved messages. I have reset the app and checked the settings to allow access but to no avail. Has anyone got a quick fix. I am using windows 10...
  8. Computer is running very slow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer is running very slow: My computer is running very slow and sometimes it does not to respond at all. And this happen after I watch adult content movies. Please help. AB Mavhungu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-is-running-very-slow/ebca2912-84c8-4e15-8ea0-bc01844e2c4a
  9. PC booting slow and running very slow

PC booting slow and running very slow: My PC has been acting up pretty bad, it seems to have been a deterioration over time as it started rough and is just getting worse. It will take about 10 minutes or so to boot, when i finally get in, even right clicking for the simple drop down menu has my mouse loading for...
  10. Internet running very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet running very slow: Hi all, i'm running windows 10 on a dell pc.In the last week my internet has started to run very slow. I usually use chrome, but also have internet explorer which was also slow which leads me to think the problem is to with windows rather than a browser. My ps3 seems to run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power point running slow

2. XPS 15 slow saving microsoft office

3. power point runs slow